How To Make Double Snelled Hooks

Ben Fougere

Here's a video I made to show you how I tie double snelled hooks for kokanee fishing.

Over the next couple months, I will be making a few videos to show you different lures we make with these hooks. Click on the pictures link and if you haven't already, please subscribe to our channel.

Nice. Just gotta stick to artificial lures in BC with double hooks or would be violating the one hook rule if bait is added. "Your basic fishing licence entitles you to: angle … fish (with or without a rod) with one fishing line to which only one hook, one artificial lure OR one artificial fly is attached." Don't think the following is a legal rig in BC.. Screenshot_20190316-064409_Facebook.jpg

Nice. Just gotta stick to artificial lures in BC with double hooks or would be violating the one hook rule if bait is added. "Your basic fishing licence entitles you to: angle … fish (with or without a rod) with one fishing line to which only one hook, one artificial lure OR one artificial fly is attached." Don't think the following is a legal rig in BC.. View attachment 44275

I do all hoochies, fresh or salt fishing, with a single hook. Either a bead chain to a siwash hook or beads on the line to a snelled hook to push the hook to the end of the tentacles. Much easier on the fish.

Nice. Just gotta stick to artificial lures in BC with double hooks or would be violating the one hook rule if bait is added. "Your basic fishing licence entitles you to: angle … fish (with or without a rod) with one fishing line to which only one hook, one artificial lure OR one artificial fly is attached." Don't think the following is a legal rig in BC.. View attachment 44275
I think that counts as one artificial lure, so thus legal. Otherwise bass fisherman (who run two or here trebles per lure) would be in trouble. Multiple hooks would be like a herring jig setup under a bobber, or similar.

I think that counts as one artificial lure, so thus legal. Otherwise bass fisherman (who run two or here trebles per lure) would be in trouble. Multiple hooks would be like a herring jig setup under a bobber, or similar.
I agree multiple hooks are fine when used on an artificial lure, but when bait is added to each hook I think it is no longer an artificial lure according to the regs. .

Here's a video I made to show you how I tie double snelled hooks for kokanee fishing.

Over the next couple months, I will be making a few videos to show you different lures we make with these hooks. Click on the pictures link and if you haven't already, please subscribe to our channel.

Good vid Ben , thanks

It might be considered as "one artificial lure" similar to the 2 hooked bucktails used for those big rainbows in the Kootenays. (of course on waters with a single hook/single barbless hook designation would be different). Check with your local regional Fish and Wildlife office to make sure, though.

It might be considered as "one artificial lure" similar to the 2 hooked bucktails used for those big rainbows in the Kootenays. (of course on waters with a single hook/single barbless hook designation would be different). Check with your local regional Fish and Wildlife office to make sure, though.
Just off the phone with a VI conservation officer confirming that a lure with baited hooks is still considered ONE lure.
Call your local official and ask .

We have been told that the interpretation of the fishing regulations says that this is a legal rig in BC. Visit our facebook group for more information on this subject. We posted the interpretation email.

I do all hoochies, fresh or salt fishing, with a single hook. Either a bead chain to a siwash hook or beads on the line to a snelled hook to push the hook to the end of the tentacles. Much easier on the fish.

I bonk all my kokanee on the head until my limit is reached and then I chase rainbows with a single hook.

Back