2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

anyone know where they are selling the "i got loose in nanoose" tshirts?

Hi all just moved north of Qualicum Beach from the mainland, so new to the area. Is a launch pass highly recommended ?
First of all, welcome to the Island! I will assume you will get a variety of answers here. My $0.02 is no. If you can afford it, great, but I find that I launch out of Clutesi, FC and Schooner equally so have never been tied to one launch. If however, you know that the vast majority of your fishing will be from FC per se, then why not have it and save a few dollars in the long run.

Hi all just moved north of Qualicum Beach from the mainland, so new to the area. Is a launch pass highly recommended ?

Like bigdog said. How much will you use the launch? $13 a pop every time you launch. The pass used to be linked to the boat trailer so you couldn't launch a friends boat with your pass. I haven't bought a pass for a few years not sure if it's still linked to the boat trailer.

Thanks for the welcoming and response, I was kinda thinking the same as you in regards to launching at different areas, but that being said I did panic and purchase as pass lol

We will definitely fish a lot as it’s a family activity for us, my boy now 7 pretty much grew up on our boat. We previously lived in whistler and moored in Vancouver every spring we would hit the gulf Islands and Nanaimo fisheries so I was thinking we would launch out of Nanaimo a fair bit, and now I would obviously like to hit the inlet a fair bit to. My new house is only 20 min to the French creek launch though

We will definitely fish a lot as it’s a family activity for us, my boy now 7 pretty much grew up on our boat. We previously lived in whistler and moored in Vancouver every spring we would hit the gulf Islands and Nanaimo fisheries so I was thinking we would launch out of Nanaimo a fair bit, and now I would obviously like to hit the inlet a fair bit to. My new house is only 20 min to the French creek launch though
Congrats Dave definitely envy you right now !!!

Whaaaaat?! You ******* we lost a good one. Congrats man I'm super jealous. Let's definitely hook up for a weekend trip or something on your side.

You only have to go out 15 times to break even. I screwed up last year ended up paying about $600 vs. $195. So for me, hell yes it's worth it. Now I can go even more!

I’m happy to announce that as of today I am also an Islander. Sorry to leave the mainlanders however it’s time. We have a nice setup in Qualicum Beach so will be plying the local waters a lot more now. Looking forward to sharing reports!

Congrats.

Count me among the envious.

From there you can access so many amazing fishing spots along with the local areas.

Back