Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember how late the run was around in 2014? I'm busy the next 2 weeks but was hoping for one more trip probably not until the first week of September.
For those that are out there targeting Sox....I talked to a guy who got easy limits in Renfrew yesterday so more are on the way.

Does anyone remember how late the run was around in 2014? I'm busy the next 2 weeks but was hoping for one more trip probably not until the first week of September.
For those that are out there targeting Sox....I talked to a guy who got easy limits in Renfrew yesterday so more are on the way.

check the archived fishing reports

Does anyone remember how late the run was around in 2014?
2014 I remember marking large schools deep in English Bay/off the QB marker the first few weeks of September but couldn't get them to bite-it used to be that after Labour Day things were still on fire.

There were still Springs & Coho around though usually are maybe early Chum too.

What are people thinking for wind tomorrow?

Forecast is all over the place on my different apps... A little frustrating IMHO

Well windfinder said 6-7 mile wind, I don’t think that was accurate. Marine forecast was 15-20. That I believe. Was supposed to sit a little down later but we called her quits. Didn’t get any hits after 1pm for 1.5 hrs. Lost about 5 or 6 and ended up with 7! Better than last nights 1- coho. Supposed to be good early morning but I’d get off the water after 10-11 am tomorrow. It just seems to me the big schools haven’t arrived yet. 4 years ago at this time the sockeye jumping on our way out from steveston was crazy. Good luck!

Went out with my son at approx. 2pm out of north arm in our old 18fter and missed 1 and got 1 in 1.5 hours. Lampreys on the sock . Pretty hairy getting past the waves at the mouth. Too much wind and waves for us so we beat a retreat. Hope tomorrow is less windy.

Fishing has been lights out at sandheads last 2 mornings for me anyways 16 b4 9am both days, drigger at 120 so that puts the hootchie at about 90, 3 dummy flashers on each side green n purple. Classic gr n silver flashers with pink hootchs. Lots of turns back n forth. Steady action then the bite comes on and all hell breaks loose

Out This morning around 930 at Sand heads fished for an hour until It got to “deadliest catchy”. Couldn’t find the crab trap that we put out if anybody finds a orange and white boat fender it has a phone number on it but it may be the old phone number. You can have it just let me know if you end up picking it up.

No fish

2014 I remember marking large schools deep in English Bay/off the QB marker the first few weeks of September but couldn't get them to bite-it used to be that after Labour Day things were still on fire.

There were still Springs & Coho around though usually are maybe early Chum too.
My last day of sox fishing in 2014 was Sept. 11. Got our limits but fish were a bit deeper and some were looking a little rough.

out at sandheads this morning and fished from 730am to 1pm, bite was sporadic, downriggers set from 40 to 60 ft. fishfinder stopped working so we packed it in. tough day out there today with the winds and chop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back