SCAM BEWARE

Interesting. So is the return address a postal box? It should not be difficult for the authorities to track them down with the postal address.

hmmm , taking about envelops , wonder if my dog could help out. lol,jk but they do deserve that type of responses. Dirt bags

A most convincing voice called the other day for my gal from RevCan and I took the call. I had heard about a phone scam from RevCan so I flat out challenged the guy .... he said he "understood" our position and would send a registered letter. That was months ago. I can really see how a senior or any trusting person (my gal) could get financially damaged by the skill of these scammers. Apparently the loss nationally is about 100 million... incredible. Have a senior in your family or overly trusting person? Talk to them and tell them you will follow up on any mailings or phone calls because this crap for real and I doubt there is any kind of serious penalty under our lax Canadian laws for this crime.

A most convincing voice called the other day for my gal from RevCan and I took the call. I had heard about a phone scam from RevCan so I flat out challenged the guy .... he said he "understood" our position and would send a registered letter. That was months ago. I can really see how a senior or any trusting person (my gal) could get financially damaged by the skill of these scammers. Apparently the loss nationally is about 100 million... incredible. Have a senior in your family or overly trusting person? Talk to them and tell them you will follow up on any mailings or phone calls because this crap for real and I doubt there is any kind of serious penalty under our lax Canadian laws for this crime.

A hand held Air horn BLAST in the right ear I heard really effects their ability to make another call for a bit

These scams are so transparent to folks who are on the ball, but old folks & people who are generally honest, trusting & unaware of how vicious these perpetrators are, can be hurt badly. I really hate these assholes! They heartlessly prey on the weak & uninformed. Mostly, people who can least afford to fork out money to criminals.
This letter is a new level of sophistication, but... ANY time you are contacted by RevCan, they already know your SIN # and it is clearly typed into the box with your name and address. If your SIN # is not in the header, it is a scam! Period.
Same with the phone scam. Last time I received one of these calls, I asked the guy to read out my SIN#, to prove they were legitimate.... Long pause & some obvious ******** followed.
I don't normally use foul language on the forum, but these guys really get my goat.
Rant over, but my blood is still boiling.
Thanks for posting SIR. The word needs to be spread on this one.

P.S. Anyone receiving this kind of letter should take it to the RCMP. They can, at least, check it for fingerprints and add the info to their database.

Last edited:
A few months ago, these “CRA” folks called my cell and made the mistake of leaving a call back number. Big mistake!

I prank called those idiots all day. We had a blast in my office calling these goofs using the speaker phone. I would call the # they left and they would ask for my case #. I would say I couldn’t understand the # on the message they left me, so they would ask my name and go look me up.

I called back as Bobs bait and tackle, Jackie’s sex shop, Mike Hunt, gary delabousy, the zoo(complete with animal noises), an insane asylum(my coworkers chimed in), Barry schmelly, Ben Dover and so on!!! I bet we called those goofs 50-60 times before the number went out of service.

I’ve been waiting for them to call back. Next time, the number goes on Facebook with a call to all my friends to harass these aholes.

The longer we screw them around, the less chance they have to rip off our seniors!!

A few months ago, these “CRA” folks called my cell and made the mistake of leaving a call back number. Big mistake!

I prank called those idiots all day. We had a blast in my office calling these goofs using the speaker phone. I would call the # they left and they would ask for my case #. I would say I couldn’t understand the # on the message they left me, so they would ask my name and go look me up.

I called back as Bobs bait and tackle, Jackie’s sex shop, Mike Hunt, gary delabousy, the zoo(complete with animal noises), an insane asylum(my coworkers chimed in), Barry schmelly, Ben Dover and so on!!! I bet we called those goofs 50-60 times before the number went out of service.

I’ve been waiting for them to call back. Next time, the number goes on Facebook with a call to all my friends to harass these aholes.

The longer we screw them around, the less chance they have to rip off our seniors!!

Thats great ! But I would have been a bit leery calling that number because it could have been one of those cash calls and it bills you 1500 bucks a call lol. But, nice to see you were able to give them a bit of their own medicine....

I and my family make it a habit of not answering any calls that we don't recognize the name or number through caller Id. Saves a lot of headaches. If I don't recognize the name or number calling and if it isn't important enough for the caller to leave a message we don't return the call. I have a phone that allows any number that calls I can block by pressing a button. So if they call, I don't recognize the number and they don't leave a message it usually gets blocked. Just too many people looking for money, scams, etc this day and age to waste time with...

Back