Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys...before we venture too far down this path, which is likely to have strong opinions on either side, let's remember that this is a reports thread...even if there aren't many boats out there to file a report.

Brian

Hey guys...before we venture too far down this path, which is likely to have strong opinions on either side, let's remember that this is a reports thread...even if there aren't many boats out there to file a report.

Brian

I think everyone knew that with these restrictions it was going to get to be a bit of a **** show on the site, going to be a lot of finger pointing and holier than thou stuff going on.

Was out today for a quick one got some very nice fish i was the only boat SAD, let this one go BESIDE boat and not handled 18 ish id say.
Stilla all due respect if you are not keeping a fish there is no need to hold it up. I have been guiding for over 30 years you do NOT have to tell me or educate me on handling fish, been there done it , go do some hatchery work and see hand prints and scale loss of returning chinooks, point I was trying to make you tire a fish for 10 mins then grab it at pictorial where its heart is . and you squeeze it ....hmmm it may swim away fine but seriously why take a chance give the fish the respect it deserves. ok end of rant and the last of commenting on it go have fun take a pic beside boat and enjoy.....
64607551_2048519705444033_7234466101910831104_n.jpg
64554913_2048519682110702_8704949486859845632_n.jpg

I started a thread in the conservation section of you guys want to move it there until it gets shutdown lol

Are the marina spots fairly full or are a lot of people not putting thier boats in?
I would guess Cheanuh was maybe 20% full this am. Got out from 5-8;30 this morn great weather lots of action. Had a slab of a fish get off when I was trying to clear the other rod. Never heard my reel sound like that before it was screaming , fish was just going all over right at the surface the whole time. 55' green glow spoon hooked that one

One of the best days fishing I've had without having a fish to show for it 10 springs and a couple wild coho most of the springs were smaller but 1 15 and 1 a very conservative 25 tough to get an actual weight while trying to keep the fish alive All action between beechy and the trap at around 65 on the down rigger

Trying to weigh a fish and keep it alive? How many fish are being killed during this release period?
Should be no fishing at all until able to retain. A dead released fish is still a dead fish!!!

Still using flasher's Wolf ?
Lol ! :D
Report: I missed getting out today as I had to work however on the positive I was 100% perfect on chinook survival today. Those flashers in that photo above are terrible things though - they unnecessarily tire the fish out! Using flashers causes a higher mortality !? ;):rolleyes:

Trying to weigh a fish and keep it alive? How many fish are being killed during this release period?
Should be no fishing at all until able to retain. A dead released fish is still a dead fish!!!
What I said butterfingers was I didn't get an actual weight and the fish was released alive!!!

Got out today, first time in three weeks. (Wind & Work)... Lots of action just out front of the harbour. Depths were 45 -55 and 75-85 lots of hatchery Coho and mid size Chinooks. All on green & white skinny G spoons (3") Also got sealed today, first time this year. There is a lot out there, hopefully this is the last time for the year (NOT). Sun is shinning, beautiful weather get out there.

Well a different day today. Out for hali early, ramp dam near empty but a few boats anchored on all reefs, weather and current was perfect. After gear down and total harassment by the doggies I noticed a small "sheen" in the water out back. Ooh O WTH? After a little investigation and no idea we were back at ramp and on our way to Sherwood. They did some work on boat couple weeks ago. Hats off to their awesome customer service, got me straight in as I drove in yard, soon found the dam small O ring cracked on oil fill cap. WTH Good on them 30 mins and a no charge fix. Thanks Guys.

Look out hali we will be back after them for the next few days of good currents.

HM

No Hali love for us today. Stopped counting dogs at 26. Beautiful day though. Spoke to a few guys at the Pedder ramp and seemed like we weren't the only ones counting doggies. A salmon that looked to be in the 8-10 lb range showed off its acrobatics by doing a 360 in the air just off of our stern,,,,little bast*#d.

A salmon that looked to be in the 8-10 lb range showed off its acrobatics by doing a 360 in the air just off of our stern,,,,little bast*#d.
So if a salmon commits suicide :oops: by landing in your boat do you have to throw it back? :rolleyes::(:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back