Status
Not open for further replies.
Well first time yesterday on the Chuck in months, south arm 330 till 7, never did find any big schools and didnt see any real surface activity, picked off about a
fish an hour squirts and full size pink hoochies. Super conditions but sounds like the morning was a bit better fish wise
Cheers

At t10 since 8am and not seeing anyone catching much. Just 1-2 hits that didn’t stick for us. But nothin in last hour. Wind and waves making fishing and setting gear challenging. Maybe 25 boats here.
What’s happening at the north arm?

Fished Sandhead solo from 2 till 7, nothing till 5pm first double, played with the hotter fish. Got the spring in the 20s to the boat, tried to net but quite difficult and lost it on the second run consolation prize the other rod was a sock and landed that one
Second double landed a spring in the teens and lost the sock, lost a few more socks and all on sock gear
Nice flat calm evening though

At t10 since 8am and not seeing anyone catching much. Just 1-2 hits that didn’t stick for us. But nothin in last hour. Wind and waves making fishing and setting gear challenging. Maybe 25 boats here.
What’s happening at the north arm?
Fishing Sox at North arm. No luck early so trolled out to deep water 500 ft + and found a few. Boxed 4 so far. Tough conditions.

How are the waves and wind at the North Arm right now? Thinking about taking the kids out but seems windy....

Hairy, mouth was very hairy. Heading towards T10 now. Lots of boats were coming back in. Evening is looking better wind wise

Does anyone know what my chances are with sockeye if I'm fishing the bell buoy off UBC? Im docked in Vancouver with a slow boat so making the trip to sandheads is pretty far. Im looking for a closer spot to fish.

Thanks

Does anyone know what my chances are with sockeye if I'm fishing the bell buoy off UBC? Im docked in Vancouver with a slow boat so making the trip to sandheads is pretty far. Im looking for a closer spot to fish.

Thanks
Better to go around to the north arm if the wind isn’t too bad.

Just made it to Sandheads. Little calmer down here. DFO is out patrolling. Lots of boats! Orca's are here too.

Last edited:
Got blown off Sandheads this morning, wind went from a few knots to 15-18 around 830. Saw a few fish caught on bigger boats. Wind and waves too much for me (solo) in a 17. May try again this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back