Fish Farms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been seeing this on this thread multiple times in recent months. It has been allowed suggesting it is totally acceptable to name individual posters personal identities without consent of the individual being named. At the same time AA's identity has been viciously defended by the same posters naming names in the past.
I think its pretty hypocritical to defend anonymity one moment and then when it suits your cause plainly change the rules the next.
Perhaps the @Admin will step in here and let us know what the standard will be so there is no confusion in the future.

LOL
I thought it was a joke!!!
Are you sure you have got your facts right Birdsnest?
Editor of the Sea West News...eh...wow...can't believe Fish Farms would allow such a loose cannon to be in such a key position.

Editor of the Sea West News...eh...wow...can't believe Fish Farms would allow such a loose cannon to be in such a key position.

It's his own news media outlet. If you have something you want to promote, or in this case the Farms wanted to mitigate all the bad publicity they were getting with lice outbreaks, disease, escapes etc. So, they hire Fabes, then he creates a fake site with a pretty name, then starts pumping out articles to refute the real science that comes out.

He attacked the chefs and everyone else that came forward to put their support towards having the licenses revoked when they came due.
As part of the deal, you get to have him visit popular websites like this and try to spin propaganda in your favour.

You could hire him for whatever, and this is what you get. So take it with a grain of salt.

Bones..."I often wonder why anyone bothers to carry on a Fish Farm conversation with you on this site!"
Its Fabian Dawson and this is his job.
If its Fabian Dawson, he is the editor of the pro-fish farm propaganda site SeaWest News.
Lmao........you guys and gal have nothing......... no data to back up your claims. You just copy and paste other people's opinions then stand behind them. YOU HAVE no defences when asked for the data or studies. All you are reporting is sea lice on the farm. You have nothing for sea lice studies in the ocean. You know that.......this is why you resort to name calling and throwing sand. Typical...... why don't you go back to social media and cry. Not one of you have stepped on to a farm. Keep up the name calling since that's all ya got. You will never see a person here with a open minded approach call you names and cry because we have the science that shows other wise. And if you are going to constantly come here and promote your cause then I will sit here and ask for your data to back up YOUR OPINION.

It's his own news media outlet. If you have something you want to promote, or in this case the Farms wanted to mitigate all the bad publicity they were getting with lice outbreaks, disease, escapes etc. So, they hire Fabes, then he creates a fake site with a pretty name, then starts pumping out articles to refute the real science that comes out.

He attacked the chefs and everyone else that came forward to put their support towards having the licenses revoked when they came due.
As part of the deal, you get to have him visit popular websites like this and try to spin propaganda in your favour.

You could hire him for whatever, and this is what you get. So take it with a grain of salt.

OR YOU COULD hire me and few of my employees to come by and WIRE UP your next business or house. Perhaps you require bucket truck services. I could send out a service technician to fix your pole lights?

The funny part is....... I cant type or spell well and your calling me a writer......lol who's the stupid one?

The funny part is....... I cant type or spell well and your calling me a writer......lol who's the stupid one?

Seems if you were a paid media guy trolling this site with misinformation using imperfect spelling and grammar would be exactly what you would do. Looking at your posting history you pretty much only post in fish farm related threads.

While fish farm supporters on this forum continue to beat a dying horse and support unsustainable net pen salmon farms the industry they defend is moving on and out of the water - Ya gotta like it!!!

https://www.fis.com/fis/worldnews/w...460103765&mc_cid=c2d8adfac0&mc_eid=40977b7a71

56763_345x275_72_DPI_0.jpg

Salmon land-farm planned to be built by Whole Oceans in Bucksport. (Image: Whole Oceans Vimeo)

Maine's firm expects to start salmon land-based farm construction in 2019

UNITED STATES
Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 23:50 (GMT + 9)

A Portland-based company, Maine, is planning to build a USD 75 million land-based aquafarm to raise Atlantic salmon indoor in Bucksport — Maine’s second such facility, at the former Verso paper mill site.

The company Whole Oceans has filed nine permit applications with local, state and federal regulators to build its plant and according to a spokesperson for the firm, the process is going well, Bangor Daily News reported.

The company originally hoped to begin site work preparation as early as two months ago, with construction to follow, but the permitting process is not finished.

Whole Oceans expects to create hundreds of direct jobs and hopes to expand its initial investment to more than USD 250 million in Bucksport in a phased, multi-year plan. Its goal is to produce 5,000 metric tons of Atlantic salmon per year.

The Maine Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) spokesperson David Madore said Whole Oceans has filed a waste discharge permit.

The DEP also will review site development and general site construction permit proposals. Other applications for permits are pending or will be filed with the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry, and the Town of Bucksport.

Whole Oceans: Sustainably Farmed Atlantic Salmon from Whole Oceans on Vimeo.

editorial@fis.com

Last edited:
While fish farm supporters on this forum continue to beat a dying horse and support unsustainable net pen salmon farms the industry they defend is moving on and out of the water - Ya gotta like it!!!

https://www.fis.com/fis/worldnews/w...460103765&mc_cid=c2d8adfac0&mc_eid=40977b7a71

56763_345x275_72_DPI_0.jpg

Salmon land-farm planned to be built by Whole Oceans in Bucksport. (Image: Whole Oceans Vimeo)

Maine's firm expects to start salmon land-based farm construction in 2019

UNITED STATES
Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 23:50 (GMT + 9)

A Portland-based company, Maine, is planning to build a USD 75 million land-based aquafarm to raise Atlantic salmon indoor in Bucksport — Maine’s second such facility, at the former Verso paper mill site.

The company Whole Oceans has filed nine permit applications with local, state and federal regulators to build its plant and according to a spokesperson for the firm, the process is going well, Bangor Daily News reported.

The company originally hoped to begin site work preparation as early as two months ago, with construction to follow, but the permitting process is not finished.

Whole Oceans expects to create hundreds of direct jobs and hopes to expand its initial investment to more than USD 250 million in Bucksport in a phased, multi-year plan. Its goal is to produce 5,000 metric tons of Atlantic salmon per year.

The Maine Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) spokesperson David Madore said Whole Oceans has filed a waste discharge permit.

The DEP also will review site development and general site construction permit proposals. Other applications for permits are pending or will be filed with the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry, and the Town of Bucksport.

Whole Oceans: Sustainably Farmed Atlantic Salmon from Whole Oceans on Vimeo.

editorial@fis.com
People here keep commenting that land based fish farms are more environmentally friendly and pose very little problems when compared to ocean based farms.

With th current farms placed on land to fill just the tanks, it will consume 75B gals of fresh water
They estimate that by 2030 or may have been 2040..... 1 in 4 countries will not have fresh water. Were do they plan on getting the water?

75 billion gals doesn't seem very enviro

Seems if you were a paid media guy trolling this site with misinformation using imperfect spelling and grammar would be exactly what you would do. Looking at your posting history you pretty much only post in fish farm related threads.
And you and fogged in rock dog and AA primarily troll this portion of the website. What does this make you? AA doesn't even fish, doesn't eat salmon....etc. does this automatically make her almo???
Hey cali...... do you have anything pertinent on the sea lice subject? Or as you put it are you just trolling?

People here keep commenting that land based fish farms are more environmentally friendly and pose very little problems when compared to ocean based farms.

With th current farms placed on land to fill just the tanks, it will consume 75B gals of fresh water
They estimate that by 2030 or may have been 2040..... 1 in 4 countries will not have fresh water. Were do they plan on getting the water?

seems very much like the lesser of 2 evils no?

not very enviro?, neither does open polluting, but you most likely have a defence for that too.

Back to the original question before the personal attacks

What does a report from London on sealice in other parts of the world have to do with BC?

Claims are then made that there is a sea lice problem in BC.

Does anyone have any information with respect to these claims or is it just more hot air coming from activists again?

And you and fogged in rock dog and AA primarily troll this portion of the website. What does this make you? AA doesn't even fish, doesn't eat salmon....etc. does this automatically make her almo???
Hey cali...... do you have anything pertinent on the sea lice subject? Or as you put it are you just trolling?

What do you know what AA does, or doesn't do? More importantly what difference does that make on an anonymous, open forum?

I know AA and he is not Alexandra Morton. Cheap, empty, immature, desperate shots IMHO!

The water is recycled treated and recycled of course, unlike the water around net pen fish farms and processing plants that are polluted with concentrated fish feces, dead fish, pesticides, antibiotics and numerous diseases. Hence why the industry is beginning to move on the land and to stop using our marine environment as a dumping ground like many other industries have in the past and then needed to change.

To quote an old song "The times, they are a changing." Time for some FF supporters to 'wake and smell the coffee" on this and start moving with the change, or be left behind.

The water is recycled treated and recycled of course, unlike the water around net pen fish farms and processing plants that are polluted with concentrated fish feces, dead fish, pesticides, antibiotics and numerous diseases. Hence why the industry is beginning to move on the land and to stop using our marine environment as a dumping ground like many other industries have in the past and then needed to change.

To quote an old song "The times, they are a changing." Time for some FF supporters to 'wake and smell the coffee" on this and start moving with the change, or be left behind.
Lol cheap shots from ME???? you have to be kidding

Can you answer the question? Or still attacking me personally? You forgot to call me Fabian dawson like AA, foggedin,rockdog, etc.

The water is recycled treated and recycled of course, unlike the water around net pen fish farms and processing plants that are pollute
You didn't answer the question. Were do you plan on sourcing the water to fill the tanks? J didn't ask anything about recirc or treatments. Just what to know were 75billion gal of water from? Wasn't hard question.

You didn't answer the question. Were do you plan on sourcing the water to fill the tanks? J didn't ask anything about recirc or treatments. Just what to know were 75billion gal of water from? Wasn't hard question.

like a drop in a bucket from a decent source, far better than open polluting hey?

No I don't think so. Not when 1 in 4 counties will be short fresh water in the next few years.....that's not very environmentally friendly. I'm not surprised in your answer tho. 75 billion buckets that's alot on water to steal

You right it is not a hard question. I am not going to answer, nor do I have to. There are clear answers to the question that can be provided by those who are investing the $millions to build it. They are the ones to go and ask to get specific answers to specific questions. Who the heck else would know? However, pretty sure they are not going to build a $75 million plant only then to discover they don't have any water! Obviously the company and investors figure it is a viable and better way to produce farmed fish then polluting our marine environment with more net pens.

One wonders if these are serious questions being asked, or an ongoing attempt to be simply wearisome, vexatious and distracting?

Lol cheap shots from ME???? you have to be kidding

Can you answer the question? Or still attacking me personally? You forgot to call me Fabian dawson like AA, foggedin,rockdog, etc.

Wow.... not going to call anyone anything other than it might be time for some to take a break from this post IMHO. Life is short, so let's enjoy it!

Theres really only one dude that resorts to name calling and throwing sand in the sandbox. You threw sand in my eye!
Pretty fired up today Fabes?

If your industry can't be done on land because it uses too much water or whatever the excuse is now, then maybe it shouldn't be done in these parts anymore? It's not working in the ocean. According to a survey, 75% of BC wouldn't miss this industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back