Status
Not open for further replies.
So you mean to tell me everything DFO and UBC Fisheries scientists and WDFW et al. Is all fake news? Damn...I haven’t landed a TYEE in Vancouver waters in several years....I wish that were fake news.

So you believe everything DFO is telling you ........ Really?
Yes they run the show, but as you know they are as Political as it gets, thought you were smarter then that. Yes numbers down, yet the Sportfishers the issue. Again Really? Check the roll on your chovie or herring, different rolls attract bigger fish lol. I prefer beef tenderloin over burger, whales Chinook over coho, but when I'm hungry I certainly don't turn down a good meal regardless. Do ya think the closure of so many areas has fattened the Blackfish up...... Not likely. Jeeze, the top officials don't even believe their own scientists in regards to desease, you all in on their decisions, I'm not. Now build numbers by limiting FN kill nets across he rivers, spot closures, slot limits, move fish farms to and based only, start them hatcheries up again, while continuing to help the economy. Smoke n mirrors. Political BS. The Sportfishers to blame. Not the Harrasment chase boats interrupting the Orcas feeding.

The Main body of Sox is staging deeper, those trollers aren't there for no reason. Go deeper fellas if your not finding any. The Trollers were slaying them at 120-140. I don't like to go there with all my flash but got plenty 70 to 99 two days ago.
That said, my best productive main depths has been between 40 to 70 feet ........ And many are finding success there too, if ya find the biting schools shallower...... But as said before lots are staying deeper.
Have fun every one as it dwindles down. We have plenty and are busy canning ....... Hopefully.... We get to fish again this return run in 2022. If DFO doesn't give it all to the FN that is. That appears what's happening in the near future. They will have it all unless 96% of Canada's population speaks up.

HT

Last edited:
Fished SA yesterday from 730am to 4pm and weather was great. Fish finder wasnt working so we're aimlessly trolling picking up the odd fish with one doubleheader in 400+ ft water. Went 6 for 10, 5 sox and 1 spring. Left after the orca show. A little unnerving when the orca breaches along your trolling path and you realize it's wider than the boat. So it was time to pack it in after they scared all the fish. Got a nice sunburn so don't forget the hat and sunscreen folks.

Thanks for the detailed report! I realize this is a forum but if there is anyway that our kind admin could create a separate thread for people who like to discuss the DFO and blame First Nations folks for their issues it would be great. I believe that many of us on here would like to share technique and weather updates rather than read someone pontificate. Looking to get out and find a nice spring today- any idea about the conditions would be great!

Went 7 for 9 yesterday with all fish out deep 500+ and over 100 feet on the downriggers.
Big schools everywhere but not all were biting. There sure was a lot of boats out. Beautiful day on the water.

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed report! I realize this is a forum but if there is anyway that our kind admin could create a separate thread for people who like to discuss the DFO and blame First Nations folks for their issues it would be great. I believe that many of us on here would like to share technique and weather updates rather than read someone pontificate. Looking to get out and find a nice spring today- any idea about the conditions would be great!

I've wondered about having a separate thread for unsolicited advice and complaining, but I think this is that thread.

Out at T10 area looking my for springs. Water is nice, a bit of a roll from the NW, but quite nice. Lost our first hit, close to the marker, a smallish spring. Everyone who has a boat seems to be out here today.

Anyone out this morning on the water to send an update on the wind and water conditions? The forecast is showing big NW blow and the EC has also posted a wind warning. Not sure what the actual conditions are though....

What app/website is this for the wind report??

SA just landed 1 sockeye north of all the other boats 350 feet Downrigger at 85 3 dummy flashers and 1 green with 28” leader pink hootchie. Super calm out

So you believe everything DFO is telling you ........ Really?
Yes they run the show, but as you know they are as Political as it gets, thought you were smarter then that. Yes numbers down, yet the Sportfishers the issue. Again Really? Check the roll on your chovie or herring, different rolls attract bigger fish lol. I prefer beef tenderloin over burger, whales Chinook over coho, but when I'm hungry I certainly don't turn down a good meal regardless. Do ya think the closure of so many areas has fattened the Blackfish up...... Not likely. Jeeze, the top officials don't even believe their own scientists in regards to desease, you all in on their decisions, I'm not. Now build numbers by limiting FN kill nets across he rivers, spot closures, slot limits, move fish farms to and based only, start them hatcheries up again, while continuing to help the economy. Smoke n mirrors. Political BS. The Sportfishers to blame. Not the Harrasment chase boats interrupting the Orcas feeding.

The Main body of Sox is staging deeper, those trollers aren't there for no reason. Go deeper fellas if your not finding any. The Trollers were slaying them at 120-140. I don't like to go there with all my flash but got plenty 70 to 99 two days ago.
That said, my best productive main depths has been between 40 to 70 feet ........ And many are finding success there too, if ya find the biting schools shallower...... But as said before lots are staying deeper.
Have fun every one as it dwindles down. We have plenty and are busy canning ....... Hopefully.... We get to fish again this return run in 2022. If DFO doesn't give it all to the FN that is. That appears what's happening in the near future. They will have it all unless 96% of Canada's population speaks up.

HT

I’ll take what my own eyes and ears and experiences tell me over what you just spewed.

Always have...good that you feel so good about things just because there are a few Sox out there and you’re going to eat some salmon this winter. The Trollers aren’t slaying by any stretch of imagination relative to the way it should be. There should be 25-40 out there...not a couple of test boats.

You sound like Trump blaming Canadians....as you blame FN and politics in whole for the great issues facing the resource.

This year’s Sockeye Run has turned out to be a big joke by relative comparison. This is it...and this is all Mother Nature gave us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back