Raffle To Raise Funds For Sooke Net Pen

I’m interested in buying some tickets for the raffle . I’m in Langley, I be heading to Nanaimo next Friday and stopping at Parksville Boathouse. Is there tickets up there?

No the only retail outlets are in Sidney, Victoria and Sooke. We will offer tickets here by e-transfer to myself. We did ghe same for the 1st raffle and it worked well. We just ask that you add $1.00 to cover mailing your ticket stubs back to you. For those who aren’t set up for e-transfers you can mail a cheque with a self addressed and postage paid return envelope.

No the only retail outlets are in Sidney, Victoria and Sooke. We will offer tickets here by e-transfer to myself. We did ghe same for the 1st raffle and it worked well. We just ask that you add $1.00 to cover mailing your ticket stubs back to you. For those who aren’t set up for e-transfers you can mail a cheque with a self addressed and postage paid return envelope.

The draw date is May 23rd at the open house for the Sooke Chinook Sea Pen that the raffle supports. Cheques for tickets to be made out to South Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition. Mail to 836 Rockheights Ave Victoria, BC V9A 6J4. E-transfers to sscl@shaw.ca. Send me an email ahead of the e-transfer with the security password, your name, address and phone.

Today was a very busy day at the boat show. Crowded at the booth from 10am opening until about 3:30 in the afternoon, then thinned out a bit. Sold around 200 raffle tickets, got about 600 signatures for the petition being sent to the house of commons and signed up quite a few memberships to SVIAC. I’m taking tomorrow off so won’t be at the show. We also handed out all the left over JDF derby hats. I have a bit more room in my office now.

Reckless, so far we have sold about 230 of the 1000 available. We have only made them available last week at the Victoria Boat Show for those 3 days. You can get them through me with an e-transfer and I'll mail the stubs back to you or I will have them in a few local (Victoria area) retail outlets soon.

Today I managed to get tickets out to both Trotac and Island Outfitters. I plan to have them at Alpine Marine, SG Power, Sherwood and Cap-It as well. Should get them to those outlets next week.

Since @Stizzla is semi retired from the Forum now. If any of you American members want tickets, send me a pm and we can do an e-transfer for tickets. I will purchase tickets in your name, and send you a pm with your ticket numbers

I hope this is the start of bigger plans island wide...very inspiring stuff here...any chance you can tickets sent up here to Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo

Policeman, I will give that some thought once I get tickets out to all the Victoria area retailers. Everything has ground to a full stop this week as my father passed away on Monday and have had the family in town. I'm also the executor so have been dealing with final arrangements. To top it all off I had a medical test today which now keeps me from using my right hand for 4-5 days. You don't know how useless the left is until you are forced to use it.

Policeman, I will give that some thought once I get tickets out to all the Victoria area retailers. Everything has ground to a full stop this week as my father passed away on Monday and have had the family in town. I'm also the executor so have been dealing with final arrangements. To top it all off I had a medical test today which now keeps me from using my right hand for 4-5 days. You don't know how useless the left is until you are forced to use it.
Massive condolences Profisher......Family matters and personal health 1st !! take care and somehow find a way to deflect the stress

I have managed to get tickets to Cap-it on Millstream and will have them at SG Power Products on Tuesday. I also hope to have them at Pedder Bay Marina, Cheanuh and Jocks soon.

If anyone would like to sign out a book of 25 tickets and sell them to family and friends send me a pm here. I had a request from Bernie the owner of Prancing Horse Autobody for a book and he has them all sold. So it might be a way to sell many to those who wouldn’t know a out the raffle otherwise.

Ticket sales have stalled ever since the boat show. Some of it is my fault as I haven't been that motivated the past few weeks. There is only about 6 weeks left until the draw date so time for me to crank up the effort again and get the remaining tickets sold and maximize the net pen funds. Most of you will have heard that SVIAC is working on another net pen at Cheanuh and we will need funds for that project as well. I know there are also plans to get a net pen somewhere in the Mill Bay area with Cowichan stocks which would be cool as it would bring the Inlet back to life and being a terminal area it should not be effected by the Fraser River restrictions.

Back