Favourite meal on the water

If I'm camping: hard-boiled eggs, beef jerky, Hawkins cheezies, granola bars, made in the dark tailgate mystery sammich, ginger ale for the veggie.
All the food groups covered.

Smokies is one of my favourites for lunch!

But my personal favourite is a nice flat calm morning trolling and cooking up some bacon and eggs. I pre cook the bacon half way at home and then finish it on the boat so it’s not so messy.

I also have a buddy that always pre cooks perogies with onions and bacon and then we heat those up on the stove either for lunch or with eggs for breaky!

Smokies are good with a good bun and coleslaw topping.

Hawkins Cheezies

I also put together charcuterie boards quite often. Class it up a bit. ;)

I do love cutting up fresh caught salmon into sashimi tossed in a ponzu sauce; out comes the chopsticks (No worms yet before anyone rakes me over the coals :p:D)

Screenshot_20190525-141911~2.png

Last edited:
I like to make good meals even when out on the boat. I think it adds a lot of good memories to my trips out and about on the water. From fresh prawns, crab, fish, clams, etc to steaks, burgers, hogie melts, etc.. Anything I can make on the boat stove top or on my portable charcoal grill if I'm going into a bay to moor overnight or for lunch/dinner. Washed down with some nice ice cold crisp beers of course!

20170529_104726.jpg

20180712_185705.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

20180803_185513.jpg

20180311_185158.jpg
20180624_203320.jpg

20180803_184225.jpg

20180312_100640.jpg

I like to make good meals even when out on the boat. I think it adds a lot of good memories to my trips out and about on the water. From fresh prawns, crab, fish, clams, etc to steaks, burgers, hogie melts, etc.. Anything I can make on the boat stove top or on my portable charcoal grill if I'm going into a bay to moor overnight or for lunch/dinner. Washed down with some nice ice cold crisp beers of course!

View attachment 45517

View attachment 45518

View attachment 45519

View attachment 45520

View attachment 45521
View attachment 45522

View attachment 45523

View attachment 45524
Awesome looking grub but I especially love that chair in the bottom photo. That is awesome. Looks like it was made from the old style chairs with the webbing that usually rotted after a couple of years..

Awesome looking grub but I especially love that chair in the bottom photo. That is awesome. Looks like it was made from the old style chairs with the webbing that usually rotted after a couple of years..
Newf it's one of two chairs that were made for my wife and I for a wedding present 20 years ago by a dad of good friends of ours. One was of a salmon jumping out of the water which sadly hasn't survived this long and this other one in this picture was made to represent our Malamute/Timber Wolf hybrid (Loba) we had when we married whom has since passed away. She used to travel everywhere with us. This chair is still surviving well so far. It stays on my boat full time now. Yes, he used frames from the old fold up chairs that had that material that would fall apart quickly. This material is a tough nylon/polly.

View attachment 45517

View attachment 45518

View attachment 45519

View attachment 45520

View attachment 45521
View attachment 45522

View attachment 45523

View attachment 45524

Damn, I know who’s boat I want to go out in. Some fine looking eats

Having a barbecue on a boat is the best thing ever , everything tastes better on boat , I have cooked everything out there , but last summer at critter cove took the grandkids and got the cinnamon buns in the morning and forgot about em till later in the day heated up the barbecue at put them in on low heat with shaved butter all over them and that was the best treat ever

View attachment 45517

View attachment 45518

View attachment 45519

View attachment 45520

View attachment 45521
View attachment 45522

View attachment 45523

View attachment 45524

Is that meat board mounted to a Scotty rod holder?

Back