Federal Court of Appeal quashes construction approvals for Trans Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wildman i tried to get an answer from Raincoasts ultimate douche, Misty, about this same issue regarding the railroad, radio silence as usual, they will not engage anything other than donate here please.
The destination for this heavy oil on rail is most likely where the demand is. PADD3 and to a lesser extent PADD2. PADD3 is Gulf Coast where most of the refineries are that can process this type of heavy oil. Currently they get Venezuela and Mexican heavy but those volumes are decreasing. They need our heavy oil to keep the refineries running at top utilization efficiency or they lose money. If you want to learn about this you can spend some time over on this website. They even answer questions if you ask politely. They put out a Friday report each week that I have found to be very good.
http://www.oilsandsmagazine.com/

Add: West Coast is PADD5

Last edited:
I find it informative that the supporters of the deniers purposely confuse scale and timing like weather and climate. If they did that in the marine environment in a boat ... they'd put their lives and anyone else in the boat at risk. Unfortunately, we are all in the same boat. There is only 1 planet spaceship.
I’ll remember that the next time I see a report on a heatwave and how it’s proof of Climate Change.

I’ll remember that the next time I see a report on a heatwave and how it’s proof of Climate Change.
Global warming/CC doesn't cause weather Floater - again you are (purposely?) misunderstanding the differences in CC & weather. CC however, does make systems & weather more intense over time - more and more intense hurricanes - and longer and more intense periods of drought, etc.

2014 Fall Report of the Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development
Chapter 1—Mitigating Climate Change

http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_cesd_201410_01_e_39848.html

Global warming/CC doesn't cause weather Floater - again you are (purposely?) misunderstanding the differences in CC & weather. CC however, does make systems & weather more intense over time - more and more intense hurricanes - and longer and more intense periods of drought, etc.

2014 Fall Report of the Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development
Chapter 1—Mitigating Climate Change

http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_cesd_201410_01_e_39848.html

According to this hurricanes are not stronger:

Continental U.S. Hurricane Landfall Frequency and Associated Damage: Observations and Future Risks
https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/10.1175/BAMS-D-17-0184.1

Continental United States (CONUS) hurricane-related inflation-adjusted damage has increased significantly since 1900. However, since 1900 neither observed CONUS landfalling hurricane frequency nor intensity shows significant trends, including the devastating 2017 season.

Two large-scale climate modes that have been noted in prior research to significantly impact CONUS landfalling hurricane activity are El Niño–Southern Oscillation on interannual time scales and the Atlantic multidecadal oscillation on multidecadal time scales. La Niña seasons tend to be characterized by more CONUS hurricane landfalls than El Niño seasons, and positive Atlantic multidecadal oscillation phases tend to have more CONUS hurricane landfalls than negative phases.
bams-d-17-0184.1-f2.gif

BN, you notice how they when they talk about the number of Hurricanes, they always date it back to when we didn’t have satellite weather monitoring systems?

Yah, of course we have higher numbers reported now, because we can see them all. Lol.

Seems they rely on ignorance to keep this myth going. People just love a doomsday story, ESPECIALLY when a few celebrities endorse it.

Aaanyway...

We can go back and forth all day long about who is right, and neither side would give in. Though I do like the banter.

The thing to keep in mind though is, if we are just going on historic facts, CC doomsdayers have been wrong in every model/prediction so far. This so far has been a theoretical idea from you guys, with local anecdotal evidence and emotion to back up your story/theory.

So as it stands, the level heads are winning this debate and until that changes, I’ll stand firm. But by all means, keep going.

Because the US is going back to a common sense approach to environmental regs, it’s is Canada and the rest of the Western developed nations that will suffer consequences of CC, not America. While “developing” nations thrive at our expense, polluting all they need because it’s “their turn”.

If you can step back and look at this impartially, you will see what an underperforming economy coupled with/caused by business restrictive CC policy will do to your goals.

Ill bet my bottom dollar that the idea that takes us to the next level comes from America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back