This is frightening

It's more dangerous to share the road with people drinking and doing drugs. Anything that makes it easier for cops to do there job I am all for it. Again I think the most outspoken have something to hide.

I lost lots of friends to this so I am not sympethetic.

Carry on...

Yup been on the hurting end myself ...... well said SpringVelocity , what ever it takes to makes the roads, water way, air way safer .. I really don't give a damn if any ones ego is offended , to enable police to catch these idiots and save lives !!

Yup been on the hurting end myself ...... well said SpringVelocity , what ever it takes to makes the roads, water way, air way safer .. I really don't give a damn if any ones ego is offended , to enable police to catch these idiots and save lives !!
I have absolutely no sympathy for those who either drink and drive, be it a boat or a car! I however take exception to any vague law that says you cannot drink in your own home, if you have previously operated a boat or a car within the last two hours. Essentially that’s what this law is saying, it’s not saying you had alcohol in your system when driving, it’s saying that up to two hours after you’ve driven, you must abide by impaired driving rules, why? It’s wide open for abuse! No requirement for just cause, simply a decision at the discretion of the authorities to enter your home, based on the fact you may have driven two hours ago?

Anytime the authorities demand entry into our homes I think we need to be on our guard. There is good reason for example, why a search warrant is required, although if it were not, it to would enable police to catch many idiots. I believe we need to give police the tools to do their jobs, but I also believe the public must give them clear rules on what measure they are permitted to take in doing their job. It needs to be a balance between our legal rights and freedom against their authority ( granted by us) to enforce law.

To my mind this goes beyond taking idiots off the road and water! It is an abdication of our freedom in order to allow the police to collect evidence or more worrisome,fish for some perhaps tainted evidence? I would hope the courts will rule on this and deem that in order to enter someone’s house and demand a breath sample, there has to be reasonable cause to do so. This goes beyond catching idiots and anyone’s ego, if in fact is upheld by the courts, it sets a very serious precedent.

What has society become sheesh..... what a waste of resources and time..... go catch the real criminals..... I can’t even believe this is a thought or proposal what a infringement on a persons rights.....good luck on getting through my door!!!

This is NOT #FakeNews
50053149_2299818306962933_8109729945200099328_n.png

Interview piece on CTV ...

That seinor has or had open alcohol containers in a vehicle.In some places in canada your liquer upon purchase must be in a bag with reciept untill you get home.

I don’t drink and I still think this is wrong in every way. They will keep picking away at our rights and freedoms. Next will be pulling you over for random check, then random searches of your car, your house, you will need to surrender all weapons, it will never stop.
Death by a thousand cuts

lots of forms of impairment while opperating vehicles .If if the police can take you from anyplace anytime to copshop or hospital to have you tested for impairment they might find reasonable cause to diminish your lifestye.

Don't worry your rights are well protected,

Had my truck window smash and the guy broke in a bleed all over the inside of my truck. Phoned and reported it, copes told me that that they don't tale DNA evidences because its inadmissible because my truck was not in a locked compound that any one could of came along and bled on the inside of it. That it does not connect them to the crime in any way. That's how the courts see it.

Stuff like that is also true for illegal fish sales. DFO has to prove something called continuity, IE they have to see the person catch the fish, Then they have to see the person sell that same fish. Illegal fish sales are almost impossible to prove in the courts.

Most of the Rights we have also allow criminals to get away with crimes but its a pretty big balance act... Between protection someones rights and protecting criminals.

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say," - Ed Snowden

Does this quote help you at all?

Why do you care if you have nothing to hide? This thread is bizarre! Rights and freedoms what a joke. It is not even a big deal.

Lets all defend drunk divers awesome.

Why do you care if you have nothing to hide? This thread is bizarre! Rights and freedoms what a joke. It is not even a big deal.

Lets all defend drunk divers awesome.

This isn't about drunk driving. Its about the ability for the police to come to your home and demand a breath sample when you aren't even operating a vehicle.

Back