2019 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how the escapement numbers looked for 2018 conuma chinook? Looking forward to our annual trip to critter, such a fun place to stay.

I read a Nootka Report stating " The returns to the major systems ended up being solid, and within DFO’s expectations". This is a lot better than "did not meet expectations". Sorry no numbers were listed.

175 days to go to Nootka for me. I know I shouldn't say this but sometimes I wish the time could go a bit faster.

Hey gents, was thinking of doing a power trip to Moucha Canada Day Long weekend and there just happens to be a derby at the same time. Anyone have any experience with this derby? Looks like a fun time.

Thinking of heading up to Nootka in mid to late April for some prawning and maybe a shot at some bottom fish and springs... thoughts? Reasonable fishing around that time..? Prawning half decent? I have fished summers up there for 25 years but never in April and never for Prawns... thanks!!

OK reservation made, accommodation booked, and deposit paid- the rest remains to be seen.

MGP0005.jpg

Thinking of heading up to Nootka in mid to late April for some prawning and maybe a shot at some bottom fish and springs... thoughts? Reasonable fishing around that time..? Prawning half decent? I have fished summers up there for 25 years but never in April and never for Prawns... thanks!!

I usually make my first trip of the year in the first to mid part of May. For the past few years the prawning has not been very good, do mainly I believe, to over fishing by commercials. The situation has been discussed at length here on SFBC. As far a bottom fishing it can be very good if you can get off shore as always tho weather permitting. Early spring fishing, have done some with limited success, I`m sure there are some around if you put in the time. Good luck!

I did a trip out there in May and we got some springs up to the low 20 pound pound range. If you get offshore look for the commercial trollers and fish around them. When the weather was bad we fished Esperanza and got some nice ones on the inside too.

81 days till the annual Jack & Jill Derby at Crtter Cove Lodge always a great time for a great cause. Any word on what the restrictions are going to be this year?

Nobody hyped about the season? This thread has been dead. Sounds like nobody gives a sh*t. 98 days to go to my first trip. Can't wait. Hopefully we're not fishing only for Hali, Ling and clipped Coho inshore (which don't exist btw) only. Dedos cruzados. Luv Nootka!!! Ok, I admit, I had a couple of beers in the garage listening to some AC/DC watching my last year video of a double header at Beano Creek and one at Bajo. Needed to get amped up...Bury my ashes at Bajo!

Nobody hyped about the season? This thread has been dead. Sounds like nobody gives a sh*t. 98 days to go to my first trip. Can't wait. Hopefully we're not fishing only for Hali, Ling and clipped Coho inshore (which don't exist btw) only. Dedos cruzados. Luv Nootka!!! Ok, I admit, I had a couple of beers in the garage listening to some AC/DC watching my last year video of a double header at Beano Creek and one at Bajo. Needed to get amped up...Bury my ashes at Bajo!

I’m heading up second week of july for a week. i’m excited but i’d be more excited if i knew i could target chinook. First time ever bringing my wife and she is very much a fair weather fisher woman. So if no chinook then it will most likely be a no go. she’s not gonna bounce around off shore for hali and ling with me

I’m heading up second week of july for a week. i’m excited but i’d be more excited if i knew i could target chinook. First time ever bringing my wife and she is very much a fair weather fisher woman. So if no chinook then it will most likely be a no go. she’s not gonna bounce around off shore for hali and ling with me

They aren’t applying the options A or B to area 25 are they? The way I interpreted things was “just” the offshore 125. Should still be July retention inside of Maquinna to Escalante.

They aren’t applying the options A or B to area 25 are they? The way I interpreted things was “just” the offshore 125. Should still be July retention inside of Maquinna to Escalante.

Yes, that's how I interpreted option B. I couldn't see there being any Fraser River fish inside Nootka Sound as most of the fish that venture into the sound are Conuma bound or for other local rivers.

whoa nelly! Did I miss something? Have the regs been released for Nootka (25) and 125? I can only find the 2018 regs.

Last edited:
whoa nelly! Did I miss something? Have the regs been released for Nootka (25) and 125? I can only find the 2018 regs.

No, not yet.

I’m there July 18-21 so I’m hopeful the inside surfline regs are similar as PYs. I don’t expect this to change this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back