Status
Not open for further replies.
So...what's the update? I haven't been to that beach in a couple weeks but I did get a chance to talk to one of the guys working on the site. It should have opened about 3 weeks ago but I haven't gone to check it out myself.
I drove the beach and looks to me like the launch is gone. They've graded it so people can sort of launch from a wide area but not solid surface that I could see. I was there at mid tide. Not sure how that "launch" are is going to hold up when people use 2wd vehicles to launch and load. ....

I drove the beach and looks to me like the launch is gone. They've graded it so people can sort of launch from a wide area but not solid surface that I could see. I was there at mid tide. Not sure how that "launch" are is going to hold up when people use 2wd vehicles to launch and load. ....
The plan is a new concrete launch

View attachment 40567 We are at south arm and we’ve played 8 Sockeyes in first 90 minutes! They are still here. Have 5 in the box already.
Thanks for the report when I saw it I grabbed my stuff and headed for the door... the wife gave me the look and said, "you need more fish?" That was it stopped in my tracks and dropped the gear. Not today :-(

Thanks for the report when I saw it I grabbed my stuff and headed for the door... the wife gave me the look and said, "you need more fish?" That was it stopped in my tracks and dropped the gear. Not today :-(
I've convinced my wife that I'm a nicer person when I get to fish when I want. Unless I get skunked...

Fished SH from 2 till 6:30, one hit thats it. Not many jumpers . Never saw a net out either . Sure changes it a day .
Commercial Trollers were out south of the Green Can, never made it down there as marked fish closer to the mouth. Hit was at 35 ft with red flasher , pink squirt .
Tried from 100ft down up to 25ft.
Beauty day , and man are those Sea Lions BIG. They were out getting a few .

Had 4 socks in quick succession about 2:30 and onwards at Sandheads. And a beauty clipped ho on the socks gear before. Saw lots of jumpers around me. Not even close to yesterday but they were around. 87 and 64, minus the 15’ of dummies on each side with a 10’ stack.
Got out there about mid day, had a wild ho right off the bat then started marking the way points and honing the schools down.

We'll be out on Wednesday for sure, likely will start at the Cap then run out to t10 . I'm also considering a run out to Bowen, anyone been that way lately? I literally spent my entire day at the office researching swivels and refitted a bunch of hoochies so I'm really looking forward to being out again.

As for right of way at the Cap, I always guessed that when you're heading west inside to beach / heading east outside to the shipping lane. I also try and stay away from the crowds and far prefer fishing when I can't hear sirens or see trump tower..

Yes we were putting lines down and up as fast as we could when the bite was on. Always neat when you can see your lines falling near the bait.
Hey there Tightlines went to try and PM you and for some reason couldn't find that feature anymore? Anyway if you're able to PM me or post the pros and cons of your Dragonfly 7 Pro as I'm considering buying one. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back