Annoucement of Protest Outside Fisheries Minister's office May 1 from 12 to 1 PM

Good Luck Today Gentlemen! I too appreciate everyone that has put time into this. I am a province away unfortunately put have a lot invested in this fight and not just financially but as a family that loves to spend time on and near the water period! Hopefully some one can post up some details on how it goes when they have time.

Greg

Bruce/David-- I didnt miss the point. I raised enough flack that Gord Johns phoned me and we had a frank discussion on the BS that has been imposed on us. I was also critical that Rachel Blaney was nowhere to be seen in spite of the impacts on the impacts on her area.
After an email exchange with her staffers I will be talking to her on Friday morning . The article in the Mirror is a start--- we need to build on that in a positive way. Repetition of the facts is necessary to make some headway---- but at least I feel that my, and others comments got MP Blaney to finally address the mess that the Minister has imposed on us. I will see what comes out of my discussion with her on Friday. BTW--- Not everyone seems to know that Gord Johns is now the official NDP fisheries critic .

All well and good, Bryan, but doesn't address the current closure. Here's what I posted on Johns' Facebook page under the video from Question Period:

"Except you and Rachael Blaney completely MISSED THE POINT!! The point is that the Minister closed the Chinook fishery in the SOG to protect the early Fraser runs in spite of the fact the DFO's own catch statistics show that the public fishery "take" of these fish is less that 1%. People in the communities that you represent who rely on the public fishery to support their families are suffering NOW as a result of this decision. By ranting about past Governments' failures on the fishery file, you gave the Minister the opportunity to tout his and John Horgan's announcement of funding for habitat restoration. I'm sure he appreciated your giving him the opportunity to crow once again about that announcement. You need to challenge him on the CURRENT CLOSURE and the disasterous impact it is having on your constituents while having an infinitesimal impact on the Fraser stocks."

Global just announced the protest on the morning news.

Unfortunately, we're off to a predictably bad start media coverage wise. According to global we are protesting a closure put in place to protect endangered Chinook stocks...

Unfortunately, we're off to a predictably bad start media coverage wise. According to global we are protesting a closure put in place to protect endangered Chinook stocks...

Media will also push the crisis narrative

Media will also push the crisis narrative
I've pushed my contact there to pretty please delve more into the false information given by the DFO. We'll see how it works out.

see ya there Matt , will keep n i out for ya
fk

Wish I could be there Buddy.
Simply no way in our present circumstances I can make it.
I am however in the process of finalizing the fourth letter to be sent to the Minister & Pierre's Idiot Child on this matter.

Give 'Em Hell Ladz!!

Cheers,
Matt

Good luck all, rest of us...send your support!

Attachments

• 0E0054F2-28C2-4406-BBCD-0F46A581963D.png
    0E0054F2-28C2-4406-BBCD-0F46A581963D.png
    509.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 35A731FD-B9EF-4348-9333-40D3E9053C55.png
    35A731FD-B9EF-4348-9333-40D3E9053C55.png
    493.1 KB · Views: 18
Bruce/David-- I didnt miss the point. I raised enough flack that Gord Johns phoned me and we had a frank discussion on the BS that has been imposed on us. I was also critical that Rachel Blaney was nowhere to be seen in spite of the impacts on the impacts on her area.
After an email exchange with her staffers I will be talking to her on Friday morning . The article in the Mirror is a start--- we need to build on that in a positive way. Repetition of the facts is necessary to make some headway---- but at least I feel that my, and others comments got MP Blaney to finally address the mess that the Minister has imposed on us. I will see what comes out of my discussion with her on Friday. BTW--- Not everyone seems to know that Gord Johns is now the official NDP fisheries critic .

Wasn't suggesting you missed the point, Bryan. I was suggesting they missed the point and while the article in the Mirror may help with respect to the long run issue, it doesn't address the immediate concern.
By all means carry on with Johns and Blaney, but until they realize, and are prepared to raise the issue of the current closures with the Minister, I fear your efforts will be in vain.
My suspicion is that the NDP, being environmentalists and being supported by ENGOs probably have no problem with the current closures. You might want to ask them that question point blank - "Do you support the current closure of Chinook fishing?" Their response, if they give you one, might be interesting.

Last edited:
Maybe this might provide a little motivation.... I will be there.
Information forwarded to me at 7:30 this evening, April 29. Native gillnetter fishing at Wellington point west of Ladner, top of Canoe Pass Arm of the South Fraser.Picture taken at 7:04 this evening, net partially picked up, CFV No. 24797. Blue hulled Double Eagle boat with a white cabin.

Native-gillnetter-on-Lower-Fraser-Lic-24797-April-29-7-04-PM.jpg
[/url]
Did you report this to the DFO report line?

Back