2019 Sidney Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are catch and release at Elk Lake. I have smoked trout from Elk and they are fine. I like lake fishing as it flushes everything with fresh water, no tides and nice easy fishing for a change.
I agree I enjoy how easy it is and most days you don’t have to wait all day for a strike I usually keep one or two to eat and they are more than just fine actually delicious. No guilt bonking a few as it so well stocked!

I agree I enjoy how easy it is and most days you don’t have to wait all day for a strike I usually keep one or two to eat and they are more than just fine actually delicious. No guilt bonking a few as it so well stocked!
I'm back from the Yukon! What'd I miss? ;) (kidding! I'm just as unhappy)
I'll be cleaning off the little zodiac I have and getting the electric motor out of storage to get back to my bass fishing roots.
For Elk Lake Trout, any salmon spoons good producers? Coho killers...?

I'll be cleaning off the little zodiac I have and getting the electric motor out of storage to get back to my bass fishing roots.

Hi I think a Coho killer might work I have some success with a fly I tied to imitate a bass fry I also want to try a little plug like they use in Cowichan a trout can be just as much fun as a salmon if the gear is light

Hi I think a Coho killer might work I have some success with a fly I tied to imitate a bass fry I also want to try a little plug like they use in Cowichan a trout can be just as much fun as a salmon if the gear is light
I am sorry this should be on the freshwater page but I don’t know how to move it so I will start a thread on it

I like little inline spinners (rooster tails) tipped with a chunk of worm or power worm when trolling.

I’ve definitely caught my biggest trout there anchoring and dropping power bait to the bottom.

Took a shot at Halibut off the backside of Sidney Island. Was a beautiful calm morning until about 11am when the wind came up. Tried salmon belly, octopus and even Mackerel! No luck, not even a dogfish. Where have all the Hali gone lol!

We take our 20 foot ski boat there without much of an issue.
Have done a 23 foot as well, but it was tricky

I guessing that if you own a rigged out 23 footer, owning a 12' tinner is just pocket change.

No quite. I don’t know how I talked my wife into letting me take money out of my mortgage.
I miss my 15’ stabicraft.....

Thought that the Sidney reports looked barren so went out with @advTHXance this morning on the mighty Popemobile. A lot windier than we anticipated. Fished Moresby and off of Powder Wharf without success. Got into a bite off of Coal around 11 and released a nice 14 - 15 pound hatchery football after a spirited fight. A couple more long line releases. A little tough to accept releasing fish given that it was a hatch and like every other fish in the area, is not a Fraser fish, but I guess I will have to get over it. Very weird to fish three normally popular areas on a Sunday in May and not see another boat fishing the entire time.

Set out the traps in the morning and carried out my business for a few hours went back to check them and couldn't have been more successful! Three Giant brown rats that have been plaguing my yard for a while.
Peanut butter was the winning bait :p

... Boy do I miss fishing... But the backyard hasn't looked better! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back