WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

Ever build a house for them and then the next 6 month they cook fish soup and then come after you to warranty all the items....
I don't work for those people thank god. They think I'm too expensive :rolleyes:

I might have to set up a few viewings on the island. There's another 2012 cutwater to start with.
Your more than welcome to come and have a look at my 270 Mackinaw if you make it over to the island. It's 30 minutes south of Nanaimo, warm and dry in it's shed.

Your more than welcome to come and have a look at my 270 Mackinaw if you make it over to the island. It's 30 minutes south of Nanaimo, warm and dry in it's shed.
Sweet. Might make a weekend of it so that could work.

Well that blows, too bad that boat is so beat. What did you think of the general layout? Hard to imagine anyone would want such a new boat in such bad shape. Perhaps at a steep discount then send it back to the factory to be refurbished since it is not far away...there was a pretty nice grady 305 locally with sweet new verados. A friend looked at it and the boat was a disaster. My guess is the owner simply moved and threw the keys at the broker saying have at it...

I might have to set up a few viewings on the island. There's another 2012 cutwater to start with.
I'm not sure where you are looking but if its anywhere near Alberni or Tofino I could take a quick look for you ahead of time and snap a few pics etc. It may save you some travel time if its thrashed.

I'm not sure where you are looking but if its anywhere near Alberni or Tofino I could take a quick look for you ahead of time and snap a few pics etc. It may save you some travel time if its thrashed.
Man and to think someone was complaining about how ****** this forum was. My wife and most of my friends think it's SUPER weird to be on this thing so often or to consider some kind of meet-up but I tell you y'all are some of the nicest dudes I never met.

I saw that "I quit" thread too and wondered what I had missed. In sharp contrast to some of the car forums I'm on this place is a Sunday school. That likely speaks more to how desensitized I am to bull sheet though.

Anyway you're going through the right steps towards buying a new rig. Leveraging social media is a great call. You should also let whichever shop you have a relationship with for parts and or service know you're in the market too. That how I found one of the "old cars taking up space in my new garage" locally and it worked out great.

I’ve definitely been enjoying this thread. Like Raincity, I've been considering upgrading from my Bayliner for a while and have looked at the Cutwaters a lot. IMO they are sooo close to nailing my perfect family fishing/cruiser. They are great looking boats with a lot of great features but there are just a couple of details that I keep getting hung up on. Like why does a 28' boat need 4 sinks?? Does it really need a stove, oven, and microwave? You can make great meals with 2 burners and a BBQ. In the cabin I'd like to see a bench/lounge seat (similar to Bayliner/Whaler) on the port side instead of a stove and all those cabinets. Ladies always seem to love the lounge seats, plus they are great for entertaining. And afternoon naps. Ditch the 'coffee bar' in the cuddy and put in an actual closet for hanging rain gear and storage. There are a couple of other items I’d change up as well. I’m hoping they start producing the “Time Out” version soon for weekenders like me, so I can pick up a good used one in a few years. :)

But still, I think they are great boats and I keep coming back to them. All the best with the boat hunt Raincity!

If you go over to the Island have this rig a look over: https://thunderbirdmarine.com/yacht-sales/30-hardtop-express-cruiser/ Twin Yami's too....
Nice. I might as well take a look. You never know until you see them in person.
Has anyone suggested a glacier bay? This link might not be the one but they are nice. Bench seating, level entry, enclosed and lots of windows. Kitchen above. The 29's are really nice. Outboard and fishing machines too. Up the budget and check out Aspen C100 etc

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/d/glacier-bay-2690-power/6748838654.html
Pretty cool. Looks a lot like Merry Fisher.

A guide next to me in the marina the last 3 years has the 2690 Glacier Bay. I think he was a rep for them a one time too. He really likes it after starting in a smaller Hourston....then a Seasport and on to this hull. I haven't seen him have to do anything to the boat repair wise. However I can't say the same for a couple of his 150's on the back of it... lol Not sure it's quite the boat you are looking for but another option for you to make it even harder to decide! :)

I looked long and hard at boats before I decided to build. Again my final decision was more of a purpose built boat and doesn't check many of the boxes you are after. In saying that I have spent and continue to spend a lot of time looking at boats non the less. I had probably 4 boats on my list to bring up from the South at one time or another. One boat that stands out to me for a lot of bang for your buck is the Grady White 305 Express. There are lots of them in the States and honestly not too far off the mark budget wise other than the JT taxes that are in place unfortunately. A big boat with arguably some of the nicest lines on the water....IMO

I just went and checked out the 28 cutwster in port, just did a quick look over. Seemed to be in pretty good shape, engine compartment looked clean only 400 some hrs on it. A little bit of wear on some of the wood finishes and the leather seating on the port side had some wear and spider cracks

Back