Status
Not open for further replies.
I had two crab traps go missing off of UBC on Saturday. If anyone comes across them the floats are marked Kelleher with my phone #. Pull them and keep them if you like. They were dropped on the high, weighted and had an extra 25' of weighted line. Searched for them for an hour on Saturday and an hour on Sunday on the low. Sorry, back to reports.

IMG-20180827-WA0005.jpg Out fishing at Sandheads by 6am hit and landed a 25 pound white on Sockeye gear by 6:20, great start . Next came a Hatchery Coho . While dealing with the Coho , another rod goes off, a nice red 15 pound spring in the box as well now .
Then we went , 7 for 13 on Sockeye
All fish on pink squirts with red and green flashers . Caught fish from 200 to 600 feet of water . Riggers were at 70 and 50 at all depths.

View attachment 39882 View attachment 39881 We got out tonight at the south arm. Immediatly hooked a double header and got those in. Then got a couple more before hooking a freight train. My bud thought he had a deal. All caught 60-70’ on pink squirts. Beautiful evening and steady action.

Saw you guys land that one, what a slab!

I went 4 for 7 this afternoon at SA. Had a newbie on board and was letting her play fish so there was a learning curve and a few lost. Last fish of the day felt like a spring on my light spinning rod with 12 lb test line on it. Must have had a nick in it because it broke the main line and I lost the flasher/lure The fish is probably still dragging it around - hope he learns his lesson.

Saw you guys land that one, what a slab!

I went 4 for 7 this afternoon at SA. Had a newbie on board and was letting her play fish so there was a learning curve and a few lost. Last fish of the day felt like a spring on my light spinning rod with 12 lb test line on it. Must have had a nick in it because it broke the main line and I lost the flasher/lure The fish is probably still dragging it around - hope he learns his lesson.
Why are you using 12 lb test in this troll fishery

Lines down. Gorgeous morning, flat calm.

Update : ended up with 8 in the box and lost way too many. All were deep (100’), 500’ of water off the middle arm.

Last edited:
Im at T10. Saw a big school so I stopped. One hit that didn't stick but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back