Here goes nothing

So made a little head way tonight, I got the other side all tacked in place and the transom tacked in also. Then I flipped it over and tacked the sides to the seats, the seats act as the frames in this boat, so I had to clamp and pull the sides in tight to them, then tack weld for now, I need to fill the seats with foam, does anybody know where to get closed cell floatation foam, I think you can get a two part expanding foam from industrial plastic, but was hoping not to go that route, I still need to remove the seats to weld out the inside of the boat, so I was thinking of sliding some in, when I reinstall the seats? Thoughts ?

Attachments

• BDCF8C12-901D-44B0-99C5-E2685DF19561.jpeg
    BDCF8C12-901D-44B0-99C5-E2685DF19561.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 4CA94026-284D-44DB-A086-75A744484697.jpeg
    4CA94026-284D-44DB-A086-75A744484697.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 46BC09C6-945C-459E-A3DE-98133FC75257.jpeg
    46BC09C6-945C-459E-A3DE-98133FC75257.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 227
A couple of points to consider....
Run tubing channels through the seats for running wires...fuel lines on the sides and
One half channel on bottom for drain s
Once all welded up in place drill holes with hole saw in back side of either end
To fill with closed cell foam...
Also consider backing up stress points with extra material to reinforce corners
And cleats...anchor rollers etc

What about sealing up the seat boxes when complete and making them the flotation instead of foam. Is it possible?

Oly

What about sealing up the seat boxes when complete and making them the flotation instead of foam. Is it possible?

Oly

They would have had to have a bottom to seal them up . No way to seal them up and allow water to pass now they are installed.

A couple of points to consider....
Run tubing channels through the seats for running wires...fuel lines on the sides and
One half channel on bottom for drain s
Once all welded up in place drill holes with hole saw in back side of either end
To fill with closed cell foam...
Also consider backing up stress points with extra material to reinforce corners
And cleats...anchor rollers etc

Good points, not sure if i'm going to run power forward for a bow light, but yes i think i'll run a tube thru the seats somewhere so i could run wire/ fuel lines forward.
I don't want to use the two part foam as under the seats aren't sealed to inside of the boat, so it could leak out. I found some styrofoam block that i'm going to use under the seats, should
work perfect and the price is right !!!

I had the parts water jet cut at Titan boats in Sidney, i think there the only ones with a large table on the island. I think a lot of builders have their boats router cut at CJM Technolglies in Delta.

so cope just sends the plans? i thought the package could be bought pre-cut?

Cope will send the cut file to the cut shop of your choosing for cutting/forming.
Then send you the construction drawings and jig plans(if applicable).

You pay Cope for the design and pay the cut shop separate.

Yes, what he said !!!!!

I can barely cope with how nice that boat is looking! Are you working on it some more this weekend? Let get some update pics happening!

Back