Important Chinook Information - Feedback Required

And boom goes the dynamite. Email is out.

https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=220737&ID=all

maxresdefault.0.jpg

Are fish going to be "conserved" as a result of this measure are more fish going to make it to spawn, In case you haven't noticed the SE alaska troll gets more allocation this year and the Fraser Native is business as usual.

Its yet to be seen if this will have any measured effect and according to those have crunched the numbers the only way to have a measurable effect to save Fraser Fish is to Significantly reduce the nets on the Fraser.

Also what do you think is going to happen to Fraser Fish if there are gillnet sockeye openings on the Fraser????

View attachment 45071

If we were truly interested in ensure the recovery of the Early / Mid Fraser chinook and were concerned about their outright extinction (As the Dishonorable Mr. Wilkinson claims in his "news" release), the take away from those numbers should be:

Fisheries are really not the problem here (even the FN FSC fishery).

If they are so important to so many groups (SRKW, FN, Commericial Fisherman, Public fisheries, ENGOs, tourism, ecosystems, etc., etc.) and have tremendous economic and social value, then why not address the myriad of other potential issues? Seems logical to me - but I am neither smart nor a politician.

Sorry but lots of confused posts on here. Some on this site said this was coming 3 years ago, and were hammered by others who said sunny ways fools. Do any here really think that the current Gov gives a **** about sport fishers?? Never did but they fooled the voters, (many on here), they still don't give a dam, watch our leaders actions in the house, they DO care about votes, their $$$ and maybe even Oct.

Not much we can do now, make the most of what little we still have while we have it. I still think with current Gov the worst is still to come. Maybe soon Alberta will add another crusher and push gas way up?????

HM

global warming ???? really???? another firm believer in the man made global warming bullshitt,Al Gore made millions of $ spewing that **** on the sheep that would believe it,where is he now???? the ocean was going to the flood the land and we all where going to die????? we still here aren't we,now the new thing is the end is in 12 years,REALLY????? the planet as been warming for thousands of years, and you think that human footprint has something to do with all this????ENGO are a bunch of liberal snowflakes that spew bullshitt,while flying around in private jets,and caravan of suv ,going to meeting.I bet your a big fan of David Suzuki too???another bs spewing ipocrite.They all know what the problem are they choose to ignore them for political gains,they bow to pressure from the people that push the most money,unfortunatly we as fisherman are small potatoes to them

Well, actually climate change is a scientific fact. Of course the climate has changed in the past. Scientists are well aware of that. In fact the reason we know that is science itself.

You are attributing the predictions of the end results of climate change e.g. catastrophic sea level rise, as though anyone said they will happen tomorrow. The hundreds of scientists on the IPCC who analysed thousands of scientific papers to produce the latest report did not say “the end” comes in 12 years. They said we have 12 years to reduce CO2 output by 50% if we are to keep global average temperature rise below 2C.

Your ad hominem attacks on the thousands of scientists who have dedicated their working lives to understanding what is happening to our glaciers, our ice caps and our oceans, with impacts and consequences to all fisheries worldwide, is truly astounding and deeply disturbing.

Well, actually climate change is a scientific fact. Of course the climate has changed in the past. Scientists are well aware of that. In fact the reason we know that is science itself.

You are attributing the predictions of the end results of climate change e.g. catastrophic sea level rise, as though anyone said they will happen tomorrow. The hundreds of scientists on the IPCC who analysed thousands of scientific papers to produce the latest report did not say “the end” comes in 12 years. They said we have 12 years to reduce CO2 output by 50% if we are to keep global average temperature rise below 2C.

Your ad hominem attacks on the thousands of scientists who have dedicated their working lives to understanding what is happening to our glaciers, our ice caps and our oceans, with impacts and consequences to all fisheries worldwide, is truly astounding and deeply disturbing.
Lol another cnn watcher, there is also thousand of scientist that contradict the findings, 2 sides to the story, reducing the carbon footprint by 50% is a pipe dream, unless we all start walking, and lots of blankets its never going to happen, its all being pushed because they makes
Lots of money doing so, you are alowed to believe what you wish, i am not buying it

Lol another cnn watcher, there is also thousand of scientist that contradict the findings, 2 sides to the story, reducing the carbon footprint by 50% is a pipe dream, unless we all start walking, and lots of blankets its never going to happen, its all being pushed because they makes
Lots of money doing so, you are alowed to believe what you wish, i am not buying it

Yep...you and Donald Trump agree.

Nope there are not "thousands of scientists" who contradict the findings. A complete fabrication of the right wing nut bar websites and Fox News.

Science is NOT about "belief". It is about data, evidence, and understanding of what the evidence is telling the observer. The world's climate scientists are collectively more knowledgeable than you, and the politicians and people know this which is why the world will move, albeit slowly, to a carbon emission free world.

The problem is that human lives are so short that most on this planet don't give a **** because they will be dead when it really becomes apparent something needs to change. Just like human population...we’ll wait for another 50 years when there are 20 billion of us and its too late...opps way to many now what?!?!

Ok I gotta get this said!!

All this talk of being pissed off but having to accept our roll in rehabilitations of stocks etc might be a little miss guided.

Yes we need to share in the responsibility and effort. I am not sure anyone thinks otherwise. Some areas like South end of island have been doing so for years. Also we where running at a bare minimum functioning fishery in GS last year at 1 a day to help on Fraser returns.

Now this year we are shut down for a large portion of the “traditional season”.
This is happening despite lots of positive healthier returns from other systems. Also despite the fact that almost every area shut down take from mixed runs and the actual exploitation of Fraser early fish is a small portion of the fish taken in each area.
(Yes there is a cumulative affect that needs to be considered wen considering our affect. )
Further to add is the fact that these regs are as much about doing what is deemed necessary in order to get the Fraser fn to do what they should be doing as Stewards, as it is to provide the optics of doing something. In reality it is a reallocation to the nets that are and will remain in the river.

Yes people are pissed. We have good reason to be.

Dfo has gutted our fishery in the name of conservation. Many years( am I wrong to say10- 20? ) of restrictions closer to the terminal end has shown no results. Yet the best they can do is expand on a 10-20 year long failed effort.

So what I think is misguided is this. We are quickly being perceived as being pissed for having to stop killing fish that are in a conservation crisis.

The reality is most of us are pissed because we are doing so in absence of DFO backing us with a comprehensive, money where your mouth is, boots on the ground plan to actually rehabilitate these runs. So now we are left to wonder how long this will go on for and to what end ?

Me personally, I could accept this much easier if those issues would be present and activated. Then we could see that an end game was at least In the distant horizon. I believe the same could be said of most of us.

Disappointed and deeply concerned for our future ability to access and enjoy what is a life long passion and source of balance to so many of us.

Ray

Nope there are not "thousands of scientists" who contradict the findings. A complete fabrication of the right wing nut bar websites and Fox News.

Science is NOT about "belief". It is about data, evidence, and understanding of what the evidence is telling the observer. The world's climate scientists are collectively more knowledgeable than you, and the politicians and people know this which is why the world will move, albeit slowly, to a carbon emission free world.
climate change yes,man made climate change nope

am I reading this right?????? the beach side stay open to 2 per day for all the west coast????? or am I dreaming???? was a little warp over all this bs.COMMENTS ?????
As I understand it these measures are aimed at protecting the Fraser chinook run. Don't think there's any Fraser fish coming into the inlets off the west coast.

As I understand it these measures are aimed at protecting the Fraser chinook run. Don't think there's any Fraser fish coming into the inlets off the west coast.
if I get this ,one nm and inshore in a go,if this is right,it will ease the pain,and save a lot of jobs and towns.

if I get this ,one nm and inshore in a go,if this is right,it will ease the pain,and save a lot of jobs and towns.
I thought it was just me being hopeful! Lol. Still not sure without a map or plotter in front of me but the 1nm has me confused?

Back