SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the Canucks called up Schenn today so we now know it's a race to the bottom. Good luck Oiler fans as the #1 is ours so be it.
Hopefully they pair him up with Guddy haha. Tanev is broken but Hughes is supposed to come up in a few weeks.

hes ours , Beat It ;)
have a gd wknd boyzz
happy fam day....
Ok, we give up for now. Oilers 1-7-2 last 10 and now have traded Talbot to Philly for some young goalie named Stolarz. Clearing cap space I presume. Asset management?
Making it very difficult for us "the fog ducker". Enjoy the holiday weekend as well!

Last edited:
Ok, we give up for now. Oilers 1-7-2 last 10 and now have traded Talbot to Philly for some young goalie named Stolarz. Clearing cap space I presume. Asset management?
Making it very difficult for us "the fog ducker". Enjoy the holiday weekend as well!

I don't mind the trade.....I think we may flip him but regardless we have Hartxtall in net now.

most first shot goals allowed in history , flip him for a skate sharpening for Hart ....
Had a great season a couple years ago so you gotta wonder what went on with him. If Oilers bit the bullet and the Canucks relented when Snider was available the Oilers would have been well on their way to some success. But then again MacDavid wouldn't be at their doorstep. You just never know.

Last edited:
Oilers picked up Sam Gagner from the Canucks this morning for Ryan Spooner. Depth move for Utica possibly and JB is familiar with Spooner while in Boston. Not sure why he fell so fast in Edmonton as he was a descent player.
Interesting to whether the Oilers have cap space for Gagner or is there a bigger deal forthcoming from the Oilers with the dead line forthcoming? More fuel for the fire ?

Last edited:
Oilers picked up Sam Gagner from the Canucks this morning for Ryan Spooner. Depth move for Utica possibly and JB is familiar with Spooner while in Boston. Not sure why he fell so fast in Edmonton as he was a descent player.
Interesting to whether the Oilers have cap space for Gagner or is there a bigger deal forthcoming from the Oilers with the dead line forthcoming? More fuel for the fire ?

Blockbuster lol

Hopefully they pair him up with Guddy haha. Tanev is broken but Hughes is supposed to come up in a few weeks.
The Canucks are sending Hughes to Hawaii for a couple of weeks first. Also he can only play 9 games or it will burn up a whole year of his entry level contract

Oh the Oilers will go on a roll now with Gagner on their team...he was sure burning up the AHL :p

The Canucks are sending Hughes to Hawaii for a couple of weeks first. Also he can only play 9 games or it will burn up a whole year of his entry level contract
They burned a year of boesers contract too in the exact same scenario.

Hawks 8-7 over Sens. More defense at an All Star game. Neither keeper made it past the 14 minute mark of the 1st.

That's entertainment, all I can hope for this season.

They burned a year of boesers contract too in the exact same scenario.
They always worry about NCAA players as if they stay in school and graduate they are UFA's so teams often give them more than 9 games to keep them in the fold.

Good night for the Canucks last night if you are hoping for draft position, with NYR, Arizona, and Florida all winning Canucks are back to 25th place. A few more regulation losses and they could challenge for a top 5 pick.

If canucks can get something for Edler and he agrees to waive his NTC. Have to trade him. Can re sign in summer if you love him so much !

If canucks can get something for Edler and he agrees to waive his NTC. Have to trade him. Can re sign in summer if you love him so much !
I’m surprised everyone is still talking about being able to trade elder. We’re talking about a guy that currently has a concussion, has a no trade clause, doesn’t want to leave Vancouver. It’s not gonna happen. I’m sure he’d rather sign for less next year instead of waive the NTC. Social media/radio is blowing up the possibility of a trade but it just isn’t gonna happen in any world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back