Next round of closures SRKW related

Just so I am clear please confirm.... The meetings coming up this week are to give input on the proposed SRKW closures for this season. Nothing to do with the latest restrictions we have already been handed?

Just so I am clear please confirm.... The meetings coming up this week are to give input on the proposed SRKW closures for this season. Nothing to do with the latest restrictions we have already been handed?

Thats How I read it. They want further restrictions. Apparently there are still a few places where you can still go to fish even if you can't keep them. They can't have that.

You can ask what every questions you like.

Yup - shut us down until July 31, get us all thinking about fishing in August and then as we take our eye of the ball they shut us down in August and September with SRKW closures. Left hook - right upercut combo, and we have only seen the first half.

If the SFAB make recommendations that are ignored by DFO, I don't have much hope
that a few scattered meetings will change anything.
I hope I'm wrong.

How about we start protesting at the three meetings. Whenever DFO says something you don't like yell boo and stomp your feet. Lets get a large turnout at all three meetings and let them know we are not happy.
Is this a good idea?

Well being reasonable and trying to negotiate reasonable measures hasn't worked, why not try being unreasonable... Nothing to lose at this point.
So are you in?
For what meeting? I will be at the Victoria one.

I can't make the Victoria meeting... Shift work... I am going to try to attend Sooke!
Good show up early and tell every one what to do. Boo and stamp your feet when DFO says something particularly bad,
clap and cheer when someone asks a good question.
Tear up the brochures when the meeting is over.
We have to remain civil and let them make their presentation, but we can let them know we are unhappy

Who can do Richmond. All you have to do is show up early and tell everyone the plan as they arrive.
@fishin solo are you or your friends going to be there?

Good show up early and tell every one what to do. Boo and stamp your feet when DFO says something particularly bad,
clap and cheer when someone asks a good question.
Tear up the brochures when the meeting is over.
We have to remain civil and let them make their presentation, but we can let them know we are unhappy

I hate to spoil your fun, but bad behavior will not get you ahead..
just saying

I hate to spoil your fun, but bad behavior will not get you ahead..
just saying
I'm not saying be bad, just vociferous.
Raincoast and crew don't get their way by quiet back room negotiations.

Not sure how to post pics but a pod of killer whales in burred inlet right now and two whale watching boats within 150 meters
wtf

Not sure how to post pics but a pod of killer whales in burred inlet right now and two whale watching boats within 150 meters
wtf
I hope this is addressed at the meetings.
If they want us to think this is anything about protecting the whales then they are going to need to address whale watchers also.
The only way to truly get whale watchers on our side (and their money to help) is to have them closed to the same areas, monitored and fined when not compliant.

Back