2019 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
200 a person?? For three nights in Barkley Sound?? It’s a steal. They obviously don’t understand and it’s their loss. I wouldn’t feel bad at all

I would also add this: if they wanted to do a 3 day vacation to some other remote west coast destination, even NOT including any fishing, would it be possible for less than $200/person? Unless they want to sleep in a tent and eat canned salmon and beef jerky and drink caribou beer, I highly doubt it.

morganic, you were being more than fair with your offer.

My boat costs me $250 every day I turn the key on with depreciation, maintenance and insurance.

That's not counting fuel, gear and most important BEER.

I have learned that you don't want people like that on your boat anyway.

They get on your boat and the first question is how many of each fish can we keep to get all our limits.

Then they calculate how many pounds it will take to cover the trip.

I am done with people like that as they can stay on land.

Codfather

So this happened. A buddy from work and his wife had a couple in visiting from Atlanta Georgia. He's a big fisherman the others not so much. I offered to take them up to bamfield for the long weekend as I thought it would be awesome experience for them. I said I'd organize everything and we could split the expenses with which my buddy agreed. I included my travel and cabin costs(since my wife ain't coming and I'm essentially a host that has to do it all) and it worked out to about 1000$ for the five of us for 3 nights some fishing and all meals. I told them last night it would be about 200$ per person which I assumed was reasonable. Well I woke up this morning with a text saying the Americans couldn't afford to go and they were bitter and they weren't going to get up for their ferry reservation. I tried phoning them this morning and texted I would cover some for them and said 100$ per person but got no response. I'm pretty sure they didn't get on the 745 ferry. So was I being unreasonable. I think my offer and the opportunity to do a bamfield trip was more than fair. What do you guys think

That is cheap! If anything you undercharged. People are brutal, and you don't want those types on boat anyway.

So this happened. A buddy from work and his wife had a couple in visiting from Atlanta Georgia. He's a big fisherman the others not so much. I offered to take them up to bamfield for the long weekend as I thought it would be awesome experience for them. I said I'd organize everything and we could split the expenses with which my buddy agreed. I included my travel and cabin costs(since my wife ain't coming and I'm essentially a host that has to do it all) and it worked out to about 1000$ for the five of us for 3 nights some fishing and all meals. I told them last night it would be about 200$ per person which I assumed was reasonable. Well I woke up this morning with a text saying the Americans couldn't afford to go and they were bitter and they weren't going to get up for their ferry reservation. I tried phoning them this morning and texted I would cover some for them and said 100$ per person but got no response. I'm pretty sure they didn't get on the 745 ferry. So was I being unreasonable. I think my offer and the opportunity to do a bamfield trip was more than fair. What do you guys think
F him

morganic, you were being more than fair with your offer.

My boat costs me $250 every day I turn the key on with depreciation, maintenance and insurance.

That's not counting fuel, gear and most important BEER.

I have learned that you don't want people like that on your boat anyway.

They get on your boat and the first question is how many of each fish can we keep to get all our limits.

Then they calculate how many pounds it will take to cover the trip.

I am done with people like that as they can stay on land.

Codfather
Agreed. I have cut out lots of clientele with that price per pound mind set and still get all the charters I want

^^ what he said. Man some people just don’t get it Some people just have no clue. Tell them to phone a lodge and see what it costs lol

I am guessing you would have a long line of great guys from this forum who would gladly do that trip and bring beer and food as well!
And they would appreciate your effort. Thats just lame.

Thanks for replies guys. I knew I was being fair. The weekend was gonna cost me more than they would pay. My buddys choked cuz he knows the cost and the experience it would be. I told him to grow some balls and leave them behind and we'll fish hard all weekend. Says his wife would be choked. No balls. I didn't even tell my wife I was buying a place in bamfield until after it was done
TBH. She did know I was thinking about it. My balls aren't that big.

You’ll have a better time fishing with out them. They probably just ***** about the weather and the waters to rough, on and on. A guy doesn’t need that kind of negativity on his boat . Have a good weekend.

Thanks. You're all right. On a positive note.
Got up here around 1. Picked up my new Sounder breakers installed. Picked up my boat from the seabeam dock and got settled at my place across the inlet. Power nap then out on the water for low tide. Headed to Kirby where I had just got second rod down and first rod went off. Decent spring about 10lbs that took some line and gave a bit of a fight. I hadn't even put net together yet so as I was holding it behind boat figuring out my options it spit the hook. Reset that rod and got a small one on the other. About 20 mins later a double header. Played the one that popped the clip and boated an 8lb hatch that was bleeding. The other was a small.
Both would be keeper springs were caught at 48 ft on green nickel skinny g. Smalls caught at 57 on sardine spoon. Gonna give my first go at halibut tomorrow.

Thanks for replies guys. I knew I was being fair. The weekend was gonna cost me more than they would pay. My buddys choked cuz he knows the cost and the experience it would be. I told him to grow some balls and leave them behind and we'll fish hard all weekend. Says his wife would be choked. No balls. I didn't even tell my wife I was buying a place in bamfield until after it was done
TBH. She did know I was thinking about it. My balls aren't that big.
You should have told them it was Canadian money

Reactions: RBL
One hell of a good deal Morgan ! Guys like that u dont need , you ever want a fishing partner , give me a text and I'll be there for 500 bucks for 3 days ...Damn if I wasn't working today I'd be at your dock right now with 5 brown ones...Damn people just dont realize .....Hope u get out and enjoy anyway Bro ...See ya in Jun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back