Status
Not open for further replies.
So surprised not to see any updates from the cap. Was told yesterday it was hot. Well even though I told myself never go solo again couldn't resist the urge. Dropped lines about 3. About 30+ boats. Everywhere I looked boats were into fish. Lots of charters giving their clients money's worth. Only saw one sent back. One boat spent 20 mins playing one. One bite for me at 80 on bait but understand white hootchies working well also. 90 -110 ft. was best and fishing shallow was the ticket! Best I ever saw at the cap. Anyone else out that way?

Pescador, have you considered turning off the fish symbol setting.
I suspect a lot of things which you are seeing to be fish are something else.
Leave it off for a while and you'll see arches where fish are, I suspect those circles that you're seeing may be the leaf portion of bull kelp

Garmin doesn’t seem to do the arch thing like Lowrance. I don’t always leave on the fish symbols. But I’m pretty sure based on my experience with Garmin some of those are fish.

Garmin doesn’t seem to do the arch thing like Lowrance. I don’t always leave on the fish symbols. But I’m pretty sure based on my experience with Garmin some of those are fish.

Yeah definitely there's a couple fish on there, possibly.
my issue was them showing the Blobs of kelp as a whole bunch of fish, I am suspecting he might have thought those were schools.

Anyone planning to fish the DofNV fire fighter's derby tomorrow? Looks like some weather is coming tonight with plenty of wind so it should be an interesting day to test out the rain gear. Good luck to all!

Anyone planning to fish the DofNV fire fighter's derby tomorrow? Looks like some weather is coming tonight with plenty of wind so it should be an interesting day to test out the rain gear. Good luck to all!

Fished it last year, but gotta work this year. I'm planning to fish off the North Arm on Saturday...maybe further south depending on my timing.

Had decent action at SA last 2 nights. Fished solo both nights. Tuesday had a decent 10# spring, good sized sock, 40cm hatch ho (released), all on sock gear, and another pin pop ho on chovie for my last 45 min. Current/river run off was tough that night. Trolled the 250’ contour south and back again.
Last night did landed my first solo double header straight out from the lighthouse 300’, regrouped detangled and hit another 10 min later. 87’ and 64’. 15’ of dummies on each side.

If anyone fishes the Cap today I would greatly appreciate to hear from you good or bad , interested in hearing how your doing up there, I noticed above a report that its hot ????

If anyone fishes the Cap today I would greatly appreciate to hear from you good or bad , interested in hearing how your doing up there, I noticed above a report that its hot ????

Buddies were out yesterday morning....unfortunately for the low tide and said it was slow. Reading the report above mentioning it getting hot in the afternoon around the high makes sense.

Was out yesterday 1-6, a little ruff heading out SA but wind calmed and beauty day.
Fished the schools north of SH 200’ tried all depths colours no socks, headed to red and white can went 120’ with anchovies and got a nice 18# lost a couple others that didn’t stick ,

Hey, new to this forum and wondering if anyone knows what the word is on when the sockeye season is closing. Want to hit the water this weekend for a few more sockeye for the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back