And so it begins....

I’m going to put them both at the front helm. Once I get some time on the boat I’ll decide if I go with another unit for the back deck. This will get me on the water for the start of the season.
One sounder and one plotter I presume? I really like that option from experience.

One sounder and one plotter I presume? I really like that option from experience.

Yep....I like having redundancy for a bit safety especially offshore. On clear days I’ll run the plotter on one and sounder on the other one like you say. Running to the bank in the fog I like the radar on one and plotter on the other. Once I’m out of the bay in Renfrew I’m not real worried about seeing bottom for 20 miles until I’m at the bank.

I don't have anything picture worthy to add just yet. I did however take advantage of the Pirate Day sale at Harbour Chandler last week. They were helpful over the phone to get me the last of my electronic needs for now. I bought the 3G radar dome...nema starter kit....etherenet cable.....Navionics card and a P66 transducer. I managed to get 20% off most of it so I'm quite happy after getting a good deal at GPS City on the 9" Carbon screens. A few more weeks to go to get through this long work stretch then let the install begin! :) I also picked up the plastic bunk glide-ons and will install them once the boat is off the trailer.

Well one more phase of this long winded thread is complete. The boat floats!!! Getting on the plane today and will post up a few pictures of the electronics install. I’m back out next week for most of July and August and will report with first blood pictures although it seems to have become unpopular as of late.....lol. One last thing for anyone considering Shock Wave seat bases......Dam!!! A total game changer. Should have done it years ago. The boat rides better than I had hoped but the bases make it so smooth. To be continued.....

Last edited:
OMG that looks awesome. Proper designed bow, nice and high, no "added" metal around bow, built for real BC waters as they should from the beginning, all I would need is the roof top kayak bracket. Years of memories and fun commencing. Good job.

HM

OMG that looks awesome. Proper designed bow, nice and high, no "added" metal around bow, built for real BC waters as they should from the beginning, all I would need is the roof top kayak bracket. Years of memories and fun commencing. Good job.

HM
Thanks HM.....I had it out a few times this week and it was fairly snotty out. No water hit the windshield and the bow cut through the waves nicely. I have rails on the roof but might add some sort of rack up there for a dingy or kayak one day as well. Another thing to add to the list...lol

As it is from yours lol but we make it work hey.

We’ll have to plan on a Rivers Inlet, Shearwater excursion one of these years, get a couple boats together and go on a salmon seeking adventure. We just won’t share any pics of any fish cause that’s getting to be against the grain for fisherman now day it seems.

And by the looks of things a guy better get it done soon because it’s a matter of time until all this we enjoy is nothing but memories of the past.

Back