Annoucement of Protest Outside Fisheries Minister's office May 1 from 12 to 1 PM

They need to remember who took the sports fishing anglers to court to get them off the river.

I do think it may prove very interesting to see how it plays out when the other tribes figure out they are being screwed by their own group.

That simply will not happen with the Fraser bunch. They have no use for you, period. In fact, they are among the most racially biased folks I have ever run into.
It will be a cold day in hell before the Ernie's of the world ever consider anything you, or I have to say even worthy of listening to.
Just the facts Jack...

Nog

That simply will not happen with the Fraser bunch. They have no use for you, period. In fact, they are among the most racially biased folks I have ever run into.
It will be a cold day in hell before the Ernie's of the world ever consider anything you, or I have to say even worthy of listening to.
Just the facts Jack...

Nog
unless you want to buy fish with cash,then they will talk

Pardon my ignorance here, but I just want to know what needs to be done to revisit the FN’s ‘constitutional rights’ in lights of the new realities of our world? A lot of things have changed since the court made that decision. Is this “constitutional right” still viable given the shrinking stocks and the history of DFO’s poor management and enforcement?? Or do we (as a nation) are ready to change our views to the race-based access to natural resources? how long can this **** show continue until we are all forced to vegetarianism?

Just the facts Jack...

Nog
I was referencing the First Nations Bands on Vancouver Island, Nog!

I was referencing the First Nations Bands on Vancouver Island, Nog!

In that case we have more than a few potential allies.
Many of the Island FN's are getting stomped by the ******** too.
And I would suspect that many would be interested in opening up a dialogue as a consequence...

Cheers,
Nog

Why not vote for a party that has a very good chance of forming the next government so they could actually do something?

Key phrase here is “strategic voting”. Every riding is different. In mine the Conservatives have no chance of winning. So it goes back and forth between Liberals and NDP. As such although I completely agree with you statement if I vote conservative in my riding it is a wasted vote. If I vote NDP it may tak a seat away from the Liberals which is the goal of this exercise.

I am just going to reiterate what I have said in other threads.

Just electing out the Liberals will do nothing.

You need elected officials that are willing to all of it:

1) Invest in enforcement.
2) Invest in rehabilitation.
3) Revisit laws and regulation that cause habitat destruction
4) Listen to the Science.

The other parties will try and use this issue to pull you as voters. Make them actually do something for your vote.

Andrew Saxton was in for two terms..... What did he do then?

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Fe...es+oceans+over+three+years/8133846/story.html

Ask him about this? He was involved in the Finance Portfolio.........

Although there may not be an option of voting for a perfect political party, voters are able to punish parties and politicians that put themselves, the party and politics above their constituents.
That is why most governments are not elected in, the old government is thrown out.

It is apathy to say that since there is no perfect alternative to the current government that we most vote Liberal in the next election.
They will really listen to us if we keep voting for them even though they are running roughshod over our rights, healthy leisure pursuits and the entire wild pacific salmon resource!

Vote the bums out!!

I did not say we must vote Liberal at all.

I said we must demand attention to the issues. Call out past failures, especially when the person has been elected before. To give them a free pass on their past failures just to kick out the current government is a wasted opportunity.

Your list is more than politicians.
The whole top management of DFO needs to go.
I had a very intimate view of how the bureaucrats control the entire department.'
They know the minister is only there for 2 years. The 'new' minister depends heavily on these senior bureaucrats.

I am all for revolution brother, but don't kid yourself, that is what you are calling for.

We're all feeling shell shocked by DFO's decision to close Chinook salmon by going with option A and adding in that our Chinook possession limit will go from 30 to 10, which wasn't even part of the consultation. The protest on May 1st outside Fisheries Minister Wilkinson's office was huge! Discussions are taking place behind the scenes on another Protest and we need to keep the pressure on.

What can you as individual anglers do now to voice your concerns and help the cause before joining in the next Protest rally?:

• Make sure you call or write the Fisheries Minister at both his DFO email and his constituency office email, also copy any email to your MP to the Fisheries Minister. Here's his contact information: Jonathan.Wilkinson@parl.gc.ca min@dfo-mpo.gc.ca 102 - 3rd Street West (Main Office)North Vancouver, British Columbia V7M 1E8 Telephone: 604-775-6333

• Lastly I suggest that you contact as many Liberal MP's as possible. Here's a link to help with contact information https://www.liberal.ca/mp/ Not trying make it just about the Liberals, but they need to know that your upset about the Minister's decision. Our ability to put political pressure has never been higher than now, with upcoming October election and nervous Liberal MP’s! This pressure could lead to Minister making some adjustments to the Chinook closure areas. Area 21 got opened up on May to within 1 mile of the surfline.
Last suggestion I know its easy to go on a rampage of rage when doing this, but try to specific points of concern that you can back up, rather than just going off the rails. Hurling insults, as much as they make you feel better, won't help. I have attached our Protest brochure with some points that are worth bringing up.

Attachments

• Fisheries Minister Jonathan Wilkinson Protest Brochure optimized.pdf
    616.9 KB · Views: 7
Just called the Lib candidate in my area......getting a face to face with him.
Every body should do this.
Also called the Conservative rep in outlying area. Getting a meeting with them too.
Voice your displeasure . let them know you and yours are important. Let them know your vote counts.
Dont sit on your hands and say .......its over .....or your just as much to blame as the Fool that has shut us down.

GET INVOLVED !

Just received this..............BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I am not sure I can get through this without going off the rails.........SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME NOT TYPE: GFY!

REMINDER TO COMPLETE YOUR REPORT
Click here:
You will not be asked to participate in the reporting program again for this licence.

As explained on your licence and in a previous email, you have been selected to participate in the Internet Recreational Effort and Catch (iREC) reporting program regarding fishing activity during April under your BC Tidal Waters Sport Fishing licence.

Now that the month is over, we ask that you access the reporting program and complete it as soon as possible. After May 19th, 2019 you will no longer be able to do so.

WHAT COUNTS?

• Report all dates fished, management areas fished in, fishing methods used and number of each species caught or;
  • If you've already entered all of your fishing information, access the reporting program and confirm that you have completed your report by selecting the "I have completely reported all of my fishing information…" button, or;
  • If you did NOT fish in the survey period, access the reporting program and select the "I did not fish tidal waters recreationally..." button.

WE WILL REMIND YOU
You will receive a FINAL REMINDER email asking you to complete the survey if you haven't already done so, or to confirm that you have no additional fishing information to add for the survey perio

Just called the Lib candidate in my area......getting a face to face with him.
Every body should do this.
Also called the Conservative rep in outlying area. Getting a meeting with them too.
Voice your displeasure . let them know you and yours are important. Let them know your vote counts.
Dont sit on your hands and say .......its over .....or your just as much to blame as the Fool that has shut us down.

GET INVOLVED !
Well said!

Just got this letter from Justin. He wanted to contact me personally so he wrote over the form letter and in his own handwriting. Just wish he could learn how to use anything except crayons...........................:D heh heh hehTrudeau and his crayons.jpg

Email #9 to my Liberal MP:

Dear Mr. McKinnon,

I am writing this email to express my disappointment with the recent decision by the Department of Fishing and Ocean 's minister, Mr. Johnathan Wilkinson to shut down the Public Fishery's retention of Chinook salmon in BC's tidal waters.

Proven data from DFO shows that only %1 of the fish caught in the tidal waters of British Columbia by the public fishery are from the Fraser River stocks of concern. This is a proven fact that has been examined by DFO's scientific methods such as DNA sampling and Wire Tag data from. Mr. Wilkinson's decision seems to be dismissing this basic fact.

Besides this, I would like to draw your attention to the following facts:

1- Based on official information available, about 450,000 people participate in public fishing in our province. This contributes $4.4 Million to annual government revenues from the sale of fishing licenses.

2- Public fishery generates $1.1 Billion of annual revenues for BC's economy and creates over 9,000 jobs in our coastal communities.

3- BC’s anglers have always played a strong role in protecting and enhancing our environment, local
habitats, and populations of marine species including salmon and orcas.

In my previous emails to you and Mr. Wilkinson, I have repeatedly requested for the outline of DFO's salmon protection and enhancement strategy. I am yet to hear back from you or any of the government representatives on such strategy. As stated in my previous emails, the strategy should address DFO's long term approach to support habitat restoration and protection, predator control and regulation enforcement.

I am worried that the Liberal government and DFO have ignored the proven scientific facts in making this decision. DFO's decision to close the public fishery's access to Chinook salmon will not yield the necessary conservation outcomes.

I am asking you to share my deep concerns with Mr. Wilkinson and ask for timely and proper adjustment of this decision.

We're all feeling shell shocked by DFO's decision to close Chinook salmon by going with option A and adding in that our Chinook possession limit will go from 30 to 10, which wasn't even part of the consultation. The protest on May 1st outside Fisheries Minister Wilkinson's office was huge! Discussions are taking place behind the scenes on another Protest and we need to keep the pressure on.

What can you as individual anglers do now to voice your concerns and help the cause before joining in the next Protest rally?:

• Make sure you call or write the Fisheries Minister at both his DFO email and his constituency office email, also copy any email to your MP to the Fisheries Minister. Here's his contact information: Jonathan.Wilkinson@parl.gc.ca min@dfo-mpo.gc.ca 102 - 3rd Street West (Main Office)North Vancouver, British Columbia V7M 1E8 Telephone: 604-775-6333

• Lastly I suggest that you contact as many Liberal MP's as possible. Here's a link to help with contact information https://www.liberal.ca/mp/ Not trying make it just about the Liberals, but they need to know that your upset about the Minister's decision. Our ability to put political pressure has never been higher than now, with upcoming October election and nervous Liberal MP’s! This pressure could lead to Minister making some adjustments to the Chinook closure areas. Area 21 got opened up on May to within 1 mile of the surfline.
Last suggestion I know its easy to go on a rampage of rage when doing this, but try to specific points of concern that you can back up, rather than just going off the rails. Hurling insults, as much as they make you feel better, won't help. I have attached our Protest brochure with some points that are worth bringing up.

Absolutely fantastic idea
I just contacted two local liberal MPs
If everyone contacts them
It will get the internal questions moving

Back