Raffle To Raise Funds For Sooke Net Pen

Ticket sales have stalled ever since the boat show. Some of it is my fault as I haven't been that motivated the past few weeks. There is only about 6 weeks left until the draw date so time for me to crank up the effort again and get the remaining tickets sold and maximize the net pen funds. Most of you will have heard that SVIAC is working on another net pen at Cheanuh and we will need funds for that project as well. I know there are also plans to get a net pen somewhere in the Mill Bay area with Cowichan stocks which would be cool as it would bring the Inlet back to life and being a terminal area it should not be effected by the Fraser River restrictions.

Curious as to whether you folks are going to try and tap into some of the funding Wilkinson and Horgan were crowing about a few weeks ago for your net pen projects?

Yes I think anyone who have projects in the works will be tapping into that revenue source. I know we applied for funds from the PSF as well, as did the Jack Brooks Hatchery.

Yes I think anyone who have projects in the works will be tapping into that revenue source. I know we applied for funds from the PSF as well, as did the Jack Brooks Hatchery.
Great. I will be very interested to hear of your success, or lack thereof, in getting funding. I’m afraid I’m somewhat sceptical of these big governmental pledges in terms of how much is actually approved and spent.

Ticket sales have stalled at about 250 sold out of the 1000 we have for this draw. Our draw date is quickly approaching on Sunday May 23rd. For the next 100 persons who buy two $10.00 tickets (total $20.00) we will give those buyers a free tackle grab bag. These were tackle bags we had donated for prizes at the 2018 Juan De Fuca derby which was canceled. The companies who donated the tackle told us to find another way to use it to raise money for the Sooke net pen. So I figure if the tackle will help us sell tickets then money will be raised. The tackle was donated by Hot Spot, Krippled Lures, AP Tackleworks, Durabaits, ProTroll, and Luhr Jensen. The bags are all random but all have at least $20.00 worth of tackle in each some quite a bit more. To take advantage of this deal simply send me an e-transfer for a minimum 2 tickets (if you buy more than 2 you will get a tackle bag for each 2 tickets purchased) and I will scan and email you copies of your ticket stubs. Send me an email ahead of the e-transfer with your name, phone number and the security code for the e-transfer. If you buy tickets at the retail outlets you will have to contact me to confirm there are still tackle bags left. Retailers will not have tackle to hand out. Once the 100 bags are gone they are gone.

Tickets are selling again. This is how I'm sending the ticket stubs back to you when you buy with an e-transfer.
img041.jpg

Thanks Oly, how is the kicker you won in the previous raffle running?

Wasn’t me that won it. Wish it was, I could really use it on my new to me boat. Unless it’s just taking a long time to get here. LOL.

Oly

I was the one who one the Kicker last go around. It was 9.9 HP long shaft with remote throttle exactly what I was going to put on my new Kingfisher. BUT!! I didn't realize that the shaft was too short for my boat. I live on the mainland so I didn't want to go back to the island to see if they would exchange it for an extra long shaft motor. Ian at Galleon did me a solid and let me trade in my motor for the correct one. :)

I will take 6 tickets!

Those wanting tickets can send me an e-transfer to: sscl@shaw.ca Send me an email first with your name, phone number and the password you used for the transfer. I will scan and email your ticket stubs to you.

73 tackle bags left to give away for every two tickets bought.

Those of you who have tackle grab bags owed to you can now pick them up at Gizmos Computers on Bay St. They have all the tackle bags and a list of those who get them. Still about 65 bags left.

Latest update and my guess is that we have sold around 350-60 tickets of the 1000 we printed. We are again hoping to raise the full $10,000.00 to help us cover some of the net pen costs from this year. We have already had 2 deliveries of Chinook from Nitinat and those were released last night after a couple weeks of feeding and imprinting to the Sooke River. The nets are being cleaned in preparation for 3 more deliveries this week and another 275,000 Nitinat Chinook. All indications with the 1st batch is another great success and very few moralities.

Back