2019 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Rupert will be 1/2 on Chinook and not be completely closed this year. Any truth? Heard regs for areas 1-2 will be same as last year.

Curious what you guys would recommend gear wise for the area. I’ve usually only got a couple hours after work, and don’t plan on keeping fish. Going for catch and release only, so I figure plugs and spoons are less likely to be swallowed and easy to get out of a fish’s lip.

I managed to get moorage in Port Ed as a base for the boat. So far we’ve started to familiarize ourselves with Lawyer Islands, Humpback Bay and a trip down to Oona River. I’m starting to get a better handle on the area in different types of weather and tides.

I normally fish Campbell River so I’ve got the full compliment of plugs and spoons. Only thing that has worked so far has been a Coho Killer in Herring Aide color. Really hoping I can start to get some fish on plugs. They usually work pretty good for me at home.

Soooo...... any advice is appreciated. What and how deep do you fish when you’re in the Rupert area? Going to keep the boat here for the summer.

Thanks everyone
R3

Curious what you guys would recommend gear wise for the area. I’ve usually only got a couple hours after work, and don’t plan on keeping fish. Going for catch and release only, so I figure plugs and spoons are less likely to be swallowed and easy to get out of a fish’s lip.

I managed to get moorage in Port Ed as a base for the boat. So far we’ve started to familiarize ourselves with Lawyer Islands, Humpback Bay and a trip down to Oona River. I’m starting to get a better handle on the area in different types of weather and tides.

I normally fish Campbell River so I’ve got the full compliment of plugs and spoons. Only thing that has worked so far has been a Coho Killer in Herring Aide color. Really hoping I can start to get some fish on plugs. They usually work pretty good for me at home.

Soooo...... any advice is appreciated. What and how deep do you fish when you’re in the Rupert area? Going to keep the boat here for the summer.

Thanks everyone
R3
I have only fished around Dundas Island and mostly power mooching with a cut-plug herring and 6 oz. weight.
although the biggest salmon I ever hooked there was on a herring stuffed into a modified Anchovy teaser head fished off a downrigger.

We have been seeing a few more fish lately. I mostly fish Humpback, Hunt Inlet and Lawyer Islands. Spoons have been the most successful for me. We’ve been throwing lots of different stuff out and been catching fish on a wide variety of gear. Most often in the 75 to 85 foot range.
I talked to the creel survey girl at the dock the other night and she said she has been seeing quite a few fish for this time of the season.

We have been seeing a few more fish lately. I mostly fish Humpback, Hunt Inlet and Lawyer Islands. Spoons have been the most successful for me. We’ve been throwing lots of different stuff out and been catching fish on a wide variety of gear. Most often in the 75 to 85 foot range.
I talked to the creel survey girl at the dock the other night and she said she has been seeing quite a few fish for this time of the season.
what is the chinook retention for areas 3,4,5?

Any reports from up here ?

Was out yesterday and caught a nice hali, lots of boats out by Stevens but we didn't connect on any salmon but others were pretty successfully.

Spent the whole day out today and only saw one small feeder spring down below Humpback Bay. Went through all the proven gear and some new stuff, both spoons and hoochies, but not much love for us. Fed the eagles a few small cod. We fished from Table Point all the way to Chismore Passage, depths from 50 - 150’. Beautiful day for fishing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back