Where is salmon river fishing in port coquitlam??

There won't be anything much to target until the white spring and coho start coming back from mid September and into November. The section from Pitt River Road to the upper river gravel pit are usually where people fish. Can't name a spot in a public forum. You just have to explore and walk along the lower river Poco Trail to see where the rods are. By the way, there is no chum retention. Read the quota regulation on other species before heading down.

There won't be anything much to target until the white spring and coho start coming back from mid September and into November. The section from Pitt River Road to the upper river gravel pit are usually where people fish. Can't name a spot in a public forum. You just have to explore and walk along the lower river Poco Trail to see where the rods are. By the way, there is no chum retention. Read the quota regulation on other species before heading down.

I am bemused to read "Can't name a spot in a public forum." Is there a rule here in this forum that you cannot name spots?

People need to realize that the Lower Mainland / Metro Vancouver rivers have been heavily fished by thousands of people (including me) for over 100 years - and so, there are no secret spots left, especially in the Poco area, which is not known for great fishing anyway.

People need to realize that the Lower Mainland / Metro Vancouver rivers have been heavily fished by thousands of people (including me) for over 100 years - and so, there are no secret spots left, especially in the Poco area, which is not known for great fishing anyway.

There are lots of sports in the lower mainland, one I regularly take coho from and their is only a handful of guys that fish it. Had a few days last year where my arms got tired of playing coho.

I don't blame anyone for not giving up a spot close to cities, Someone did on FWR and the next thing you know 30 to 40 guys out working the small system. A lot of the small systems in the lower mainland fish really good after big rain events and then are barren wastelands. Fish all come in a few big pushes after typically a large rain day in october and november.

This type of flashy system behavior typically keeps the masses away they dont no how to time the good fishing.

There are lots of sports in the lower mainland, one I regularly take coho from and their is only a handful of guys that fish it. Had a few days last year where my arms got tired of playing coho.

I don't blame anyone for not giving up a spot close to cities, Someone did on FWR and the next thing you know 30 to 40 guys out working the small system. A lot of the small systems in the lower mainland fish really good after big rain events and then are barren wastelands. Fish all come in a few big pushes after typically a large rain day in october and november.

This type of flashy system behavior typically keeps the masses away they dont no how to time the good fishing.

I stand by my assertion - there are no secret spots left in this area. Yes there may be some spots that are good, depending on weather etc, but they are not secret by any stretch of the imagination. If you fished these spots, so haven't a lot of others before you.

Urban creeks and rivers don’t need anymore pressure than they already have.
Fishingwithrod has shown what the internet has done to small systems.
Once again Capilano is out of touch with the big picture.

Do some walking around figure out a system and respect it. More to fishing than just being directed to a hole.

Last edited:
Capilano...your missing the point.
where do you fish.?

Never mind...i have a hunch

+3 on getting out and exploring. And further, not posting specific spots. I agree, its really not needed. Good places to start are the systems that receive a lot of stocking/support. Vedder, Chehalis, Capilano.

Back the original post, since you say 'Coquitlam', google map and start hiking. Not many options, so its easy to pick some spots and go check it out.

KNOW THE REGS BEFORE YOU GO, and have fun.

Urban creeks and rivers don’t need anymore pressure than they already have.
Fishingwithrod has shown what the internet has done to small systems.
Once again Capilano is out of touch with the big picture.

Nice try on the trolling attempt, Captain Highliner. But of course, in your haste to troll (and very poorly at that), you completely and (or perhaps ignorantly) failed to see that there is nothing in my posts where I once mentioned any secret spot, creek or river to the OP.

ah ...not so quick with your secrete
spots...and thats ok

Last edited:
Seen lots of people fishing the vedder out by chiliwack road. Tried for a few hours,Nothing. I never have luck on rivers. Personally saltwater fishing is much more fun and exciting. Cheers

each fishery has it's own rewards and challenges...is some cases it's purely the journey as steel head fishing is as much about the anticipation and preparation
leading up to the fish to hand.
also there is lots to be said for the physical
workout reward as we reacquaint ourselves with old grounds and possibly
discover new ones...

Back