I am out!!

Old habits! First thing I did after poring coffee was open this up. After reading this thread I would like to apologize to the site admin/owners.

Despite the way I started my post, I did not mean it to be an attack against the site. I too have learned much and gotten to know good people from this forum.
This is a personal thing and I am not too proud to admit that I should not have turned my current inability to separate the positive from the neg into a blanket opinion of this forum.

Take care everyone hope to see some of
You on the water next season!

Old habits! First thing I did after poring coffee was open this up. After reading this thread I would like to apologize to the site admin/owners.

Despite the way I started my post, I did not mean it to be an attack against the site. I too have learned much and gotten to know good people from this forum.
This is a personal thing and I am not too proud to admit that I should not have turned my current inability to separate the positive from the neg into a blanket opinion of this forum.

Take care everyone hope to see some of
You on the water next season!

Yea we all become frustrated with some of the on line forums. This one is pretty civil compared to others in the US. I rarely post on most as just about everything turns into a field fertilizing contest. I go to fishing sites to discuss fishing, not political BS and one upmanship contests.

I can understand your frustration, I feel the same way sometimes. Now I no longer read the postings that turn into dung flung stories, in particular fish farms, referendum issues and the like. I love the actual fishing and boating stories and learn a lot of things. Once the topic turns into a polarized argument, that's it for me. There are lots of good threads and excellent participants on here though. IMHO moderators need to be quicker on the trigger at shutting down threads and suspending members who go over the line.

I agree. I am quick on the keyboard to put offenders on my ignore list. I am here for fishing!

I'm new to this site this year, joining back in January. Although I don't post or contribute to some of hot topics on regulations changes, closures and what have you, I do read them I sometimes feel I don't have much to contribute, more for me, I am trying to learn what is going on. I'm finding it quite educational. It may seem like recycled crap or negativity to some of you, but for new people joining in on the site, there is a lot to learn or lots to consider. I just skim past the personal attacks. That's not my thing, but doesn't seem to matter where you go on social media, each place has there share.
I enjoy the personal fishing stories here more than anything, and I do contribute some of my own. I may not be an expert fisherman, but I am experienced, having fished salmon on the west coast for twenty plus years. This site has given me many new ideas to try, curiousity to venture out to new places and the chance to share what has worked for me when I go out fishing. That's what keeps me coming back. I've always found personally that politics and social media is generally not a good mix, mainly because there are to many opinions, rather than just one common opinion. I don't know you Jencourt, but if you are finding it stressful to be here, quitting may not be the answer as much as maybe taking a time out. Sometimes a little break is all it takes to settle the soul. Seems to me that losing someone will your knowledge doesn't do anyone any good.

I agree with what you are saying. It has been hard with a select group who has never posted a single post regarding fishing. They only post to argue & push their belief's down folks throats. I am the first to admit its easy for me to take the bait, but have been trying to avoid the conversations that can not be won. Fishing should be a place where political right or left shouldn't matter. Its the love of the sport. Those people who only come on the site to post on politics should be blocked by everyone. They have nothing to contribute to what this site is intended for.

I am thankful for what I have learnt on this site & believe in what it was intended to do.

Last edited:
This site, compared to some, has grown a TREMENDOUS amount since it’s Wild West days of the early 2000s. Kudos to the all members and to the owners and Admin for this great accomplishment. Yes we have lost members to posting, but many of them have made connections with other members and still stay in contact with them behind the scenes.

I hear your sentiments I too post very often as some arm chair fisherman with a few years giving bad advice , and when you call him on it, the thread goes downhill fast . Ive taken the high road as well . I think this site is great just a few very bad apples who id love to see them talk trash to my face in person , As i feel if you wont say something to there face in person why say it at all.
To all that continue to carry on, i will chime in from now and then.

Good luck Jen

Wolf

[QUOTE="ILHG, post: 904199, member: 9532" It has been hard with a select group who has never posted a single post regarding fishing. They only post to argue & push their belief's down folks throats. I am the first to admit its easy for me to take the bait, but have been trying to avoid the conversations that can not be won. Fishing should be a place where political right or left shouldn't matter. Its the love of the sport. Those people who only come on the site to post on politics should be blocked by everyone. They have nothing to contribute to what this site is intended for.
I am thankful for what I have learnt on this site & believe in what it was intended to do.[/QUOTE]

Since Fish Farm posts has been suspended, "Bones" has not made one post that I can find.
He was always baiting the discussion!!
He wins. Fish Farm posts were banned.
Kill the anti Fish Farm news was always his goal.
Hopefully Fish Farm News will be allowed again sometime soon!
Posts of news both in favor and apposed are good information and if you are not interested, no need to open the Thread.
If some members get a little worked up, you gota understand it is an emotional subject.
It's too important to just ignore the news.
Gota say it and if it gets me kick off...so be it.

Two brothers move to a new town and head off to town for a walk ,a short way into the walk they seperate and one brother heads up town and the other brother heads downtown.The brother heading uptown comes across a elder man and said ,"i am new to town and asked him ,what are the people like in your town"? .the elder man replys,"there normal people" ,and asks the first brother" what are the people like form where your from"?the brother replys .there full of negitivity and and not very friendly.the elder man replys ,some people are the same here .they parted and the elder man headed downtown, when he came across the second brother.The second brother appoched the eleder man .and said ,"I and new to town and I ask what are the people like in your town.the elder man replys ' what are the people like from where your from?.the second brother replys "there great and i have many friends they say hi to one another"the eler man says you will find some of the people the same here" .,and the elder man and the second brother headed downtown together.

Still lots of good stuff here. I’ve been here since 2003 and have met a lot of good people, some are good buddies. Still meeting good people.

When I joined, this was the penal colony of fishing forums. When you got banned everywhere else, you came here. LOL Was a tough crowd back in the day. Nothing like now, not even close. Not many of us left from those days.

When I joined, this was the penal colony of fishing forums. When you got banned everywhere else, you came here. LOL Was a tough crowd back in the day. Nothing like now, not even close. Not many of us left from those days.
Now that's Funny, but very true

Last edited:
Some times you have to step away.

We've all been there (even if not everyone has recognized it)

Good luck hope you're able to come back to find parts of the site worth reading/participating in.

There is good and bad in any situation, life , work, family, fishing forums.........

The secret is to take in all the good and remember it. See or hear the bad, and then forget about it and move on.
Lots of great people and information on here, I would not go anywhere.

Since Fish Farm posts has been suspended, "Bones" has not made one post that I can find.
He was always baiting the discussion!!
He wins. Fish Farm posts were banned.
Kill the anti Fish Farm news was always his goal.
Hopefully Fish Farm News will be allowed again sometime soon!
Posts of news both in favor and apposed are good information and if you are not interested, no need to open the Thread.
If some members get a little worked up, you gota understand it is an emotional subject.
It's too important to just ignore the news.
Gota say it and if it gets me kick off...so be it.

Just a quick FYI: You always assume an outcome that suits your narrative. In this case you claim bones has not posted since the FF ban. You are so blinded by your beliefs that you consistently fail to step out of your bias, apply a certain level of personal responsibility, and consider other possibilities. You just cant seem to do it. I do think you do try sometimes and that's something however in this case you are very wrong and following your usual narrative. I have seen you admit you are wrong before so there is hope. Crap, maybe I am missing something here. I dont know. this is what I see now.

Bones was banned this is why he has gone silent. I know bones is disappointed the the thread is banned. If you want the FF threads up and running again why dont you get all the FF participants together, show some dam unity, establish some solid boundary's and I bet the admin would be glad to accommodate us. This forum is a business don't forget and the FF threads are huge draw I believe. But if the juice isn't worth the squeeze then it wont happen.
I do not like to see this forum go under the general banner of sigh,"the internet" as it has been pointed out. People have to post responsibly. When people dont the forums suck. The above is a premium example, thanks FI. There is Far too
much us and them on this forum.

Always good to take a break once and a while.

@Admin
I think it would be fantastic if the admin started a thread for everyone where an open discussion could be had about where the forum has been where it is now and where it should be headed or what changes should be made. It would be great feedback for them and it would be a great contribution to the public service portion of their website.

Last edited:
I am a newbie on this site - spent a few months lurking around and really enjoyed the threads before officially signing up. I have now posted a couple of times, but I have to reiterate as a few others have stated this is a site that the members hold a wealth of knowledge and seem to be happy to pass it on. I really appreciate that. I don't know how many woman are on this site actively posting. I have only taken on fishing/boating about the last five years though my husband has years of fishing experience, worked on tugs and in the past was an owner operator of a water taxi business. I pick his brain when we are out on the water to learn as much as I can, but I really enjoy reading all of this information you all post. It has made for a few good dinner conversations with me starting with "you should read this thread on the site......this person suggests this and this person suggests that" Great advice!!!! So, from a new member - thank you everyone for contributing.

I haven't been long on this forum and it's changed the way i do things a lot like huge out look, yes changed my life!
i will come in and out have a routine of things to check, i'm not a politics guy so never see me there, try to give this
forum as much positive as i can.. cheesy but life is too short to stress out.
True about the stress but if the politics aren't taken head on then your fishing opportunities may be severely limited

Jencourt, Wish you didn't have to go! You are one of the more upstanding contributors to this site. Maybe just take a break for a while.

I personally joined this site a few years ago from necessity. People were soliciting negativity and hatred towards my occupation so they needed to be confronted. That got me on here. The entertainment of it all keeps me coming back for more though. I'm not much of a social butterfly and am very picky as to who I hang or fish with, [unless they are paying me of course]. I must say this site has some really good people on it. Those of you that post stories, share helpful information with others and fight the good fight are special. I wish I could contribute more. My life is very busy so I more just read. Ray I will miss your posts.
Something that I do find annoying about this site is the ability for members to be anonymous. It's not exactly a round table discussion when contributors can talk smack with out consequence to there person behind the scene. If it was necessary for posters to be a real person rather than some alias it would clean the site up a lot!
Ray, hope to see you back when your head is into it.

True about the stress but if the politics aren't taken head on then your fishing opportunities may be severely limited
And thank you guys for doing that i wish i could contribute in discussions, i just don't have the knowledge you guys have, i look up to
you guys that have been on here for a long time, doing a great job.

Last edited:
Back