2019 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished from 11:30 to 4:30. Good tide and calm out there. Fished 200’ two rods with herring two with salmon belly. No love for Hali. Got one skate and a dogfish.

Fished the 325 ft mudflats (east of Race Rocks) for halibut Thursday to Saturday last week. Limited out all three days by noon. 11 halibut in three trips. All fish but one was around 20 lb. the other was 114 cm.
Octopus for bait

Fished the 325 ft mudflats (east of Race Rocks) for halibut Thursday to Saturday last week. Limited out all three days by noon. 11 halibut in three trips. All fish but one was around 20 lb. the other was 114 cm.
Octopus for bait
wow
we have been fishing in our usual Oak Bay spots in 200 to 300 ft. and it's been scratchy.
4 halibut in about 10 trips since opening day.

Out for hali with my buddy today , great day on water - thats it !! great tides - no love for us !! we usually fish deep but been skunked our first 2 trips so we went to about 200 feet 1 good hit and that was it !!! slow start this year for us !! oak bay -octopus not a lot caught today by other boats either !! strangely enough . no dogs !! Wanted to go out tomorrow but buddy has to stay home and clean wife s toes Lol !!!!!

Last edited:
No hali love for us today. Seamed to have vacated my spot, time to go looking again. None registered in at Pedder at 2 when we spoke to creel survey guy. Nice calm wet day today, maybe a bit bumpier tomorrow if BWD is correct.

HM

From the reports happy I did a salmon trip on Friday. Beauty day and good action all morning. Finished early after 3 hours, kept a six fish limit, released a couple and lost 4 more. All on spoons in 110-120 ft of water. Lots of bait on sounder and all fish were stuffed with med to large sandlance.

From the reports happy I did a salmon trip on Friday. Beauty day and good action all morning. Finished early after 3 hours, kept a six fish limit, released a couple and lost 4 more. All on spoons in 110-120 ft of water. Lots of bait on sounder and all fish were stuffed with med to large sandlance.

What areas where you fishing ?

Constance seems to be holding a good number of fish lately. I have not tried oak bay this year though and thought I should soon .

It was Constance

Fished halibut out Border (Coyote Bank) Bank way Friday and got skunked.
300', herring and salmon belly.
Was hoping to give a more positive hali report after the weekend, but the rotten weather kept us off the water.
Anyone know if the halibut long liners have got their gear out this year?

Chinook Salmon retention fishing closed right now eh.
"Non retention April 1 thru July 31"
Hook and release only...What a joke.
fishing closures april 1 2019.jpg

ESQUIMALT ANGLERS' RAMP PARTIAL CLOSURES STARTING APRIL 17

The east side wharves and ramp will be closed to install new wharves starting Wednesday April 17 followed by closure of the west side next week. One side will remain open at all times to accomodate the few boats that will likely be launched due to the new chinook non-retention regulations now in effect. Your membership and launch fees have paid for these nine (9) new wharf sections at a cost of approximately $220,000. Jenkins Marine has built and is installing the new wharves. The Esquimalt Anglers' Association has taken over twenty years to accumulate the necessary funds to replace the aging wharves. This is being accomplished without any grant monies or Esquimalt Municipality assistance. The EAA wish to thank everyone for their patience while this project is being completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back