Opus Navis/Skagit Orca build thread

BigReel

Seems like everyone appreciates a good build thread so I'm posting up about a recent project I picked up. The boat was a work/dive boat and has some miles on her but I plan to bring the Orca back to life.

The boat as it sits now is in rough shape. Has only a throttle and motor installed and bench style interior.

Here is a pic of the day I picked it up.

20181205_125811-1.jpg

I've started acquiring some parts.

Hds12 Gen3
Lowrance Auto Pilot
Airmar P66

20181216_202853.jpeg

Picking up some shockwave seats tomorrow and a 15hp pro kicker. Still need a ton of parts and pieces from trailer bearings to radar. But this should get the thread rolling. Might be a slow start with the holidays but santa might bust out the visa and make some good buys. If you see any deals or have any suggestions about who to use or what to do with the boat feel free to post it up.

BigReel

Build threads get alot of love around here. How bout some pics of the beat up interior? Do you have plans to repaint? Is this the boat with the water logged foam?

You plan on selling it?

This is my 12th boat in 5 years so.........talk to me in august lol.

Build threads get alot of love around here. How bout some pics of the beat up interior? Do you have plans to repaint? Is this the boat with the water logged foam?

I'll put some more pics up tomorrow after I hang the kicker and get the seats. I don't think I'll paint but I have considered a wrap on the hull. Will be repairing any rash or dock marks or random holes. Yes it is that boat will get repaired. They said it ran heavy but maybe it had something to do with the 1000 liters of water I found inside the pod when I pulled in my driveway...

]thanks for posting this!
pissed i wasnt quicker to email lol.
Your not the only one,I missed out too.

Here is a couple pics of the interior attached.

And I managed to get the kicker home today. Parts needed list continues to grow.

PhotoGrid_1545094588900.jpg

Attachments

• 20181217_155642.jpg
    20181217_155642.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 20181217_155658.jpg
    20181217_155658.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 174
Interested - Was looking at this myself but the 70+ LPH at full throttle scared me away! Be curious what your fuel burn will be once your done.

Back