2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Went out to Constance today for halibut fished from 12 to 6. Skunked. But did manage to see 3 porpoise working on herring. Kids were happy.
I was rooting for you... you’ll get em next time! Thanks for posting your reports

Second to Tinboatrob. Was out there today as well. Hard fishing. Lumpy water and steady wind. I hooked one in 120ft of water but lost it soon after. Did get one beauty rock cod on the turn away from Brodie though. :)

Spent from 4:00 until dusk searching various depths, with a lot of time near bottom from Trial through the flats. Not a nibble. Anyone have any luck lately? I expect the Coho run is done?

The flats tend to produce better on a flood tide. Looks like you were out on a slow ebb. A run of coho went through the flats last Sat and I had a few good marks at mid depths on the finder on Sunday. Last week was good early in the week and on Sat but haven’t heard much caught since then.

Not sure the Flats is a tide thing but a ‘herd of Puget Sound hatchery fish’ decide to cruise on by and pasture for a few days. That place ain’t rocket science. When they are there it’s like shootin’ ducks in a barrel.

The Campers have set up shop in the gravel parking lot by the north launch. South launch and parking remain unaffected at this time.

I wouldnt leave my truck anywhere at cattle while they are there.
the amount of car break-in's and shenanigans last time they were in oak bay, its just not worth it.

Back