Important Chinook Information - Feedback Required

I seen a graph a while ago showing the percentages of chinook taken by the different user groups. Can't find where it was. Seem to recall sport fishing took about 7% of the chinook catch and nets in the river took closer to 50%. Has anyone see this document?

I seen a graph a while ago showing the percentages of chinook taken by the different user groups. Can't find where it was. Seem to recall sport fishing took about 7% of the chinook catch and nets in the river took closer to 50%. Has anyone see this document?

When I sent my letters I included a copy of a scientific report published in "Nature" in Nov. 20, 2017. This comprehensive study covers 40 years of research on the topic at hand. I tried to upload it here, but the file was too large. If anyone is interested you should be able to find the study at www.nature.com/scientific reports.

The title of the study is:
"Competing tradeoffs between increasing marine mammal predation and fisheries harvest of Chinook salmon"

I also forwarded the study to the Governor's office in Washington State and received a personal response from his media person. Nothing like real data to help put a problem in perspective. If you only take the time to read the "Results" section you will come away with a decent appreciation for the history of the issue.

I got the same canned response from DFO that everyone else got.

Just to prove a point someone should submit a letter that has nothing to do with the topic. Make it as bizarre as possible and then see what comes back...just to prove they don't read any of them. Post both the letter and the response here for all of us to see.

Just to prove a point someone should submit a letter that has nothing to do with the topic. Make it as bizarre as possible and then see what comes back...just to prove they don't read any of them. Post both the letter and the response here for all of us to see.
Fill yer boots!! LOL

I recommend in your letters that you close with a request for a personal reply as to the ministers plans so that you can assess and then plan further actions accordingly such as who you might vote for in the upcoming election. I have followed up my letters and canned replies with such a statement. No love yet but I have asked firmly.

SVIAC has just started a petition which I believe Mel Arnold will stand up in the house of commons and speak too. We will have this petition at our both in the Victoria Boat Show and I have distributed forms to Sherwood Marine Centre, SG Power Products, Island Outfitters, Trotac Marine, Capital Iron, (downtown) Peetz Outdoors, Vector Marine and Scotty. I will have them in more locations today and will post them. Here is the petition.

Attachments

• FISHERIES PETITION 19 FEB 2019 SVIAC FINAL2.pdf
    437.5 KB · Views: 46
I had a conversation with him recently where he pulled out the old conservative stance, shouldn’t we just write off these weak stocks so we can fish the stronger stocks and let industry develop? Slimy politicians will always tell you what you want to hear to get back into power. Politicians should be judged by what they do while in power, not what they promise when out of it ... and we all know what the conservatives did to tear up protections for our fishery resource and their efforts to commoditize the west coast fishery in favour of the commercial sector.

Be careful who you get into bed with, particularly the likes of Arnold!!!

Cheers!

Ukee

Well aware and agree with what you say. We are just using his position to get this petition on the floor of the house of commons.

Liberals are better for the enviorment and salmon but they would give the public fishery to the commercial First Nations sector if they could.

It’s kinda a ****** choice

FN0150-COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Release of Draft 2019/20 Northern and Southern BC Salmon IFMPs for Consultation

Ops Centre Fishery PAC / Centre des peches du Pacifique (DFO/MPO) <DFO.OpsCentreFisheryPacific-CentreOpsPechePacifique.MPO@canada.ca>
4:18 PM (25 Feb 2019)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Category(s):
Licensing Information,
ABORIGINAL - General Information,
COMMERCIAL - General Information,
COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Gill Net,
COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Seine,
COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Troll,
RECREATIONAL - Salmon

Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Subject: FN0150-COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Release of Draft 2019/20 Northern and Southern BC Salmon IFMPs for Consultation

The Department has released the 2019/20 draft Northern and Southern BC Salmon
Integrated Fishery Management Plans (IFMPs) for comment.

Deadline for submission of comments is April 8, 2019.

To obtain an electronic copy for review, please click the link below:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/szdnyx8ui3a891l/AAD111_a8wsfyk0BUicKD_Pga?dl=0

The draft IFMPs set out the policy framework that guides decision making,
general objectives relating to management of stocks of concern, enhancement and
enforcement, as well as decision guidelines for a range of fisheries.

Section 13 of the IFMPs outline the Species Specific Fishing Plans, which
describe fisheries plans for each of the salmon species and the management
units and major fishery areas for each species. This section includes the
relevant information on management approach, decision guidelines and specific
management measures, as well as, information related to First Nations,
commercial and recreational fishing plans for each fishery.

During March and April, the Department will be meeting with First Nations and
recreational, commercial and environmental groups to seek further feedback on
the draft IFMPs as part of the IFMP consultation process.

Comments may be provided in writing via email to the DFO Pacific Salmon
Management Team at
DFO.PacificSalmonRMT-EGRSaumonduPacifique.MPO@dfo-mpo.gc.ca

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

DFO Pacific Salmon Management Team
DFO.PacificSalmonRMT-EGRSaumonduPacifique.MPO@dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Fisheries and Oceans Canada Operations Center - FN0150
Sent February 25, 2019 at 16:14
Visit us on the Web at http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

If you would like to unsubscribe, please submit your request at: http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=manage_subscription

If you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail to: DFO.OpsCentreFisheryPacific-CentreOpsPechePacifique.MPO@canada.ca

I hope sfab and all the other organizations involved in this are pushing for science and not politics to be used. Ex. Area 12 being included when the numbers show (from what I’ve been told) there are barely any Fraser Chinook caught in the area. Therefore no reason to include it in the recommendations as will not have any positive effect.

I hope sfab and all the other organizations involved in this are pushing for science and not politics to be used. Ex. Area 12 being included when the numbers show (from what I’ve been told) there are barely any Fraser Chinook caught in the area. Therefore no reason to include it in the recommendations as will not have any positive effect.

Makes no sense to include area 12

... Ex. Area 12 being included when the numbers show (from what I’ve been told) there are barely any Fraser Chinook caught in the area. Therefore no reason to include it in the recommendations as will not have any positive effect.

Don't hold your breath.
Near two decades of DNA and tagged fish recaptures from Area G PROVE their catch is 95% plus US origin.
Off the water until August.
Quota slashed to 8K pieces.
Due to "concerns with Fraser River Stocks Of Concern".
All LIES!

Their Agenda is set.
Wishing the Best of Luck for all in this swamp!!

Nog

Don't hold your breath.
Near two decades of DNA and tagged fish recaptures from Area G PROVE their catch is 95% plus US origin.
Off the water until August.
Quota slashed to 8K pieces.
Due to "concerns with Fraser River Stocks Of Concern".
All LIES!

Their Agenda is set.
Wishing the Best of Luck for all in this swamp!!

Nog

Do you have the DNA for the area F troll?

Back