Still looking for new boat

I do like Monaro's but ,there's always a but,20 year old motors that may be under powered.. I thought I would give my contact #'s for anyone that may not want to use the forum. Ray @ 250-656-5890 or hawthornes@telus.net

Just my opinion, but I'm looking as well and have been for couple months. I got tired of looking at $60,000 worn out boats and decided to go new. It's not locked in stone yet I may not do it but all points are looking like new. Been working with the local dealer on a new Kingfisher 2325 Coastal Express. Not bad looking little tubs, very reasonable for a welded aluminum boat, will get it with the 1/4" hull upgrade a 175 merc and 9.9 kicker. With the way the teriffs are looking and the price these boats keep going for just up and up,, one won't lose money on new. Again just my look on it.

With my max budget new is out of the question,especially aluminum boats,not really looking for aluminum anyways.The fishing season is almost over so I'm hoping somebody with a clean used boat will call but no calls so far.:(

With my max budget new is out of the question,especially aluminum boats,not really looking for aluminum anyways.The fishing season is almost over so I'm hoping somebody with a clean used boat will call but no calls so far.:(
Just curious but what was wrong with the Double Eagle you sold ??

Not much,since I sold a Wellcraft Coastal 25 a few years ago I've had 2-20 ft. boats (Tiderunner and 206 DE) that I spent a lot of money on getting them the way I like ,the 206 was like new when I sold it.I'm a retired shipwright and I enjoyed working on them only to get bored I think when they were done.I did miss the big rear deck and the ride of the Wellcraft but didn't like towing it or the I/O doghouse. I'm starting to feel any boat is better than no boat but I'll wait for the right fit this time.

Just my opinion, but I'm looking as well and have been for couple months. I got tired of looking at $60,000 worn out boats and decided to go new. It's not locked in stone yet I may not do it but all points are looking like new. Been working with the local dealer on a new Kingfisher 2325 Coastal Express. Not bad looking little tubs, very reasonable for a welded aluminum boat, will get it with the 1/4" hull upgrade a 175 merc and 9.9 kicker. With the way the teriffs are looking and the price these boats keep going for just up and up,, one won't lose money on new. Again just my look on it.

Bought my loaded 2007, 2525 Kingfisher with 189 hours on her for $80,000 from an 83 year old man in 2014. Keep looking but be ready when the deal comes. I'm in Edmonton saw the boat when it first hit Vancouver Kijiji, drove to Vancouver the same day to look at her.
Sold my last 2 welded aluminum boats for what I paid after using them for 6 or 8 years.

Bought my loaded 2007, 2525 Kingfisher with 189 hours on her for $80,000 from an 83 year old man in 2014. Keep looking but be ready when the deal comes. I'm in Edmonton saw the boat when it first hit Vancouver Kijiji, drove to Vancouver the same day to look at her.
Sold my last 2 welded aluminum boats for what I paid after using them for 6 or 8 years.

Thats good deal, but not a steal by any means really. That boat probly sold in 2007 for around 100 grand. We did the build sheet on the new 2325 rigged very well for fishing, no fancy stuff but more than the essentials that's for sure, pre tariff build came n at 105. Like you say if I wanted to get rid of that boat in 8-10 years I'll get what I paid for it or darn close. They want 70-80 grand for a 10-15 year old glass boat in another 10 years they won't be worth 20 where's the bigger loss. Sometimes it just makes sense to go new, but yes one has to be able to afford it.

I don't want to offend anybody by saying what I'm going to say but !

I don't care how well a glass boat is supposedly made after 25 years of pounding the water it's getting loose in the critical areas. I see a 1976 Hurston for sale they want 38 for it. I don't care what anybody thinks that would be the day a 42 year old boat that's has pounded the salt water on the Pacific would sit in my driveway, maybe use it for a flower planter. That's a classic "BOAT" bring out another thousand.

Back