Shore fishing around Sechelt?

ElectricDyck

Family and I are staying at a friends in sechelt this week..

We hiked out to the point on smugglers cove and caught and released some small greenling and rockfish jigging buzz bombs..even snagged a sea cucumber..was fun

Any advice on some good shore fishing locations? Unfortunately we have no boat with us..

Ive done some googling and sounds like there may be some coho opportunity?

Just got out of the hot tub, had some sockeye and an apple cider for breakfest, where should I go?

Yup, Davis bay used to be good but the returns have been dismal the last couple years for all species.

Pretty tough to reliably shore fish these days, lots of leg work, very few fish. There's always a chance tho?

Wish I had better news for ya!

If you have the budget try and get hooked up with a guide and get out there for some salmon or lings.

I own a summer place around Wilson Creek on the water and folks walk out onto Mission Point this time of year and go for it. Plus the Davis Bay dock is well known for buzz bombing but it has all been taken over as a crab fishery these days but there's always the Wobbly Canoe where the Beach Boy used to be as a consolation prize. People will walk onto the beaches on both sides of the point to go for pinks and coho. I have not been up on the Coast for a week or so but I know there have been coho showing in decent numbers in that area.

You could also go into Trail Bay sports in Sechelt and ask anyone in the fishing section, they're super helpful...I have heard that there have been coho on the inside as well which is a super welcome return to the area.

Anyone fish Bonniebrook in Gibson’s? Used to be decent.

Talked to source for sports and also went to check out chapman creek..not much goin on..met a nice guy fishing flounder there and he said it doesnt kick off till mid september most years..

Tryed the dock..kids messed around with the little fish...there was guy buzz bombin..i tryed for a bit..no fish caught..

Think tomorrow we will grab the kayaks and check out the inlet..apparently theres usually some coho with no where to go...and used to be good for rock fish and lings down the way...

Talked to source for sports and also went to check out chapman creek..not much goin on..met a nice guy fishing flounder there and he said it doesnt kick off till mid september most years..

Tryed the dock..kids messed around with the little fish...there was guy buzz bombin..i tryed for a bit..no fish caught..

Think tomorrow we will grab the kayaks and check out the inlet..apparently theres usually some coho with no where to go...and used to be good for rock fish and lings down the way...

Any joy up the Inlet (or elsewhere)? I am going to be heading up with kids this weekend - but I may take the kayak out for snapper and ling fishing too. But anywhere with a dock they can drop a rod would be great.

Any joy up the Inlet (or elsewhere)? I am going to be heading up with kids this weekend - but I may take the kayak out for snapper and ling fishing too. But anywhere with a dock they can drop a rod would be great.
Snapper and Ling closed Oct. 1 I think.

Yes Ling closed. Also original post about hiking out Smugglers Cover and jigging cod..your are actually in the Thormanby RCA (Rockfish Conservation Area) that covers all of Welcome Pass area..so that is not really a spot you want to fish. Inlet is a lot better for a kayak this time of year due to less winds etc then outside...might find some coho or odd pink, chum usually show if any late october. Used to be good in a few bays up there but really slowed last few years once the old Maclean Bay hatchery closed.

Back