Action Required - Potential Fin FIsh Closure from Long Beach to Swiftsure for SRKW

Because unfortunately, people like Seascene have no problem with the “do as I say, not as I do” mentality of these people.

It's amazing how in all these new articles know one seems to point out that SRKW range typically rely on chinook that were from rivers in the USA. It's a shame granny died as i'm sure if we cold interview her she would of said how she loved to dine on columbia river june hogs....The SRKW face so many problems and the ENGO's no this,IT will be the gift that keeps on giving. Most of them are off of fish farms backs now guess that campaign well has run dry...

"it is known that the famed upper Columbia/Snake River chinook - the ones that began life far, far upriver and must climb the highest mountains in order to return as adults to spawn themselves - were generally the biggest and most plentiful fish. Many of those famous populations - like the fabled "June hogs" have disappeared as a consequence of the construction of dams like Grand Coulee, but a few still remain. They start their journey home early, gathering first in the salt water at the mouth of the river in the winter and spring, to be able reach their far-flung streambed destinations before winter returns. Historically, these were the most bountiful runs of chinook found anywhere in teh world, but are now at just a few percentage points of their former numbers largely as the result of dams and other forms of habitat destruction.

Since 2006, winter data has trickled in indicating Southern Resident orcas eating upper Columbia and Snake River chinook. But the best evidence is just in from a young adult male orca from K pod, K25, (Scoter). On December 29, 2012 NOAA researchers tagged him with a satellite transmitter off Vashon Island. K25 always travels with his K pod family, and as of February 22 the tag was still broadcasting location data. A look at NOAA’s maps of his travels show that at least five of the maps, between January 21 and February 8 (to date) show that they consistently milled around, presumably foraging, near the mouth of the Columbia."

http://www.wildsalmon.org/tag/protecting-orca.html

At this time of the year they spend considerable time chasing sockeye, especially when the run numbers are good. (2010, 2014 and this year) I'm sure that back in the day when Coho runs were as strong as sockeye they would chow down on them as well. It doesn't change the fact that 80% of their year round diet is Chinook salmon, as Chinook are available to them year round. The other species only for a few weeks each year. BUT to say they only eat Chinook and the occasional Chum is false. They eat salmon and will go after what ever species will fill their stomach's by the end of the day with the least amount of effort. PERIOD!

Flipping hypocrite!

Lol, same hypocrite that flies around in helicopters and jets wanting to close down oil and gas productions, some people are just picking up on this. It's a business to these people they are getting very wealthy off of this stuff. Their whole referendum is based on lies and scare tactics and people are suckin it up like kool aid, lots and lots on here certainly are.

Lol, same hypocrite that flies around in helicopters and jets wanting to close down oil and gas productions, some people are just picking up on this. It's a business to these people they are getting very wealthy off of this stuff. Their whole referendum is based on lies and scare tactics and people are suckin it up like kool aid, lots and lots on here certainly are.
People eat it up because it gives them some kinda hipster cred amongst their friends. They care not about intelligent opinions, just what makes them look cool, as “caring” is the highest form of self indulgence.

Its been going on for years, WWF, PETA, HSUS Mr Watson, and many more. Their real mandate is to make $$$$ and anti all blood sports. They pay lawyers more $ to stop hunting than they give to save any species. Less panda bears today than when WWF started, where have the Billions of donated $$ gone? Common people are like sheep, meaning those that live by facebook, twitter, Global and the fake news broadcasts. Heard a guy today state that the guys gun that was signed for by his daughter was purchased on ebay or Kijiji. Same as Montreal and TO councilors calling for JT to ban handguns. To dumb to realize criminals don't care, they are all dumb sheep. The SRKW solutions to stop them from starving is all the same BS.

HM

How does a thread about the potential SRKW closures digress to the alt-righters making it about their fake news conspiracies and hand gun bans in Toronto. But then it's probably the Chemtrails affecting me. QAnon?
Only you believe that no fishing for chinook will save the whales. Only you think banning handguns will immediately stop criminals from having them. Maybe you believe that throwing Molotov cocktails at ocean going other nation ships is OK if they are maybe saving a whale. That's again for the alt-righter name again, I call it being aware and not a sheep. But then again you picked California as a handle on here.. I say no more... Leave Monday for my 3 month safari, any negative anti crap to spew???

HM

All the evidence is right there for you Cali. Except your too far down the rabbit hole to admit it.

You have way too much invested in your image rather than pursuit of truth.

Go fish with Suzuki.

I am sure you remember the tar sands campaign where some of these groups not only were accused but found to have been funded by Chinese interests. The plan was to create so much noise in media as smokescreen. Protests etc. At same time the tarsands were bought up secretly by these companies that were paying the protesters. Even the government does it in way called the Ottawa shuffle with news. So this is what I worry about if you remove all BS on whales which we no is not true what is really going on behind the scenes??

Must say I do believe the scientists in story really do care, following whales and scooping poop takes some dedication. Still silence from Canadian Feds about any plans to put $$$ and increase their prey. Scientists and sport fishers are only ones who have really done anything so far. Rest are all lip servicing the sheep.

HM

Only you believe that no fishing for chinook will save the whales. Only you think banning handguns will immediately stop criminals from having them. Maybe you believe that throwing Molotov cocktails at ocean going other nation ships is OK if they are maybe saving a whale. That's again for the alt-righter name again, I call it being aware and not a sheep. But then again you picked California as a handle on here.. I say no more... Leave Monday for my 3 month safari, any negative anti crap to spew??? HM
No comments, don't care what you do. See my last post on this thread being SRKW closures, not about your predictable rants on every thread......

No comments, don't care what you do. See my last post on this thread being SRKW closures, not about your predictable rants on every thread......
I believe HM is pointing out the lack of credibility of the (self) interest groups that are pushing the SRKW closures. The fact they walk in lockstep on every other issue in our society is worth noting.

You obviously pick and choose my posts to read. My rants are about valid subjects that negatively effect mine and this site members who enjoy the outdoors and private property ownership, my points are directed at the credibility of those who are in control and substantiated many times over. Unlike you who attack individual SFBC members who do not conform to your "California" beliefs. I could go back over your posts as you did mine but will leave it at that. I cannot change an anti blood sport persons mind, only question is why are you on this site and not PETA's or others (or are you). My guess would be= troll stirring the pot. I'm off on my BC safari.

HM

Was listening to CKNW from Vancouver’s this morning. There was a director from the Suzuki foundation being interviewed about these closures. He wanted them implemented NOW!

The host, Jill Bennett, was pretty good and asked him questions from a sport fisher’s point of view. He wouldn’t answer some of the questions, side stepped the question like a skilled politician.
She covered seal/sea lion culls, max limits imposed on fishers and how in her view this would have little impact on the stocks, but he wasn’t interested in any of that. He did talk about people in downtown Vancouver, when informed that recreational fishing for Chinook was still occurring, how this upset these folks because they had no idea it was still occurring.
This guy was calling for a complete closure of Chinook for the entire coast of B.C.

Back