Malibu boats

jaymasta

Does anyone know where Malibu boats are/were made and know where to find specs about the different hulls, the 162, 182, 185, fish and ski etc...the only thing I can find is info on the big U.S ski boat company. I am assuming they have gone under as I can’t find any website about them.
Thanks

Yes they were made in the Okanagan. Sorry to hear if they are no longer in business. I had a 17 Malibu Tyee that was a terrific boat, The hull was pretty well identical to the Double Eagle. The only difference that I noticed was the transom on the Tyee was beefier than on the Double Eagle. It rode and handled rough water well-great fishing boat.

Thanks guys, trying to find some info on the 182 Hull, specifically the weight of the hull and size of the gas tank.

I bought a 182 new in 2003 and had it for 5 years. Very solid well built boat. I will look around I might still have the original sales brochure on it...I tend to keep that sort of thing. Lol. I may have given it to the guy I sold it to though. I can’t remember the hull weight but I think it had a 35gal tank. I also believe that one of the designers/engineers at Malibu had been with Double Eagle and that’s why the Tyee was so similar in looks to the 175.

Last edited:
Yep...found it! Don’t tell my wife. Lol. She doesn’t like the fact that I keep things after I sell them. I even have the bill of sale from Sherwood.o_O The brochure on the 182 says 34 US gal tank and 1750lbs dry weight. It has a 17’10” centreline and a 7’4” beam. The brochure covers the full 2003 Malibu line up so let me know if you want another model. I’ll up load some pics tonight if I get a chance.

Yep...found it! Don’t tell my wife. Lol. She doesn’t like the fact that I keep things after I sell them. I even have the bill of sale from Sherwood.o_O The brochure on the 182 says 34 US gal tank and 1750lbs dry weight. It has a 17’10” centreline and a 7’4” beam. The brochure covers the full 2003 Malibu line up so let me know if you want another model. I’ll up load some pics tonight if I get a chance.
I would love to know the weight of the 185 if you have it. It’s impossible to find anything about them.

Yep got the whole line up. The 185 inboard says 2716lbs with the 4.3l. Other dimensions are the same.

Awesome! Ya I would love to see pictures of the brochure, also the max HP of the 182? Thanks ReelSlim, this is something I did many google searches on and could not find any info on. If you are going to get rid of the brochure I would gladly take it as well!

I’ll post some tonight if all goes well...kids sports etc happening tonight...lol. The 182 Max Hp is 175 and the 185 is 210 for an inboard.

Hey Jay.....here you go.

Attachments

• IMG_1457.address.jpg
    IMG_1457.address.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_1460.182.185.jpg
    IMG_1460.182.185.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_1461.tyee.jpg
    IMG_1461.tyee.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_1458.specs1.jpg
    IMG_1458.specs1.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_1459.specs2.jpg
    IMG_1459.specs2.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 427
Man I miss that boat...

I have been tempted to get a bigger boat like my 185 but it ticks all the boxes. They are extremely well made vs the double eagles I have had. Not once I have ever felt on-safe in rough weather in it. Just not sure though if I ever want to pod my 185. So far the inboards been cheap and easy to run. I find it has enough room for me and happy with it. Love the hardtop.

I have been tempted to get a bigger boat like my 185 but it ticks all the boxes. They are extremely well made vs the double eagles I have had. Not once I have ever felt on-safe in rough weather in it. Just not sure though if I ever want to pod my 185. So far the inboards been cheap and easy to run. I find it has enough room for me and happy with it. Love the hardtop.

Those boats definitely do a lot of things well for their size. I thought they were better built than the competition in 2003 when I bought it and a nicer layout for what I wanted. I’m unfortunately on round two of two or three footitis. Hoping to tick all my boxes this time with the build and keep this one through my family’s and my growing years...lol.

Thanks for all the info reelslim! No matter how many internet searches I did I could not find any info on the boats!

What is the headroom on the hard tops. Does it increase with the different models?

Oly

Back