Fish Farms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can always count on you to keep us updated on other countries "LONDON, UK --
How is this relevant here on this coast???

If you read the article it has nothing to do with London UK, that's just the byline of the article, but rather is about the increasing sea lice problem in both Northern European and Chilean waters. And you believe Canadian net pens are insulated from this issue of increasing lice prevalence and resistance of them to to the drugs and chemicals used to treat them? Is it my imagination or did Cermaq last year stop selling their Clayoquot sound fish under its made up "Eco-Label" because of the infestations? No, we should never look at the serious parasite issues of the biggest farmed salmon producing regions as issues relevant to BC....

Can always count on you to keep us updated on other countries "LONDON, UK --
How is this relevant here on this coast???

We always enjoy your Fish Farm posts Bones.
Can you tell us if the world wide Fish Farm Sea Lice problem is under control?
What is the latest on going Sea Lice problem in Clayoquoy Sound?

"Clayoquot Sound fish farm temporarily closed owing to sea lice outbreak"

So can and will you answer my question? What does London and sealice from other oceans have to do with the sealice on the west coast? Different lice species in different water with different or more relaxed rules.
Were is the current lice problem on this coast?

We always enjoy your Fish Farm posts Bones.
Can you tell us if the world wide Fish Farm Sea Lice problem is under control?
What is the latest on going Sea Lice problem in Clayoquoy Sound?

"Clayoquot Sound fish farm temporarily closed owing to sea lice outbreak"
No I can't and guess what. Outgoing smolt and incoming salmon DO NOT SWIM THROUGH CHILLI OR SCOTLAND so it don't matter to our industry. The as you put it world sea lice problem doesn't affect our numbers. OR ARE YKU TRYING TO TELL US THAT IT DOES?

Bones - this has been described to you many, many times - and you always pretend to have amnesia.

Integrated management needed to solve sea lice, as Nordea says issue reaches ‘worrying level’
By Matilde Mereghetti Oct. 16, 2018
https://www.undercurrentnews.com/20...-as-nordea-says-issue-reaches-worrying-level/
AA how can anyone take your cause seriously anymore. When a member posts an article you RIP into the author or the member. You ***** and call people names to try and defuse the article rather than attacking the information in the article. Then you post.... an article.

Why AA is it that your allowed to post up an article yet others can't?

Bones - this has been described to you many, many times - and you always pretend to have amnesia.
What been explained AA? Your option? What???? Do you expect everyone to bow.

How many wild salmon smolts died last year (estimated) at the hands of sea lice?

https://www.seawestnews.com/bc-salmon-farms-and-sea-lice-management/

In this article it says that lice in bc has gone down over the last two years.

"Atlantic salmon farm employees are required by regulation to examine their fish every two weeks, at a minimum, for regular sea lice counts during March 1 to June 30, to coincide with Out Migration of wild salmon. If those counts show an average of three motile lice per fish, companies are required to take action to reduce the absolute lice count over subsequent weeks. This means either treating the fish (see “Treatments”) or removing them, if a harvest is planned.

When exceeding the three-motile abundance, numbers and the planned management response must be reported to DFO within 7 days."

"Studies have shown that, in British Columbia regardless of the presence or absence of salmon farms, there is wide variability in sea lice prevalence in coastal locations. Research over the past decade shows lice levels are significantly linked with ocean conditions and variations in wild hosts."

"
Our study found that population-level abundances of sea lice on farmed and wild salmon in Muchalat Inlet were very low. Our analyses suggest that farm-origin sea lice can influence the likelihood of L. salmonis being introduced to sympatric juvenile Chum. However, the levels of sea lice infestation observed on these wild fish did not appear to be influenced by the sea lice abundances recorded on farms. Therefore, continued compliance with the current regulations regarding sea lice control on the farms in BC should be an efficient strategy to avoid outbreaks of this parasite on the valuable wild stocks along their migration routes.” Scientific Reports volume 8, Article number: 4023 (2018) doi:10.1038/s41598-018-22458-8

Stay tuned for the latest on sea lice count in British Columbia. The numbers have decreased over the last 2+ years.

No I can't and guess what. Outgoing smolt and incoming salmon DO NOT SWIM THROUGH CHILLI OR SCOTLAND so it don't matter to our industry. The as you put it world sea lice problem doesn't affect our numbers. OR ARE YKU TRYING TO TELL US THAT IT DOES?

Bones, it is generally hard or impossible to follow your logic or thinking.
I often wonder why anyone bothers to carry on a Fish Farm conversation with you on this site!
There is undeniable proof Sea Lice kill smolts. (your best and only answer in the past has been "show me the dead fish")
There is undeniable proof Fish Farm Sea Lice are a major problem in B.C. and world wide.
If you can provide undeniable proof that Fish Farms do not have a Sea Lice problem, please do so.

So...... data?

Been sometime waiting for the numbers.......
Fogged in did you check out? You said you had undeniable proof that sea lice are killing smolts. Your data???? Were waiting or are you just trying to put the fear into the general public again.

Last edited:
So...... data?
Been sometime waiting for the numbers.......
Fogged in did you check out? You said you had undeniable proof that sea lice are killing smolts. Your data???? Were waiting or are you just trying to put the fear into the general public again.

Bones..."I often wonder why anyone bothers to carry on a Fish Farm conversation with you on this site!"

Last edited:
Its Fabian Dawson and this is his job.

I have been seeing this on this thread multiple times in recent months. It has been allowed suggesting it is totally acceptable to name individual posters personal identities without consent of the individual being named. At the same time AA's identity has been viciously defended by the same posters naming names in the past.

I think its pretty hypocritical to defend anonymity one moment and then when it suits your cause plainly change the rules the next.

Perhaps the @Admin will step in here and let us know what the standard will be so there is no confusion in the future.

viscously defend? I don't think so Bird, lol.
I think in this case it really helps understand where all the jargon is coming from. The lack of understanding, the amnesia, all that is explained. Just like his website says, he spends time on public forums debating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back