2018 Port Renfrew Reports

Lead is to expensive to throw now i am retired, i will just hurl a few expletives instead, hey Brutus keep us posted on the coho, hopefully there will be some big ones hitting the deck, good luck.

Lead is to expensive to throw now i am retired, i will just hurl a few expletives instead, hey Brutus keep us posted on the coho, hopefully there will be some big ones hitting the deck, good luck.
Will do, heading on friday for 3-4 days, just trying to figure out how to rig a dinamite stick

cut it at a 45 degree angle but be careful putting in the tow hook!
The dynamite by itself is fine. It's the blasting cap I would be concerned with. Lay that along side the trailing hook.

My sons and I are heading up Thanksgiving weekend, hoping there are still some coho around. Quick question: do you fish coho on a shorter leader than for chinook? I know you troll faster. We have never targeted coho specifically, usually just get them as by- catch when chasing chinook. Thanks for any insights.
Sakana

I was out on Monday picking up the boat to tow home for the season , but decided to go out to try for a last fish of the season at 10:00 AM. Motored out to the 500 ft. depth where everyone seemed to be settled. Put down my favourite coho gear on one side, the pink gear I use for sockeye, and anchovy on the other side...down top 50 feet and 65 feet, an almost immediately a hit on the anchovy...nice fish about 12 lbs...hatchery. Rest of the trip was on bait and 65 feet with success.

Coho are scattered and I think it’s fair to say fishing is slow. Out in the deep for us it was pretty inconsistent. We hit them right on the surface to 65’ on rapalas, spoons, hootchies.

I saw a guy bonking a wild fish at the estuary/beach..... pretty sure it’s closed unless it’s a hatchery. I could be wrong. There’s was the odd school moving around below the bridge.

Coho are scattered and I think it’s fair to say fishing is slow. Out in the deep for us it was pretty inconsistent. We hit them right on the surface to 65’ on rapalas, spoons, hootchies.

I saw a guy bonking a wild fish at the estuary/beach..... pretty sure it’s closed unless it’s a hatchery. I could be wrong. There’s was the odd school moving around below the bridge.
Pretty sure your allowed 2 wild and 2 hatch in the bay

Slow again today, manage 3 to the boat and 4-5 hits that did not stick, got a 3-4lbs mackeral on at 100ft on the rigger

Back