Fished Rats nose 2 days & yes it is on fire !! Water looked like it was boiling at times . Whales everywhere . Had our limit of Salmon for 3 in 1 hour then spent 2 hours jigging Hali rock sole & another mean flat fish ! Awesome short day . Tyee grade Salmon are there if u weed threw the none stop action . 30-40’ for springs coho & the odd sockeye . Green & White Coho Killer 6’ leader worked awesome for us . Fished right beside Ukee Charters . Put on a good show for his customers lol . Thx for All the reports. Slick !

How’s the waves and wind out there? I’ve been watching the forecast and thinking to myself there was no way to get out there in those conditions. So I have been fishing the inside.

Some action today at Big Bank today :) Solid fishing offshore

View attachment 39667

View attachment 39668
Ready set duck!!!!
Happy to hear fishing is good off Big Bank.
I've said it before and got blasted before and expect I will again.
In my opinion the photo of 4 fishermen (one might be the guide??) with 16 salmon and 4 halibut does nothing for the image of sport fishing and contributes in a big way to those who support closures and or further restrictions.

Ready set duck!!!!
In my opinion the photo of 4 fishermen (one might be the guide??) with 16 salmon and 4 halibut does nothing for the image of sport fishing and contributes in a big way to those who support closures and or further restrictions.
Agreed that the perception is not great. So is your suggestion that daily limits and possession limits be reduced? Write D.F.O.

Agreed that the perception is not great. So is your suggestion that daily limits and possession limits be reduced? Write D.F.O.
I am not in favor of any furthers limits or restrictions.
The sport fishery have already accepted more then their share of cuts.
I am suggesting that Ucluelet Charters posting photo's on a public forum of 16 salmon might be good for his business but plays into the hands of those who favor more restrictions and are presently pushing for a full closure of that area.

I am suggesting that Ucluelet Charters posting photo's on a public forum of 16 salmon might be good for his business but plays into the hands of those who favor more restrictions and are presently pushing for a full closure of that area.

Bull ****,, we've got to stop worrying about what our perception is and start worrying about defending what we love. We keep going down these roads with these anti everything's playing nice and hiding what we love and not standing up for what we do and what does it get us, F' all thats what it gets us. Just more if what they want and less of what we want. It's time we stand up and tell them to F' off and go pound sand. How's that for an answer !! Pictures of dead fish scare you,, don't look I love em that's why I'm a member of a fishing site, what are you hear for, just to pick on successful fisherman ?

I agree & I like to post positive stuff myself & love seeing pictures private or charter . DFO knows guides are getting Fish ! It’s what they do . The fact some are nice enough to share there catches is Awesome!!!! For a guy like me heading up soon gives areas to go instead of wasting gas trying all the normal spots. Saw only Hump back whales No Killer whales to make that clear at Big Bank . Tips up positively

If the killer whales are so hungry why then are they not indulging in the feast that’s going on offshore

Couldn't agree more. Hats off to those guides for their willingness to provide us with tips on gear and areas where the fishing has been good. Ukeecharters and Fishtofino are some of the best for this and I a commend them for all the help they provide.....and I could care less if they do a little advertising via this site. Smart business in my mind.

I appreciate Uckee charters piks,

Just back from Ukee..
Springs of size and numbers appear to be at wya pt and along the beach towards entrance and red can. We got a 19, 20, 25, and a 30 all at way on Saturday. Coho are all over farther up rats nose area... We were jigged hali on lighthouse bank across from way, and a lot of jumpers were on the surface angling in. Looked like coho's? Caught our springs 45-60 ft water on white and white and green hootchies. We were using the AP green coho killer earlier in the week and could not keep coho off. Switched to white hootchies, red eye, and no coho's yesterday or today off wya , where we were. Other friend's did the afternoon evening bite along wya in and did quite well. We were only there for the weekend, but left very happy..
boats docked beside me, got springs and a coho off cree.

A large squadron of boats assembled in the fog by fuel dock and left together, I heard the big bank or rats nose, we didn't have time to join the train..

Fog extra thick last two days, as in 50ft vis or less from the boat basin out.
This morning zero vis, then around noon, 2 miles out fog lifted and was nice day, upon coming into the bay, the fire smoke has now reached Ukee.

Took it easy on the speed in the fog and radar worked well.

Apparently there was a serious collision in the fog on Saturday. On the outside, a grady white without radar was zipping along at 25 knots and t-boned a slow trolling boat. Boat in bad shape, I understand the fellow on boat has some sort of head injuries?

I appreciate Uckee charters piks,

Just back from Ukee..
Springs of size and numbers appear to be at wya pt and along the beach towards entrance and red can. We got a 19, 20, 25, and a 30 all at way on Saturday. Coho are all over farther up rats nose area... We were jigged hali on lighthouse bank across from way, and a lot of jumpers were on the surface angling in. Looked like coho's? Caught our springs 45-60 ft water on white and white and green hootchies. We were using the AP green coho killer earlier in the week and could not keep coho off. Switched to white hootchies, red eye, and no coho's yesterday or today off wya , where we were. Other friend's did the afternoon evening bite along wya in and did quite well. We were only there for the weekend, but left very happy..
boats docked beside me, got springs and a coho off cree.

A large squadron of boats assembled in the fog by fuel dock and left together, I heard the big bank or rats nose, we didn't have time to join the train..

Fog extra thick last two days, as in 50ft vis or less from the boat basin out.
This morning zero vis, then around noon, 2 miles out fog lifted and was nice day, upon coming into the bay, the fire smoke has now reached Ukee.

Took it easy on the speed in the fog and radar worked well.

Apparently there was a serious collision in the fog on Saturday. On the outside, a grady white without radar was zipping along at 25 knots and t-boned a slow trolling boat. Boat in bad shape, I understand the fellow on boat has some sort of head injuries?

That’s horrible news regarding the collision, very scary, hope the outcome is positive for all involved.

If the 25 knot speed is anywhere near correct than that is really poor judgement...Hope it’s not correct.

Maybe it IS good for the sport... if DFO sees the picture (which they won’t) they would be like,
“Oh wow! Look at all those fish! There must be a surplus of them. Maybe we should help out those really nice and handsome sport fishers and cut all restrictions on salmon and halibut!”
Edit: they would likely also mention how strong and smart we are.

Ready set duck!!!!

This type of thinking about perception is one of the reasons i mainly post pictures and reports on our Facebook page as that's what my followers are looking for.

Its up to the individual on what he or she wants to post for pics, one thing i will say is those springs are small, personally would have kept only 2, but then the guests want fish so Bob's your uncle!!

Back