Tuna, 2018 - it won't be long

Race for the Blue

Tofino’s $25,000 Winner-Take-All Tuna Derby

The best of Tofino lies well beyond the end of the road, because that’s where you find the real fish. The West Coast’s legendary tuna derby returns September 8-15th, taking fishermen offshore where the real adventure happens. when the land gets small and the fish get big. Get on board.

·$25,000 Winner Takes All Purse

·Daily prizes for biggest fish

·Tuna Tuesday - #CookYourCatch Night at 1909 Kitchen

·Thirsty Thursday - Tofino Brew Co. Brewery Tour and Beer Night

·Race for the Blue Blow-Out Party at Tofino Resort + Marina

·$1500 entry (per boat)

Find out more at tofinoresortandmarina.com/race-for-the-blue-tuna-shoot-out

Call 778.841.0186

Email marina@tofinoresortandmarina.com

Looking forward to fishing this derby this year :)

We're planning on Friday as well, I'll be on 12 , just plain Bob, boat is "HOOKUP" but it get's too confusing when we're tuna fishing.
We are planning to leave the harbour 5 or earlier, I will call you when I am out side.
go get em tiger!! We should get some good shots tomorrow! Are planning a Tuna adventure Sunday if anyone is interested in joining, weather permitting!

Count us in too .We will be in 26 Sea Sport ..Talk to you BoB on the phone yesterday we are going to take my buddy boat and launch in Port Alice at 400am.. Boat name is the... "Island Dreamer"

a bunch of us are still doing a tuna week in bamfield... basically arrive in bam on the 7th, fish what we can until the 16th.. more boats the better!!

Hey @Fishtofino, you still interested in trying this weekend? We are around Saturday-Monday, bringing our own boat, room for two more as I mentioned.

You said you were hoping Monday...we could do a 3/4 day Monday but would have to be back in the Harbour before 4pm to go and get to a Ferry.

Saturday / Sunday no good for you?

Tofini/ Ukee this weekend anybody
Hey there I am new to tuna fishing,been watching the tuna posts for while now starting to get geared at this point I have boat and some gear but no crew that is able to come out with me ,I am more then willing to pay my share and work my butt off if you still have room.

Hi all, the whole body has been quivering these days just waiting for a day to get back out. I’ll be based out today Ukee/Salmon Beach for the next couple off weeks and looking for buddy boats to head out with. What is the story with the London Canyon waters? Last I heard good waters were 80-90 miles out. Can anyone provide more details. Anyone going out this weekend? Cheers.

Count us in too .We will be in 26 Sea Sport ..Talk to you BoB on the phone yesterday we are going to take my buddy boat and launch in Port Alice at 400am.. Boat name is the... "Island Dreamer"
I think we're going to spend the night at Kaines tomorrow night and leave from there. Did you want to do the same?

Hi all, the whole body has been quivering these days just waiting for a day to get back out. I’ll be based out today Ukee/Salmon Beach for the next couple off weeks and looking for buddy boats to head out with. What is the story with the London Canyon waters? Last I heard good waters were 80-90 miles out. Can anyone provide more details. Anyone going out this weekend? Cheers.

Hey @Coastal Crew, my wife and I are up there this weekend going out on our boat, J-Global is coming out in his boat too, possibly others. Shooting for Sunday. Heard rumours of 50 miles.

I think we're going to spend the night at Kaines tomorrow night and leave from there. Did you want to do the same?
Just got off the phone with Sean and we will run down the inlet with him.. But if we are faster who knows we made had to drop a line at Cliff to wait for him :) ....What are your plans heading out or waiting for him.....

Westport tuna Was out Monday on six pack tuna charter. Big seas. 8 ft swells. 60 miles before they wanted to bite. 62.8 F. Trolling was slow. Stopped on jumpers and used live anchovies. Did as well with a green/silver Shimano flat side jig. 112 grams than live bait fisherman. Moved from school to school when they no longer showed on fishfinder. Time was limited when they came on the bite. Last stop 6 in the boat. 3 hour run back. Good luck out there

Just got off the phone with Sean and we will run down the inlet with him.. But if we are faster who knows we made had to drop a line at Cliff to wait for him :) ....What are your plans heading out or waiting for him.....
If he's leaving P.A. in the morning, I will give him the numbers to go to and hail him once he's left Kaines

Looks like the tuna grounds from Bamfield to Cape Scott are going to be tested over the next couple weeks

Good luck to all of you and be safe

Look forward to all the reports
We fished down south-Haida Ridge for nothing.I guess Murphy's fished there too and blanked. Maybe back out to the west next week.

We fished down south-Haida Ridge for nothing.I guess Murphy's fished there too and blanked. Maybe back out to the west next week.
Bob
My wife and I fished with Don on the Green machine Had a great day out learning about tuna fishing. Had the 1 hook up but lost it. Looking forward to getting out again this week weather permitting. I have a few buddy’s showing up today and they are keen to try for tuna as well. My boat is
Blue and called “BEVRLE”.

Sounds good Jim, we hope to go either Thurs. or Fri. again, we'll stay in touch. That's only the second time we have blanked in 6 years chasing them, sorry you had to be on that trip.

Back