SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't help when the teams doesn't show up...or perhaps just how valuable Markstrom has been this year ...

Last edited:
doesn't help when the teams doesn't show up...or perhaps just how valuable Markstrom has been this year ...
Agree, DiPietro was shellshocked with defensive blunders and hopefully this doesn't set him back a few years. Should not have been put in that situation and the team failed him miserably. Green probably had no choice so this one is on JB. He looked small in the net (6' 200 lbs) and a lot of the net was showing but maybe that's because Markstrom is so big. I was hoping he eventually becomes a mini Quick out of LA.Who knows but in the meantime JB traded a 2020 7th round pick to NYR today for some goalie named Marek Mazanec. I guess Phillies McKenna wasn't going on waivers anytime soon. Poor asset management on JB's part as I see it.

Last edited:
Interesting comment as I would bet my house on that. Since you don't bet and have chosen not back up your comment with your reason why, I think in my opinion your trying to take this lighthearted post to another level.
No, as the Canucks improve the weaker players get weeded out,simple fact.

After winning 7 in a row, the Hawks played a team that is actually good and got whipped 6-3 by the Bruins. If the Chi town boys get in they will be gone in 4. Fun watching them win but it's not like they are a good squad.

After winning 7 in a row, the Hawks played a team that is actually good and got whipped 6-3 by the Bruins. If the Chi town boys get in they will be gone in 4. Fun watching them win but it's not like they are a good squad.
Hawks and Habs, best looking jersey's in the league, no question.

Canucks should have won last night, but got shut out by a hot goalie. Usually its been the Canucks winning when they didn't deserve to because of Markstrom, so I guess these things even out. Canucks need a few more losses in a row to fall back in position to at least be in a top 10 draft position, and have some miniscule hope at winning the Hughes lottery. Losing in regulation in LA tonight and SJ Saturday would be a good start!

Maybe if we actually get a 1st round for once i could tell u :) :) but I'm very happy with the teams effort and how they played this year :)

never said we deserve it , but we will take it grasshopper , we only have 3 forwards left lol
hopefully our pick comes with complete new management top to bottom ,
we are the laughing stock for sure... hows your team doing ??

My team needs to take a few lessons on how to tank from your team. Good think they are starting to figure it out the last few games. You are right about being a laughing stock. Reminds me of the sabers and islanders before. I do hope they figure it out though and agree everyone needs to be let go. They need new scouts and everything else all the way up the ladder as it wasnt only the gm involved in those bad decisions on personnel.

Maybe if we actually get a 1st round for once i could tell u :) :) but I'm very happy with the teams effort and how they played this year :)
Here's hoping for the 1st. It is so evident that the Canucks lack the depth to compete when injuries expose their many weaknesses. A huge need as always for a PP quarterback. With Edler out and Tanev sustaining some sort of leg injury last night it's onward and downward. Look out Oilers here we come.
Like the push back from Leivo and Gudbranson particularly for that not on purpose Getzlaf blind side hit on Virtanen. Overall team effort I was ok with. Maybe it's time to rid the players that consistently can't get more than 1/2 season in. IE: Sutter JB's boy, Tanev who I like but maybe it's time to get it done.

My team needs to take a few lessons on how to tank from your team. Good think they are starting to figure it out the last few games. You are right about being a laughing stock. Reminds me of the sabers and islanders before. I do hope they figure it out though and agree everyone needs to be let go. They need new scouts and everything else all the way up the ladder as it wasnt only the gm involved in those bad decisions on personnel.

Your a genious Kev , you should apply for management , take your Vancouver Canucks success model with you !! We could use a good riot in Edmonton , it’s been a few years since we’ve seen burning police cars , sounds like a blast , We could use all the help we can get .... TANK BABY TANK

How could you burn anything in Edmonton its to damn cold anyways. On the bright side its an easy way to stay warm. Its ok i'll leave that job for you as your more dialed in with your team. there is always next year bud lol

Gutsy win last night. Back to back with a depleted lineup. Got a like it with 5 regulars out with injuries
Or is Willies LA team that bad. Markstrom again strong in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back