2019 Sidney Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got out for a spot of birthday fishing today around Mandarte. Got into 5 undersized in a couple hours, but nothing over 55cm.

4 fish on the blue mini GSB. One on the blue/glow small Hammer spoon which was then sacrificed into the prop gods.

Got my first sunburn on the year, so no complaints at all.

Went through the biggest bait ball I've seen around the area. 50ft thick!

Got out for a spot of birthday fishing today around Mandarte. Got into 5 undersized in a couple hours, but nothing over 55cm.

4 fish on the blue mini GSB. One on the blue/glow small Hammer spoon which was then sacrificed into the prop gods.

Got my first sunburn on the year, so no complaints at all.

Went through the biggest bait ball I've seen around the area. 50ft thick!
Happy birthday! Its my dads birthday also.

Out for a few hours yesterday and again today. Nothing for me yesterday, lost 2 fish today at Fairfax on anchovy. Nothing at Coal or Sidney Channel. Lots of bait glued to the bottom everywhere we went.

Got boarded by an RCMP border services zodiac who had a rather interesting line of questioning for me and my fishing partner including "are you serial killers?" and "are you out here disposing of any bodies?" I would have thought the popemobile commanded more respect than that!

Out for a few hours yesterday and again today. Nothing for me yesterday, lost 2 fish today at Fairfax on anchovy. Nothing at Coal or Sidney Channel. Lots of bait glued to the bottom everywhere we went.

Got boarded by an RCMP border services zodiac who had a rather interesting line of questioning for me and my fishing partner including "are you serial killers?" and "are you out here disposing of any bodies?" I would have thought the popemobile commanded more respect than that!
I don't hear you saying you weren't... ;)

@Brett, congrats on the fishes again. You clearly have fish whispering properties. :D

I realize I am grasping at straws,but is there any talk of altering the ridiculous Area 18 closure last year? As usual a wall of silence while we wait for the axe to drop again....

Followed Colin @advTHXance at Fairfax this morning but had similar results. One bite that didn't stick. Beauty day and yes, an incredible amount of bait on the bottom. Rewarded with 7 keeper crabs though so still able to eat fresh seafood tonite. Nice job Brett, you are making us look bad.

Got boarded by an RCMP border services zodiac who had a rather interesting line of questioning for me and my fishing partner including "are you serial killers?" and "are you out here disposing of any bodies?" I would have thought the popemobile commanded more respect than that![/QUOTE]

Yeah the police have been making a big presence out in sannich inlet / Sidney area. Got stopped and questioned for half hour about nonsense while prawning on the weekend. And noticed the Sidney rcmp like to camp out at the Tulista ramp and chat up guys coming back in. Have seen the big patrol boat out and about in that area a fair bit in the last few months.

I don’t have anything to hide, just annoying while your out there and the bite is on.

Yeah the police have been making a big presence out in sannich inlet / Sidney area. Got stopped and questioned for half hour about nonsense while prawning on the weekend. And noticed the Sidney rcmp like to camp out at the Tulista ramp and chat up guys coming back in. Have seen the big patrol boat out and about in that area a fair bit in the last few months.

I don’t have anything to hide, just annoying while your out there and the bite is on.[/QUOTE]
That is crazy! What are you Canadians up to.

Obviously there was a large bump in the Marine enforcement budget. I was stopped a couple weeks ago. I'm not a fan of random stops anywhere, what with our constitutional rights and so forth. But it's always easier to just go along with it than speak up for your rights... that's the world we live in...

Obviously there was a large bump in the Marine enforcement budget. I was stopped a couple weeks ago. I'm not a fan of random stops anywhere, what with our constitutional rights and so forth. But it's always easier to just go along with it than speak up for your rights... that's the world we live in...
End of fiscal year funding! Use it or lose it next year. Lol

I was stopped today also took them at least 20 minutes to find out that everything was ok ,they were looking for safety equipment. The boat had three RCMP officers plus one U.S. coast guard on it , the boat is from Surrey. Didn’t get any fish but did catch a partly submerged crab trap that took my cannon ball and all my downrigger line plus my buddies gear. A nice but expensive day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back