2019 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they had a person in the boat that has no legal requirement to measure, record or report??? I am looking for some new best buddies.

HM

If you estimate the length and are wrong you are a poacher. Pretty simple. Legal or illegal.
That would only be the case if you estimated and it was over than what is allowed if however you were wrong to the under what is allowed no harm no foul.

Getting back to the reports....

I took the aft off and hit the flats. Ghost town. Very sad. Only 2 other boats. Well, except for the triumphant whale watching boats buzzing by, but I will digress....

I tried my hand at jigging without success. Saw one other jigger catch and release a smaller one.

Beautiful day out there! Need more boats out!

Nice tides for hali yesterday :) so warm and calm I got a nice tan and a massive skate but no hali :( it was a short soak in 265' off albert head (mud hole?) I find it an odd place for hali as I've always been told they like structure??

Also out yesterday with rockdog......his boy also played a monster skate. No hali love for us....
Trial.

I know, i considered keeping the second one on the way up, until its creepy boner tail popped up when it broke the water. 0 for 4 this year

One skate and a dogfish for me yesterday,the halibut are definitely not as easy to catch as they have been in the past years for me.We used to have day's with multiple fish and now are happy to get one.The (Good Old Day's ) are gone I'm afraid to say.

One skate and a dogfish for me yesterday,the halibut are definitely not as easy to catch as they have been in the past years for me.We used to have day's with multiple fish and now are happy to get one.The (Good Old Day's ) are gone I'm afraid to say.
Was wondering how you made out......was that you the cop boat was checking?

Darin

Yes,twice in three weeks,next time I'll just show them that I've been checked,all good. Their big inflatable sure can fly,I was doing about 30 mph and they cut me off in no time.

They hung out after you left and I thought here it comes.....they will be headed our way but then he lit it up and followed the flotilla of whale watchers. I sure hope they keep those guys on their radar and make sure they are enforcing the bubble zone.

True and yet we are arguing amongst ourselves over the length of a legal Halibut while we are getting destroyed by a bunch of celery chomping hippies

Nobodys arguing over the length of a legal halibut, I simply asked what he meant when he said he didnt measure it. By law it has to be recorded with a measurement. He said he measured with a marked paddle or something and thats certainly good enough for me.

Found my measure tape on my lawn, little hands must have relocated it while playing in the boat.

Tried west Constance for Hali early this morning. Nothing but doggies, fog and 3 other guys anchored rather close together that made me think they probably never saw one another until the fog broke.

It was a tad to windy / bumpy and I was out of bait so I pulled out just before noon.

Mud Hole May 11 2019-

Biggest damned Dogfish seen south of Princess Royal Channel and that was about it.

IMGP0131.jpg

IMGP0132.jpg

IMGP0133.jpg

Last edited:
Yes,twice in three weeks,next time I'll just show them that I've been checked,all good. Their big inflatable sure can fly,I was doing about 30 mph and they cut me off in no time.
Tell them to go up the F*****G Fraser River and do something Jesus christ !!!! it s a tough year for hali s not alot being caught but salmon are getting massacred in the river when there supposed to be left till july great use of enforcement resources ! Really happy were doing our part as a sector for absolutely no reason at all a complete waste of time and a political pile of s##t sorry not really a report just fed up the way this whole thing is playing out LOL were 0 for 5 for halis this year !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back