Important Chinook Information - Feedback Required

Why is an annual license so cheap? Why dont they charge us more. I mean we get a pretty good deal 10 chinook a year, couple of hails, a boat load of ling cod, Coho, sockeye pinks, crabs and prawns for 30 bucks a year. That's better than any Costco deal around. Why dont we charge Americans way more to come up here to rape pillage our waters. Why dont they increase fines to 500 bucks for no license or barbed hooks. They are always saying DFO has no money. I mean i pay close 100 bucks for a fresh water license with all the tags for certain species. When profits are down you increase your price.

Why dont we charge Americans way more to come up here to rape pillage our waters.

Really We spend $4000 a year for 2 weeks fishing in Port Renfrew. 2 weeks! I have never taken any fish or crab above my limit. I have fished for halibut but not caught one in 2 summers. The First Nations and seals should be addressed before your southern neighbors in my opinion. A license for a year with stamp is over $100 if you are interested

Well yes you would hope the money goes to the right channels to help and improve all areas for DFO. Maybe they can hire more officers, maybe open more hatcherys . For 30 bucks we take a lot of meat out of the ocean.

Why is an annual license so cheap? Why dont they charge us more. I mean we get a pretty good deal 10 chinook a year, couple of hails, a boat load of ling cod, Coho, sockeye pinks, crabs and prawns for 30 bucks a year. That's better than any Costco deal around. Why dont we charge Americans way more to come up here to rape pillage our waters. Why dont they increase fines to 500 bucks for no license or barbed hooks. They are always saying DFO has no money. I mean i pay close 100 bucks for a fresh water license with all the tags for certain species. When profits are down you increase your price.
You sound like trudeau

Right. So just keeping on trucking brutus. Change nothing. 6 bucks for a Pacific salmon stamp. Make it 20 what's the big deal. Guys I dont believe in what happened yesterday its all BS, but come on same fee price for years. Your telling me if you paid double what you pay now for a yearly license your not going to pay it and in good faith you hope that money goes to help out out fishery.

Right. So just keeping on trucking brutus. Change nothing. 6 bucks for a Pacific salmon stamp. Make it 20 what's the big deal. Guys I dont believe in what happened yesterday its all BS, but come on same fee price for years. Your telling me if you paid double what you pay now for a yearly license your not going to pay it and in good faith you hope that money goes to help out out fishery.

Look, we have had many different governments over the last 50 years
and none have put the proper effort into saving the salmon.
Giving them more money is not the answer.
Having them direct it to the right places is the key.

I just ask a question why is it so cheap for an annual license. We need solutions maybe an increase could help out.

Ya you pay 4000 whats another 200 bucks for you license. Your still coming.
No I am not coming back. I would assume merchants in Victoria, Sooke and Port Renfrew will miss my business. I will miss those great people I met and whose company and stories I enjoyed. Not you DickhEad 18

Yah, I don't get the neagtivity on the increased license cost suggestion. They have been pretty much free for years. $30 is nominal.

Yah, I don't get the neagtivity on the increased license cost suggestion. They have been pretty much free for years. $30 is nominal.
You guys don't get it, they **** away the money we currently pay with the exception of the salmon tag....
how would paying more help ?
the money has to be directed to the root of the problem first !

Too bad it's just a bit frickin late. It will likely be decades to undo the damage. Marine life might be impressed if that had happened 30 years ago. A welcome move in the right direction but that plant doesn't clean up the Fraser as FA points out.
Better late than never and I have seen no scientific research that points to it taking decades or even years to remediate the small area that might be damaged. Also my reply was to a quote that Victoria was pumping sewage into the ocean, I never said it was polluting the Fraser.

I know this is a troll post, but...

I'm one of those americans that comes up and pillages your waters. If I buy the full license package it's about $400US. Last year I punched 4 chinook, and I C&R everything I catch on the chilliwack.

Secondly, fair to say most of the marked fish you're whacking are US hatchery origin...while conversely we cannot keep any unmarked chinook. Facts that have stuck in the craw of many WA salmon anglers for a while.

So I'd say it's a wash.

My guess is the reason DFO is underfunded is the same reason WDFW is underfunded...recovering salmon is not a priority for our governments. They pay lip service to the idea, but when it comes to writing checks it just doesn't happen. It's becoming harder to defend when there's a good economy and growing tax base. WA just "found" 880 million dollars it didn't know it had.

You guys don't get it, they **** away the money we currently pay with the exception of the salmon tag....
how would paying more help ?
the money has to be directed to the root of the problem first !

Governments waste and spend..... I have heard that so many times it really is exhausting. Governments could be more efficient in their spending I agree.

They should do both. They should increase the license as it is nominal. They should increase spending in the areas that have an impact river habitat rehab/Estuary rehab, other studies etc, etc.

Seems to be a silly topic to fuss about most costs increase with inflation atleast.

Boys I'm not a troll and Chivano not coming back because you cant keep fish do it for the love of fishing no? Our dollar sucks anyways.

Back