2019 Sidney Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Stizzla, it's been almost a month into the new year and you haven't lost any cannonballs! :p
My kicker's being repaired this week, so hopefully I can be out this weekend.
Where were you catching them at Wain? It's one area that I've had ZERO success

@Stizzla, it's been almost a month into the new year and you haven't lost any cannonballs! :p
My kicker's being repaired this week, so hopefully I can be out this weekend.
Where were you catching them at Wain? It's one area that I've had ZERO success
I’m over 6 months without losing one. But now I’m jinxed big time!
We worked the corner over some pinnacles and out past the marker. Always on the bottom.80-110 for the most part. Lots of ups and downs there so it’s important to follow the chart and the the riggers moving!

Tried my luck at the Powder wharf this morning. Got a couple of small guys that I released and figured I’d move on in search of a keeper off Hamley. Pretty rough on that side of Sidney Island so I decided to try Fairfax. Got there in the late morning and it was calm and sunny. No fish but a nice day for a cruise! Best part is its still January and we get days like this!

Have you ever worked a calm Wednesday morning and said “EFF IT” and then got in a boat and fished?
That was me and Nolan today. Tried a few laps at fairfax and hit a couple of just unders. So we packed up and tried coal for a bit and hit a fiesty 8 pounder. She was unclipped and had a couple of sandlance and a smaller anchovy in the belly. Another great day!!! No bananas for me. I saw @advTHXance oit there. I’m sure he beat me again in an unofficial 2 boat derby.
Stizz Islander.jpg
D0DDC42A-17DA-4BAA-9950-8218934A0B3F.jpeg

Last edited:
We're all winners fishing on a beautiful Wednesday morning, Stizzla!

(caught a 10lb hatch on an AP sandlance at 180' at Fairfax)
((also caught a 10" herring on the same lure!))
My bank account isn’t winning.

Look at me go! 3 times in a week. Another glassy calm day on the water today. Just a couple of hours solo near the powder wharf. Went 5 for 5 including 2 double headers, but all just under for Sidney standards.
Boat ran great. I love fishing!!!
20609838-52E4-4951-9B01-48946FB473EC.jpeg

Snow finally melted enough to get the boat out of the driveway today. 8 bites at Fairfax, released a 7-8lb fish and kept a very long, but somewhat skinny 10lber. Rest were just under. Beauty day out there, but as soon as that sun starts to set you remember it's winter time!

Finally some nicer weather!! Fished Coal for an hour or so this morning, released 4 unders and kept a 6.5lber. Moved on to Fairfax, south side of Gooch outside the RCA, Hamley, and Sidney Channel to give the jacks a break which was obviously the wrong move as evidenced by Nolans post! Had a couple more unders in the channel before the tide started to rip. All the action close to the bottom on AP sandlance and AP herring spoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back