Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking that myslef. I am going to trust the government on this one. They never let me down....

Need a tie braker

Synopsis: PZZ100-010715- 305 PM PDT Fri Aug 31 2018 .Synopsis for the northern and central Washington coastal and inland waters...Onshore flow will continue to provide for small craft advisory conditions across the central and eastern Strait thru Saturday morning. In addition, small craft advisory conditions are likely across the northern inland waters this evening and tonight. Onshore flow will continue into the weekend but will be slightly weaker thru late Sunday. Onshore flow will increase again Sunday night into next week as a weak weather system moves across the area. $$

Tonight
SE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming WNW in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Wind waves 1 ft or less.

Saturday
Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NW 6 to 11 kt in the morning. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny. Wind waves 1 ft or less.

Big Wave Dave and Windfinder aren’t the ones sending Search and Rescue out to save your asses....so think about that for a bit before y’all go criticizing it. Lots of 16’ boats out there with 3 guys in it with a poorly maintained 75 horse on the back which can’t handle a 15 knot wind sauced up by an opposite direction tide push.

Think about that for a second....but hey...until one watches someone they know come back to shore in a Coast Guard Bodybag...most don’t.

I’ve left many a fishing spot in high horsepower offshore Whalers and Gradys with guests on board telling the last few boats to stick together when they all leave.

Personally, I don’t think I should have felt obligated to do that on those occasions....but upon me telling them that...they suddenly started nodding and reeling up lines as I pushed my throttles forward. They should have reached that decision and made that call long before I pulled alongside.

Not to be a Killjoy...but it’s great everyone is having a ball....but I would advise against posting pics of nice mid-low thirties Chinooks caught off the Fraser right now. You just stole a Whales lunch.

FM out.

View attachment 39983
Got a 20 incher just off Oak and 32nd on Wednesday night. Catch of my life.
Way to Go!
Hopefully there will still be a decent run 4 years from now. This is great fishing for the kids. Took my youngest three boys out on Wednesday. We had their limits in 3 hrs.....after loosing almost as many as we caught. It was our best day fishing. 3 generations in the boat...what a blast. They are hooked now!
Screenshot_20180831-215819-01.jpeg Screenshot_20180831-215853-02.jpeg

Was out for springs this afternoon. Started at north arm but winds really picked up and combined with current made it tough to fish. Moved to Bell Buoy and landed a low teens spring on the new Gibbs Delta Herring Aid flasher and teaser head just released today. 77 ft, close to the bell.

Attachments

• Herring Aid.jpg
    Herring Aid.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 116
Any wind/wave reports would be appreciated. After reports all week of a calm day it doesn't look that great. Today was the day to run across from Nanaimo. Thanks

We went out for springs yesterday around 11 am, lines in way deep off the QA with a plan to head towards SH. Dropped into an undersized spring right away on bait @ 90' and then 2 more of the same. By 12:15 or so the wind came and never looked back, it was for sure on the high side of "5 to 15" knots the rest of the day . Great day but the I think I needed to be tight in tighter to Shore . The deeps were not kind to me hahaha .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back