New to me Boat!

Thanks! The tender is actually making an appearance in Wooden Boat magazine early next year...in a very small section but I'm still kind of proud.

I'm currently looking for space for another...thread topic. The next one won't fit in an apartment.

Please post up the Wooden Boat article when it's available!

Happy New Year everyone!

Back from holidays and back to work on the boat. I got the point 1 antenna mounted on the roof and that meant I could start tackling the head liner. There was plastic tracking mounted to the ceiling that the old head liner clipped into but for the life of me I could not get the new head liner to fit in. So I pulled out all the plastic and stapled the new head liner in place. Then I ran wood strips to cover up the staples and seams. I think it tuned out pretty good for my first attempt at installing a head liner!

I’ve also been tinkering with a few electrical issues. I had to install a diode for the all around light to work independently of the nav lights so I could keep the rocker switches that came with the boat. Also went through both GPS’s and think I have them all sorted out and communicating properly.

1C2DC024-AA8B-49B8-BDE3-6D993EE8C6B6.jpeg 99231848-56ED-498C-99A9-600D1AE93D02.jpeg

Looking awesome! I’m having a cleaning station like that on top of the fish box but not nearly so shiny!!! Lol. Looking forward to seeing the power mounted.

@ExFlyGuy - what is the plan for covering the DC bus bar and accessories up on the transom wall, under the cleaning table? I impinge you want something there so it doesn't get blasted with salt water spray?

@ExFlyGuy - what is the plan for covering the DC bus bar and accessories up on the transom wall, under the cleaning table? I impinge you want something there so it doesn't get blasted with salt water spray?

The original plan was to have a cover that went from the floor to the top of the transom. Since the batteries are too big to accommodate I will be doing something like the drawing below. It will be made from resin coated plywood and painted to match the boat. There will be three access panels to allow access on the water but the whole thing will be removable. I kind of like being able to put my feet in there when I’m working the riggers or at the cleaning station so not having it down to the floor isn’t a big deal to me.

I have the plywood in the garage so I will try and get started on it this weekend.

6BE2CF53-AB1D-49E2-842F-AD4051EA1A15.jpeg

Reactions: BCI
How much further forward of the stern do the batteries go? I wonder if you could conceal the batteries with some sort of step to help getting onto the pod, but would also have a toe grab at the port, starboard, and center for locking in while at the back. Tough to tell in that photo if that would work.

It would look so clean if you couldn't see any wires or batteries back there. It's hard for me to explain what I would envision to close that area off.

I won't mention relocating batteries up front...

So I had a busy weekend!

I got after the splash cover for the transom. I really liked @Normfish idea of a snap in cover so in the future I think that’s the way I will go. But for now I had some plywood and am getting a little tired of bleeding money so I fabed this up. I cheated and didn’t resin coat it first but I plan on changing it out in the next season or two.

I finished up this fish bonker. I put a piece of Japanese maple in the garage from the back yard a couple years ago. It seasoned up nice and had no visible cracks so I stripped the bark and sanded it down and gave it three coats of tung nut butter.

And to top that all off I was working in the boat Thursday night and at about 8pm Canada post showed up with my diesel heater. After spending a bit of time on line researching these Chinese heaters I decided I would give one a go. They seem to be getting very good reviews and for $200 it fit in my budget. Just waiting for the thru hull and the install will be complete. I did vent it outside the boat and gave it a test run and all systems are operational!

1F316C2B-4772-4CEB-96BB-D452504A17D9.jpeg 515BED43-C5AD-4B6A-8E12-44255602B809.jpeg 185DA705-09C7-4FCC-B88B-867F0B285FC2.jpeg 908788D0-0041-42AC-9D23-80F35052B403.jpeg

Looks good! Are you going to run diesel all the time in the heater. I’m having an Espar in the new boat and have been reading the pros and cons of diesel vs Kerosene. Hurry up and get it in the water! Lol

Looks good! Are you going to run diesel all the time in the heater. I’m having an Espar in the new boat and have been reading the pros and cons of diesel vs Kerosene. Hurry up and get it in the water! Lol

I went with kerosene for the first tank. I guess I will have to do some of my own research but it sounds like most guys are running kerosene.

Back