Status
Not open for further replies.
South south arm Sandheads yesterday fished 7 AM till 3. Mid way through the flood 10AM the jumpers showed up. No biters. 11am Tried a hot pink MP15 and the action started. Boxed 4 lost 3. Bite turned off for us around 2.
There was quite a few boats fishing south towards coal terminals as well as some comies. Did Anyone on here fish down that way? Would appreciate a report from that area. Thanks!

Fished Sandheads Sunday from 9am to 2:30pm. Would have kept fishing but my kicker motor decided it had been run hard enough this year (anybody have tips on rebuilding a Yamaha F8?). High wind in the morning, but water wasn't as bad as I expected. Started out deep, but ended up fishing most of the day near the green can between 150 and 200 feet of water. Ended up with 5 sox in the boat. Lost a few more. Most were caught between 11am and 1pm. Only running one rod per side. Did the best on the side without a dummy flasher - just a green glow flasher on the mainline. Traded stories with Daverroo at the boat launch.

Borrowed a kicker motor yesterday and got back out there around 3pm. Fished till 7:00. It was like a completely different season. Hardly any wind, sun was shining, fish were gone. Still some jumpers, but nothing like Sunday morning. Only had a few bites, almost had one to the boat before he gave us the slip. Handful of shakers. Came home with nothing. At least we weren't filleting fish in the dark like usual. Trolled all the way out to the boats in the straight in front of the coal docks. Didn't see much going on out there.

Nothing yet. Same place depth and gear as yesterday. Not as many jumpers as I saw yesterday. Haven’t marked any schools yet either. Still better than being in an office.

Fished Sandheads Sunday from 9am to 2:30pm. Would have kept fishing but my kicker motor decided it had been run hard enough this year (anybody have tips on rebuilding a Yamaha F8?). High wind in the morning, but water wasn't as bad as I expected. Started out deep, but ended up fishing most of the day near the green can between 150 and 200 feet of water. Ended up with 5 sox in the boat. Lost a few more. Most were caught between 11am and 1pm. Only running one rod per side. Did the best on the side without a dummy flasher - just a green glow flasher on the mainline. Traded stories with Daverroo at the boat launch.

Borrowed a kicker motor yesterday and got back out there around 3pm. Fished till 7:00. It was like a completely different season. Hardly any wind, sun was shining, fish were gone. Still some jumpers, but nothing like Sunday morning. Only had a few bites, almost had one to the boat before he gave us the slip. Handful of shakers. Came home with nothing. At least we weren't filleting fish in the dark like usual. Trolled all the way out to the boats in the straight in front of the coal docks. Didn't see much going on out there.
Are the Coal Ports only closed to retention of Chinook?

This link is a good one and takes you directly to your answer . Easier than searching through Fisheries Notices.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/maps-cartes/salmon-saumon/2018-skrw-ers-eng.html#fraser

This link above was provided in Fisheries Notice FN0666 on July 30th but the original notice with this info was FN0428 on May 30th. There can be FN updates at any time to announce amendments to previous FNotices so you got to keep on your toes always checking notices ( best to get signed up to have them e-mailed to you). I have not seen any amendments to the SRKW management measures other than the Otter Pt extension but that's not area 29.

Hey any1 have any luck out at sand heads today ? Trying to decide whether or not to run out there on Friday . If it’s slow might as well stay around the cap I guess.

This link is a good one and takes you directly to your answer . Easier than searching through Fisheries Notices.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/maps-cartes/salmon-saumon/2018-skrw-ers-eng.html#fraser

This link above was provided in Fisheries Notice FN0666 on July 30th but the original notice with this info was FN0428 on May 30th. There can be FN updates at any time to announce amendments to previous FNotices so you got to keep on your toes always checking notices ( best to get signed up to have them e-mailed to you). I have not seen any amendments to the SRKW management measures other than the Otter Pt extension but that's not area 29.
It appears the trollers are fishing in 29-9 and 29-6. Seems to contradict trying to reduce impacts for the SRKW'S?

Last edited:
It appears the trollers are fishing in 29-9 and 29-6. Seems to contradict trying to reduce impacts for the SRKW'S?

I'll take this from the reports thread and start up another one to reply....
see title "Area 29-9 and 29-6"

Last edited:
After my skunk last night back had to get back out there and sure enough 30 mins in and one dog fish boom fish on just as I set the hook the other rod goes. Fishing with a first timer and we got a dbl header! Got the first fish in pretty easily but the second was more stress full. Bud tries to net from the tail and gets the fish so tangled in the down rigger cable I thought for sure it was a goner but after a couple little runs she was tired enough that we made it happen. 13lbs white and a 14lbs red.

On the water by 3 off by 4.

55 ft and 72 on the riggers with anchovies

Salty dawg and twisted sister flashers.

Fished from 9-1630
Caught 4 Coho, 1 sock 1 Chinook (13lber)
The Coho were all Hatch and caught in 500ft of water straight out from SA White tower. 90-100' on the downrigger wire on a Sockeye mini m15, the sockeye was on the same
The red Chin was caught in 200 ft of water straight out from the red and white can out front of the SA.. 60ft on the wire and once again on m15 mini pink.
Was flat calm all day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back